Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Quackles wrote: »
    Did they get back to you to say they'd received your application or that it had been approved? I did get a timely response when I first sent it away saying that they'd gotten it, but nothing else til after my leave started.

That I'd been approved :o They told me how much I'd be getting and everything on the phone :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Hey Grawns, hope you are looking forward to tomorrow. Hope it goes well for you:)

Let us know how you get on when you have a chance:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

are there any other first timers here that are starting to freak out? :o 24 weeks, so much longer to go and awkwardness to come, baby's got to come out some how, and then when he/she does, what the hell are you supposed to do with it :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Am in total agreement especially as she'll be here tommorow! :eek:

Grawns wrote: »
    I'll be thinking of you, was told that there is something stopping the baby's head engaging so if on my appointment on monday the head still isnt engaged (39.5 weeks) then its snip snip for me too!

• Advertisement

Grawns wrote: »

omg grawns!!! I don't believe it! :eek: haahaa when I first started comin in here you were only half way through, now look at you!!!:D

are there any other first timers here that are starting to freak out? :o 24 weeks, so much longer to go and awkwardness to come, baby's got to come out some how, and then when he/she does, what the hell are you supposed to do with it :eek: :D

Thats when I started to freak out too... I was like "omg I can't do this, what am I thinking, I'll never be able to look after a baby... Jesus Christ, I'm having a baby!!!!"

You'll be fine, I was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 peckamsprings

Elen wrote: »
    I thought I would open this topic as there are a few of us preggers here!
    Also, the broody ones can join us :D

Just joined. how pregnant are you? i loved being pregnant. Am broody again but am single now so it dosn't look likely. I have 2 beautiful children and now have my life back (kind of), they are 7 and 4, but the biological clock has started ticking. Especially since my sister had a beautiful baby boy on 6th dec. I spent the entire night of new years eve babysitting and i didnt get to sleep at all but it didnt put me off. ANyone know any potential husband material?????

Just joined. how pregnant are you? i loved being pregnant. Am broody again but am single now so it dosn't look likely. I have 2 beautiful children and now have my life back (kind of), they are 7 and 4, but the biological clock has started ticking. Especially since my sister had a beautiful baby boy on 6th dec. I spent the entire night of new years eve babysitting and i didnt get to sleep at all but it didnt put me off. ANyone know any potential husband material?????

Since that post was back in 2007 I doubt she's pregnant anymore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

ANyone know any potential husband material?????

This is not a dating site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Hi all, Im not pregnant but someone I know is. What I want to know is, what kind of mood swings and outburst should you kind of just accept off someone thats pregnant and what to pull someone up over? How bad are the hormones honestly?

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Hi all, Im not pregnant but someone I know is. What I want to know is, what kind of mood swings and outburst should you kind of just accept off someone thats pregnant and what to pull someone up over? How bad are the hormones honestly?

I didn't think the hormones were that bad... I used to get upset if the cupboards didn't have what I wanted lol, just expected the food I wanted to magically appear!!

You don't have to accept anything, if you think the person is just being a total bitch, pull them up on it.

I never found my hormones were a problem, if anything my OH says I am better now than I was before! Cheeky buggar! :D

What I hate is when I have an argument with someone(doesnt happen often but on the one or 2 occasions I have) They blame "the hormones", all I can think is stop blaming my pregnancy for you being a pain! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Lol, so its just general moodiness then? Hrm, me thinks someone is using the fact that theyre preggers to be a total b!tch. Im mad as hell but a part of me was thinking that maybe I was being unreasonalble to expect them to act like a civil human being. :p

Imagine a magic cupboard, you just close it and open it and 'pop' cake 'pop' crisps..that would be so cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Popel

I was fairly badly moody for the first two months or so, it´s calmed down to relatively normal levels by now though. But when i was hormonally bitchy, i was quite aware that it wasn´t a fair mood and always apologised after saying whatever crappy thing i´d said. Then i´d say another crappy thing, but apologise again and then i´d occasionally have to suggest that i just go off by myself for a while. You tend to notice after you say something whether or not you actually meant it to come out that way, so if i was genuinely angry or annoyed i´d make sure to point that out too :)

BUT the reason i popped on here was as a plea for help. Well, not really, but definitely as a method of busying my hands and brain against the all-controlling urge i have to rearrange furniture!!!In the last half an hour i´ve completely emptied out a sideboard cabinet and distributed what was there around the apartment into new homes. (and it really doesnt actually look any better now) Then i went measuring the space under the bathroom sink, wheeled a narrow chest of drawers in (after emptying its contents into another chest of drawers), but it doesnt fit there. I wheeled it back into the kitchen, and spent about ten minutes figuring out what other furniture i could move around to fit it in the kitcen. And then i left it in the middle of the room, came on here, and i hope that when my boyfriend comes home he´ll do something reasonable with it, cos i just can´t trust myself.

