Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Oh it was the Rotunda I was in!

I'm not breast feeding unfortunately, because I was asleep when baby was born daddy decided to give her a bottle :p not his fault, but because I was so tired I just carried on with bottle feeding. Decided on day two that I wanted to bf but Addie wouldn't latch on :( so it's bottle fed. She was getting sick a lot after feeds the first couple of days, but has gotten over that thank god!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mlelsc

Hi still not too late to start breast feeding and you can also continue to use bottle feeds till baby gets the hang of latching on!
    My 3rd baby wouldn't latch on for over 4 days and nurses in Mt Carmel were telling me that I would have to bottle feed...however I ignored them even though at this stage my boobs were bigger than Diana Dors!!!!!
    You can bottle feed still too, whilst trying to get Addi to breast feed. It will only take her a few days to get used to this and in the meantime you can use a breast pump to express milk.....even thoigh you may think that your milk has dried up believe me it hasn't!......a breast pump will trigger it off again but don't use it too much as you don't want to end up getting mastitis! I breast fed my twins but as I didn't have a lot of milk for them I also bottle fed them too after a breastfeed to top them up.
    Give it consideration if you are not too tired and sore...even feeding for a few weeks gives baby such a boost!
    Good luck if you do decide to try.
    mlelsc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

congratulations adrieanne!
    I am delighted for you!!!

She is just perfect! Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratulations :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Congrats Adrienne she's gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

she's gorgeous and I love her and would do anything for the little witch lol.

pmsl :D

Congratulations Adrieanne to you and your boyfriend. Baby Addison is beautiful xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Well done you!!! She's gorgeous! Take it easy now and just enjoy your babymoon when you get home. Forget the housework and let the visitors make the tea (and bring casseroles!). Congrats to you both!:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Baby almost 7weeks now, get scan on Friday to confirm heartbeat which is a bit of a worry. Getting really bad morning sickness and I think that I am a bit moody. Have a high risk pregnancy due to diabetes etc so is a bit of a worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Good luck CathyMoran,
    Horrible though it is morning sickness is a sign that all the right hormones are doing their thing. And being high risk means that you'll get lots of exta checks and scans which will be very reassuring.
    Keep us posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Baby almost 7weeks now, get scan on Friday to confirm heartbeat which is a bit of a worry. Getting really bad morning sickness and I think that I am a bit moody. Have a high risk pregnancy due to diabetes etc so is a bit of a worry.

Yup, rotten as it is, they say the morning sickness is a good sign that all is progressing well! And at least you can see you're moody, I just got upset because everyone else was picking at me ;) The insensitive gits!! Is it type 1 or 2 diabetes you have? I'd say it's a major cause of worry, alright, I've gestational diabetes and I'm freaked out enough over that!! Fingers crossed all will be beating away nicely for you on Friday, be sure to let us know!

• Advertisement

I have type 1, I also am a 22 month cancer survivor, have an underactive thyroid and unactive sarcidosis! The hubby is brillaint though!

I have type 1, I also am a 22 month cancer survivor, have an underactive thyroid and unactive sarcidosis! The hubby is brillaint though!

Jaysus, that's enough worry to be getting along with, alright.. without even adding pregnancy to the mix!! Having the right support person in your husband will make all the difference.. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Jaypers! You brave girl. Best of luck with scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Good luck with the scan Cathy. Fair dues to you, you've alot going on! Dont worry about the moodiness. Right at the beginning of my pregnancy I ended up in bed for the day over an advert for a donkey sanctuary (bawling my heart out for the poor little donkies!) It passed! Strangely I've never seen that advert since....:D

This is Holly
    Born 7lbs 15 on the 17th at 6 ish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Congratulations. She's beautiful.

Getting paranoid about everything now - the latest thing is that we did a conception indicator and it was less far on than we actually are...will be glad when the scan is on Friday. We really want this baby so am getting scared about everything. Sorry, just needed to rant.

Edit: I should state that the last scan showed that we were pregnant in the correct place, just that it was too young to show anything else.

does that mean you are further along than you thought you were??

happy anniversary btw...

coolsmileygirl, she's gorgeous :) my aunt is naming her baby Holly too :)

Thanks for the anniversary wishes - we went out for lunch and I got sick! Was more embarrased than anything else. We are almost certain about the conception date as we were trying - the test shows that I am only 5 weeks gone but I know that I am 7 weeks. Sure, we will find out on Friday. Is not an ectopic as there is a pregnancy in the right place and I am deffinitly producing pregnancy hormones, not to mention the bigger chest etc! Sorry for ranting again - feeling pukey all afternoon!

