Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Congrats Moonbeam:D, hope you and your little girl are doing well and that she continues with the good sleeping regime.

Can I ask is everyone else who is heavily pregnant almost begging for it to be over because I am not doing to well with the lack of comfort and waddling:):) Sleeping is getting difficult because I am in my way! Well actually the baby is but I know that he/she cant help it. And I went for my scan at 31 weeks (dates changed because of scan, which is a relief because first set of dates didnt add up) and according to the baby's size and measurements they put the weight at about 3lb14oz I am not good at weights, is that good and how much a week on average does a baby put on for the last 2 months? I'm at 35 weeks now

At my 31 week scan baby was measuring about the same weight (3lb 12oz I think..)... in the last couple of weeks it's roughly half a pound a week! I only had a 6lb'er though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

She always manages to get her arms free somehow (she loves to suck on her hands, despite the fact that she has a soother...) I was gonna buy some of those special swaddlers you can get in smyths cos I'm just usin a blanket at the moment!

I got the special swaddlers in mothercare this time, will let you know how that works out. Hopefully in a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Congrats Moonbeam, glad everything went well for you!!!

Glen is coming on great... I have him in as good a routine as is possible for breast feeding on demand!!

I am going to get him weighed at the clinic later on he was 10lb 7oz xmas week he was 6 weeks then.. (7lb 13oz) when born.

He is starting to grow out of his baby gros!! The last few weeks have flown by for me!!

So quackles not long left are you all set??

Quality wrote: »
    So quackles not long left are you all set??

The sooner the better, I just can't wait to have it behind me! I know, then the real fun starts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

My god, Bio Oil is expensive enough, small bottle was €15 but as long as it works I dont care!:) But thank you for recommending it anyway, I cant remember who did:D:)

I am officially unwell for the first time in months :((excluding the morning sickness of course). I got that throat and head cold thats going around. Any home remedy that works (honey and lemon type things) because I dont want to be taking meds even though the baby is due soon. I rather keep everything going smoothly. Any tips?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

My god, Bio Oil is expensive enough, small bottle was €15 but as long as it works I dont care!:) But thank you for recommending it anyway, I cant remember who did:D:)

I am officially unwell for the first time in months :((excluding the morning sickness of course). I got that throat and head cold thats going around. Any home remedy that works (honey and lemon type things) because I dont want to be taking meds even though the baby is due soon. I rather keep everything going smoothly. Any tips?:)

Crapaholio! I've got that too. Comes with a sinus type headache right? And was feeling so smug at staying well while everyone around me was sick :(
    Am prone to chest infections so will be watching it caarefully. Also slept with vicks and a silk scarf on my neck last night. Seemed to help a bit.

Yes, I was the only person in the house that wasnt sick over xmas, my OH had the vomitting bug and a bad flu, his mother had the bug too, and I was there sitting in the middle of it as happy as Larry! My throat is so itchy, sore and blocked, hemy OH is laughing at my darth vader breathing and my funny voice, I have went up about 2 octaves to a sort of squeaking at the momet!

I'm just sitting on the couch, looking at the jobs that have to be done but I have no energy! I am still eating though! But I have to have ice cream every so often to stop my throat getting too sore! I just want to help myself get better because it is never good to be sick while heavily pregnant! So anything Lemsip like but no paracetamol in it so I am not drugged up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 csad58c

Hi, i'm new to this but was wondering if anybody has recommendations for a good antenatal DVD that i can watch at home

C

Yes, I was the only person in the house that wasnt sick over xmas, my OH had the vomitting bug and a bad flu, his mother had the bug too, and I was there sitting in the middle of it as happy as Larry! My throat is so itchy, sore and blocked, hemy OH is laughing at my darth vader breathing and my funny voice, I have went up about 2 octaves to a sort of squeaking at the momet!

I'm just sitting on the couch, looking at the jobs that have to be done but I have no energy! I am still eating though! But I have to have ice cream every so often to stop my throat getting too sore! I just want to help myself get better because it is never good to be sick while heavily pregnant! So anything Lemsip like but no paracetamol in it so I am not drugged up?