I also narrowly resisted running down to the shop and buying a small pot of paint and attacking the small bathroom with it. But i do still plan on doing that some day soon, just not when i´ve to go to work in an hour and a half.

I´m only 22weeks pregnant. I wonder what my house will look like in four months time. Was anyone else like this?

Popel wrote: »
    BUT the reason i popped on here was as a plea for help. Well, not really, but definitely as a method of busying my hands and brain against the all-controlling urge i have to rearrange furniture!!!In the last half an hour i´ve completely emptied out a sideboard cabinet and distributed what was there around the apartment into new homes. (and it really doesnt actually look any better now) Then i went measuring the space under the bathroom sink, wheeled a narrow chest of drawers in (after emptying its contents into another chest of drawers), but it doesnt fit there. I wheeled it back into the kitchen, and spent about ten minutes figuring out what other furniture i could move around to fit it in the kitcen. And then i left it in the middle of the room, came on here, and i hope that when my boyfriend comes home he´ll do something reasonable with it, cos i just can´t trust myself.

I also narrowly resisted running down to the shop and buying a small pot of paint and attacking the small bathroom with it. But i do still plan on doing that some day soon, just not when i´ve to go to work in an hour and a half.

I´m only 22weeks pregnant. I wonder what my house will look like in four months time. Was anyone else like this?

Completely normal, I am 39 weeks pregnant and have been cleaning anything I have been coming across for a few months, I moved into an apartment and spent a weeks scrubbing the place, I still look at every imperfection wanting to sort them out, only my OH is as good as keeping me under 24hr watch to insure I dont go on another cleaning rampage, I went to the shop the other day and came home with about €30 of bleach and other on sale cleaning products, I even bought a dust pan and brush, which I dont use because I prefere to hoover:D Madness.

Sure as long as your boyfriend doesnt need anything in a hurry he'll be fine, everyday he comes home will be a guessing game for him, and sure lets face it, men are like animals, they need constant entertainment:) only joking btw

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    What I hate is when I have an argument with someone(doesnt happen often but on the one or 2 occasions I have) They blame "the hormones", all I can think is stop blaming my pregnancy for you being a pain! :)

omg I am getting soooooo sick of that too!!! :eek:

I don't think I'm all that moody, I know women who freak at the slightest thing and blame it on the pregnancy, but I don't believe that.

Thanks for the reassurance Adrienne btw :D

omg I am getting soooooo sick of that too!!! :eek:

I don't think I'm all that moody, I know women who freak at the slightest thing and blame it on the pregnancy, but I don't believe that.

Thanks for the reassurance Adrienne btw :D

No bother, I'm here to help :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Am I the only one who doesn't nest? :) I washed the baby clothes, that is all. And set up a new web page, which should count!!

I didn't nest either Quackles... in fact I was so lazy I didn't pack for the hospital untill two days before I went into labour... my boyfriend had to force me to do it!!

• Advertisement

what do you mean wash baby's clothes? Do you have to wash them before yo use them? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

If people start that with me I swear to God I'll show them hormonal :)

I have to say I absolutely hate the "your life is over" line of conversation too. I was emailing my best friend yesterday about another friend of ours who just announced he's getting married in Thailand next Feb. I said my bf wasn't too sure about going but I defo wanted to go and she replied with "Oh ya, with a screaming baby in tow". ARGH!!! Ever hear of good grandparents???

I have to say I absolutely hate the "your life is over" line of conversation too. I was emailing my best friend yesterday about another friend of ours who just announced he's getting married in Thailand next Feb. I said my bf wasn't too sure about going but I defo wanted to go and she replied with "Oh ya, with a screaming baby in tow". ARGH!!! Ever hear of good grandparents???

Yes I wanted to go to a wedding and the Bernard Dunne fight, both in March, baby is due this coming Thursday! But everyone was like "Oh my god you cant!" I am not too heartbroken about not going to either of them, but people were in absolutely appalled that my OH and I bought tickets to Oasis in Slane for June! I am sorry but my dad and his wife are more than willing to take baby for the weekend, its their grandchild. And people are saying you wont be able to leave it for 2 days, I trust my dad and his wife to look after my baby and every parent is able to have some life!

I turn 22 on Sunday, I dont drink or smoke and I hate going to pubs, so I think I will treat myself to Oasis, my 1st ever concert in June:)! My life is not going to be over, I am going back to college after my year break next January and I am going to see my friends and relax for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Templeton, you don't 'have' to wash them, I just took a notion that the softner would make them all nice and snuggly.