That can happen, baby can measure up to two weeks behind even though you are sure of your dates! You should look on rollercoaster.ie it's a good site with lots of info!!

When I was eight weeks pregnant we went for lunch with his cousin... I threw up all over the place... they copped on pretty quick :p

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. At the moment am paranoid about everything and looking it up on the net - it seems that everything I do and eat seems to be baby unkind! Due to other medical conditions I find it really hard to eat enough and actually lost weight over Christmas even though I thought that I was eating more, though it might have been the MIL's cooking (only joking, she is really nice)...sorry that I am ranting so much today, I just want this scan to be OK. At least the hubby will be there for this one. Although this baby was planned we did not expect to concieve immediatly - I still can not believe that we are pregnant (I consider it as much his as mine). Thanks for listening.

Thanks for that. At the moment am paranoid about everything and looking it up on the net - it seems that everything I do and eat seems to be baby unkind! Due to other medical conditions I find it really hard to eat enough and actually lost weight over Christmas even though I thought that I was eating more, though it might have been the MIL's cooking (only joking, she is really nice)...sorry that I am ranting so much today, I just want this scan to be OK. At least the hubby will be there for this one. Although this baby was planned we did not expect to concieve immediatly - I still can not believe that we are pregnant (I consider it as much his as mine). Thanks for listening.

You've earned the right to have a bit of a paranoia attack, I think :) I was really nervous this time around but so far, so good! Also, it's quite common to lose weight in the beginning, even without your dietary considerations - I lost 12lb in the beginning, I'm only now back to the weight I was before getting pregnant. Try not to worry, hopefully Friday will settle down at least some of your nerves!

I could never say we are pregnant. Sure, we're having a baby, but he's not getting sick, fat and uncomfortable :) That honour is all mine!

I am very proud to say that after having my baby I am at my slimmest ever!! I'm even slimmer now than before I got pregnant... I suffered really bad morning sickness at the start and lost a lot of weight even throughout the pregnancy... that coupled with a very small 6lb baby and no baby belly was a good combination!

I'm underweight to begin with though which does not help! I have no oesophagus and my stomach is stretched up with the valves removed so I have limited stomach capacity. I try and eat more often but it feels like I am constantly eating! I only lost 2 lb but that is my lowest weight in a year. I was bold and ate something on the limited list for diabetics but my blood sugars are fine! You just seem to be getting advice from everywhere, a lot of it conflicting!

I am very proud to say that after having my baby I am at my slimmest ever!! I'm even slimmer now than before I got pregnant... I suffered really bad morning sickness at the start and lost a lot of weight even throughout the pregnancy... that coupled with a very small 6lb baby and no baby belly was a good combination!

Aw man :) I always told myself that was impossible.. You didn't even get the jelly belly?? I'm the same weight now as I was when I got pregnant, so I'll be lighter when I give birth, but still far from my slimmest ever!! Unless this baby and all it's paraphernalia weigh about 3 stone, that is..

I've got a little bit of a jelly belly... but I always kinda did... ah well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I shouldnt be saying anything as we just found out (and anything can happen, we are not expecting to be lucky this time) - we are pregnant! We were only trying for a month so it is totally unexpected!
    That is fantastic news, CathyMoran! I hope all goes well for you. Congratulations to you and smaccarrick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 roccoinvades

Hi, I have been asked to be Godfather for my cousins newly born twins from Atlanta, Georgia, USA. They were born on the 9th of December 2008. One boy and one girl. Their Mother is originally from Limerick. I am flying over for the christening in February and I thought an Irish set of twin Pen Pals would be a cool gift. Their family use E-mail, Skype and so on regurlarly to contact us here in Galway. It would be great for them to see each other grow up on either side of the Atlantic, maybe the occasional visit. If you have twins around this age or know of anyone that might be interested. Please get back to me.
    Thanks.

This may be my last post in here for a while - am almost certain that we lost the baby (as my hcg levels refuse to rise in those pregnancy predictor tests) but will be getting it confirmed by the docs this morning. I wish everyone else a happy pregnancy.

• Advertisement

This may be my last post in here for a while - am almost certain that we lost the baby (as my hcg levels refuse to rise in those pregnancy predictor tests) but will be getting it confirmed by the docs this morning. I wish everyone else a happy pregnancy.

I really hope it's just the tests acting screwy.. I am not familiar with them, but if they're anything like the home ovulation tests, maybe they're not 100% accurate? Good luck with the doctor, hopefully the news will be good!

Advertisement