Am bad girl as had paracetamol. :o I wouldn't have icecream though as dairy is terrible for colds. Maybe stick to hot honey and lemon drinks and halls soothers are good too.

Grawns wrote: »
    Am bad girl as had paracetamol. :o I wouldn't have icecream though as dairy is terrible for colds. Maybe stick to hot honey and lemon drinks and halls soothers are good too.

I know dairys are bad, but if I dont have it my throat is too sore to even try swallowing fluids. I took a lemsip last night, but I am terrified I will harm us both with it! Ya I took a strepsil this morning too, which has meds too. No winning, I should get onto glaxosmithklein and get them to make a pregnancy safe line of cold and flu remedies!:):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

I use this when i have a sore throat and chesty(which is not often thank god) o/h swears by it as do friends ect
    Half fill a smallish saucepan with water, throw in a couple of handfulls of brown sugar, good dolop of honey(up to half a jar even) 2 - 3 lemons cut in half, handful of cloves. Bring it to the boil, try and squeeze lemons a little but leave them in pan. Simmer and reduce for hour or so strain and thats it. It should taste horrible but it does work and keeps for days in the fridge. If you have whiskey add a drop for a hot whiskey type drink.
    I once heard that if you boil onions in milk and drink it, its good for colds. but dont fancy that tbh.
    hope ur feeling better soon

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

At 5.30 went to the bathroom and saw some blood (about the size of a 1c coin) - freaked and went immediatly to the hospital - babies heartbeat is fine but am still panicking. Has anyone else gone through this. Really scared. Am about 9 weeks gone but the scans show only about 8...

Hi Cathy

I had some spotting (3 times) but later in my pregnancy. It was unexplained but everything was fine. Try and rest and not worry too much. There's every reason to believe that everything will be fine.

Hey everyone, a bit of twinging in my lower abdomen and nether region and occasional pinches, I dont think it is labour because it has been like this for 2 days, I'm under a bit of stress this week with a bad chest infection/head cold and looking after a very difficult mother in law to be with a fractured wrist, she really is trying alot my patience and energy to an extant I am worrying about premature labour. I'm at 36 weeks so not too premature. Is it just the baby dropping or should I get to Shannondoc?

Don't be worried, next week you'll be classed as full term so if you had your baby now everything should be fine. Would your boyfriend have a chat with his mum and tell her to take it easy on you??

If you're really worried about the pains, ring the hospital and have a chat with them, they'll be able to tell you if it's labour!

Well ladies, looks like baby won't be long now! Went to clinic this morning, doc sprung it on me that he didn't want me going full term because of the diabetes - and they leave it til NOW to tell me?? So he gave me a sweep and if I don't go on my own, I'm to be in hospital tomorrow at 8am for induction :eek: I'm having a baby, holy f*ck!

Sadly adrienne__x she is so self obsessed that we have tried several times as has our GP to tell her she cannot be putting pressure on anyone but sadly since the world is solely about her she's ignoring all advice.

:eek:OMG Quackles, how far gone are you? Scary not about the baby bit I'm sure you've known a while that part was going to come ultimately, but to be told if you are not in labour by yourself tomorrow they'd induce, normally I would have thought they'd tell you in advance and now you have 19hrs left before baby is officially coming! I dare say a bit of a shock. Since I most likely wont be posting you again before baby comes, good luck and best health for you both. Let us know how you got on when you have 2 min to yourself(which might be a while) and of course tell us all about baby:)

I'm due Saturday, so it's no shock that I'd be having a baby soon, but I thought I'd be allowed go in myself, the whole induction thing scares the pants off me! I'll let you all know how I get on as soon as I get a chance. It still seems so unreal!

Wohoo Quackles you'll have a new baby by this time tomorrow hopefully!!!

Best of luck to you... they'll probably give you the gel if your cervix isn't favourable, if it is they'll just break your waters and put you straight onto a syntacin (sp?) drip!