And ladies, your lives may not be over, but it is so, so different. You can't just pick up and go somewhere, even to the shops. Everything gets that much more difficult to do, half the time you just don't bother. I gotta say, it's far worse with two, though! That said, I'm going to Germany in April ;)

oooh that's good thinking though Quackles....I got my first few bits and pieces yesterday and the blanket does feel a bit rough alright.

Enjoy Germany!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Popel

If it´s Berlin you´re going to, you can visit me if you like. I´ll be quite heavily pregnant at that stage :)

Quackles wrote: »
    And ladies, your lives may not be over, but it is so, so different. You can't just pick up and go somewhere, even to the shops. Everything gets that much more difficult to do, half the time you just don't bother. I gotta say, it's far worse with two, though! That said, I'm going to Germany in April ;)

Enjoy!:)
    Yes I know even going to get milk is going to be very different with having to bring 101 things with me, but no doubt an overnight stay with grandad and uncle Aaron (my 12year old brother who is so excited about his first niece/nephew) won't do anyone any harm! I also have to go away for a weekend back to where I used live, thankfully it is a child friendly hotel and myself and my OH are looking forward to our first family weekend!

Quackles, I know things will be different, as my friend said to me, your life will change but it won't be over. I just hate the attitude that you'll never be able to go anywhere or do anything again.

wolfpawnat, I think I'm kind of similar to you. I'm 25 and the grandparents to be have offered to babysit for weekends etc whenever we need them. My parents live ten minutes away and this is the first grandchild. My 17 year old sister, who's going to be god mother babysits for neighbours kids every weekend to get a bit of money and like you my 12 year brother is hyper about becoming an uncle. I know they'll all pitch in. As a couple we wouldn't go out to the pub much on our own. If we were having a few drinks it'd normally be at home. So if either if us wants to go out with friends the other one will be there to mind the baby.
    I'm planning on going no holidays for at least a week while on maternity leave. I think myself and my bf will need a break and my parents have offered to babysit.
    My bf's parents are useless when it comes to babysitting. He has a 5 year old niece and a 2 year old nephew and his brother and his wife haven't been abroad together since they were born because his mom says she can't cope with them and his sister in laws parents live in a different county. So all I'm getting from his crowd is "oh you'll never be able to go anywhere again". I'm sick of it already and there's another 6 months to go!

goawayouttadat, yes we seem very similar, I too have a sister(18) but she wil have minimal to do with the baby (I dont get on with my mother and sis) and yes, if you read some of my other posts you will see my OH's mother is the most difficult woman on the planet! She wanted to have a mass said in the house in case the baby was concieved there!!!! :rolleyes:

I hate going out on weekend nights, far far too messy! My 2 best friends and I love staying in and watching movies while gorging on Ben and Jerry's ice-cream so we have decided those nights can live on, we might have to pause the movie every so often to heat a bottle or change a nappy but other than that those nights will not be ruined.

Life dramatically changes, as does finances! Thankfully I am lucky in that I love Pennys clothes:D But there is need here and there for time for yourself too. I am sure every mother to come onto this forum has needed a few days here and there to herself. I just can't wait for the weekend to Dingle! Me, my OH and baby, staying in the hotel where I had to run around tending to the needs of families for a year, haha irony:D:D:D

• Advertisement

goawayouttadat, yes we seem very similar, I too have a sister(18) but she wil have minimal to do with the baby (I dont get on with my mother and sis) and yes, if you read some of my other posts you will see my OH's mother is the most difficult woman on the planet! She wanted to have a mass said in the house in case the baby was concieved there!!!! :rolleyes:

I hate going out on weekend nights, far far too messy! My 2 best friends and I love staying in and watching movies while gorging on Ben and Jerry's ice-cream so we have decided those nights can live on, we might have to pause the movie every so often to heat a bottle or change a nappy but other than that those nights will not be ruined.

Life dramatically changes, as does finances! Thankfully I am lucky in that I love Pennys clothes:D But there is need here and there for time for yourself too. I am sure every mother to come onto this forum has needed a few days here and there to herself. I just can't wait for the weekend to Dingle! Me, my OH and baby, staying in the hotel where I had to run around tending to the needs of families for a year, haha irony:D:D:D

You're joking!! Bloody hell! Thankfully I actually get on with my OH's mom but she's useless when it comes to doing things for you. She told his sister in law that she couldn't mind their first baby one day a week because she had to have his 25 year olds brother ready when he got home in the evening. I won't be drawing her on me. I'll rely on my own crowd. I'm lucky that they're so close!

I haven't really thought about the financial part, besides the child minding, I know that's gonna be a big bulk of the expense. Myself and the OH have good jobs though and haven't been hit by the recession so we're ok that way at the moment.

You will have a great time in Dingle. I might organise something like that myself before the end of the year.

Advertisement