My induction was mental... but all was alright in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

Good luck Quackles, it'll all be over before you know it and you'll be missing rubbing your bump....

Just thought i'd join in here, i'm 9 weeks gone with my FOURTH :eek:. This one was a surprise to say the least.

Haven't had time to read through all your posts yet but good luck to all...

• Advertisement

Wohoo Quackles you'll have a new baby by this time tomorrow hopefully!!!

Best of luck to you... they'll probably give you the gel if your cervix isn't favourable, if it is they'll just break your waters and put you straight onto a syntacin (sp?) drip!

My induction was mental... but all was alright in the end!

Cervix must be ok, after the sweep he said he'd break my waters tomorrow and see where we go from there. Can you still walk around after they break your waters?

I think I'm most fearful about ending up with a section because we messed about with nature :( I'm not a fan of messing about :) On the plus side, he says this baby isn't as big as the last one, and he was 'only' 8lb 7oz!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Popel

hello all, I'm amazingly incompetant at computer technicalities, so here i am testing to see if my ticker works. Fingers crossed it does!:D

and even more fingers crossed....:o

Popel wrote: »
    hello all, I'm amazingly incompetant at computer technicalities, so here i am testing to see if my ticker works. Fingers crossed it does!:D

Nice ticker ;)

Thanks! I just thought it was so original ;)

But i really like that my little lump already looks so human on it. It looks like a real baby already :)

Quackles wrote: »
    Cervix must be ok, after the sweep he said he'd break my waters tomorrow and see where we go from there. Can you still walk around after they break your waters?

I think I'm most fearful about ending up with a section because we messed about with nature :( I'm not a fan of messing about :) On the plus side, he says this baby isn't as big as the last one, and he was 'only' 8lb 7oz!

Yeah you can still walk around after they break your waters, in fact they encourage it because it's supposed to help bring on labour... if they hook you up to the drip though you won't be able to walk around because you have to have the trace on you at all times (which was a pain in the arse I would have preferred to be able to walk around... nothing to concentrate the pain on when you're lying on your back!).

Depending on the hospital they'll only let you go so long in labour after an induction and then they will c section you... They should give you a leaflet tomorrow to tell you what to expect!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Sorry to be the dark cloud here - we lost baby today, they scanned in the morning when I was not having any pain but over the intervening hours I got severe pain and bad bleeding of red blood so they did another scan and confirmed that baby was dead though I have yet to expell it.

Cathy I am so sorry. I really cannot find the words to express how much I wish you didnt have to go through this hell. I really do, Take time for yourself and Shane over the next few days and try to look after youself:(

I am severely peed off, I have been diagnosed with all the major sympthoms of pre eclampsia (except for high bp) so am on bed rest. I have to travel from Clare to Dublin in the morning to be close to my hospital because they may want to keep me in or induce labour. I am teed off as I thought I was doing great not at all noticing the swelling in my legs but did notice they got tired quicker and when I told the MIL today she was only concerned with herself and told me to get out of her house she couldnt put up with the stress of it.

Thought nothing of it til packing my bag a min ago, then it hit me, I have been getting calls all day about am ok, do I need anything because of leaving in the morning and whatnot, and i realised something, not once all day did the babys grandmother ask what effects does my codition have on the baby? She never asks once will the baby be ok? I am like a demon, I made the buggy (assembled the different car seat parts etc) and her only concern was her wooden floor, not the fact that I should be sitting with my feet up and not sitting on the floor assembling a buggy!

I cant wait to be back in Dub in the afternoon tomorrow with my OH who actually will give a rats ass about me! Domino's pizza, movies and cuddles are exactly whaat I need at the moment. ( first prolonged period away from him since I started showing so I am dying to be back with him)

I am so sorry girls... just had to share this. Addison was five weeks old on Friday and this is what she looks like now (after bath time!!)...

• Advertisement

That's kind of surreal. She's so perfect she looks like a childs doll with nice long legs. Very very pretty ( and slightly perturbed!) :)

Less than 3 weeks til I have my own little doll. So you have to bath them right and you can't just hose them down :D

Advertisement