Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Grawns, I say that too!

He wants some Strawberry PopTarts is my favourite one at the moment.

My boyfriend is going mental "stop trying to say the baby wants it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Cant believe I never thought of that!!!!

And on my 3rd pregnancy and all....

Going down to tell the Oh that baby wants some waffles with maple syrup and vanilla ice cream:pac::pac::pac:

And we all think we are having boys!!!

Quality, I would have thought you would have had that "baby wants..." thing down to a fine art by now!

It's weird... bet we're all having girls now... after thinkin we're havin boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JoSoap

Hi,
    I don't know if I'm on the right thread as I'm new to the system, but I was wondering if any of you experienced mums-to-be out there have any words of advice?
    I'm 37 and just over 4 weeks into my first pregnancy. Two days ago I noticed a slight trace of spotting and over the last few days I am also feeling sensations inside my body, a bit like what happens when I'm in the middle of a normal period.
    :eek:
    I know that severe abdominal cramping isn't a good sign, but it's more like a bloating or moving sensation. My GP said that the odd bit of spotting without severe cramps probably isn't anything to worry about, but I'd be so relieved to hear from somebody who experienced something similar, but whose pregnancy is going very well.
    Thanks ladies!

Hey Jo,

Some people do spot in pregnancy, its called implantation bleeding....when the egg is implanting in the womb....., but if you are worried about it, I would suggest ringing your hospital and for you to talk to a midwife. they really are the best people to talk to.. Ask for the early pregnancy unit.

I hope everything is ok for you.. Make sure you get plenty of rest and take it easy.. And best of luck.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Shivf

Hi everyone, I'm new here and thought I'd join in with yous. I'm due my 2nd baby on 20 Oct, my son is 7, so a big age gap. Can't wait tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lu28

Hi girls, I'm new to the site and posted this in the other section but this seemed to be a bit busier!

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?

I'm just over 6 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing morning sickness, tiredness, breathlessness etc for the last couple of weeks. All of those symptoms have disappeared over the weekend.

I have also be testing regularly and my test this morning was lighter than in the middle of last week - I have been taking the tests at the same time and using the same brands.

I know symptoms can come and go during pregnancy but I am worried about the test this morning and the possibility of a missed miscarriage - where the baby stops developing but you don't get the usual cramps and bleeding.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JoSoap

Hi Lu,
    I had an unsuccessful pregnancy last year. Having discovered some spotting, I was sent for an early scan. The foetus was about 7 weeks old, i.e. I was in my ninth week of pregnancy. The scan showed that the foetus was very small for its gestational age. A second scan one week later showed that the heart beat had ceased. I never bled or had any abdominal cramps, and had to go in for a D and C a few days later.
    However, I had none of the "normal" pregnancy symptoms that you describe - morning sickness, etc. Those early symptoms are a really good sign that the foetus is developing normally, even if they wax and wane. My total lack of pregnancy "symptoms" was probably a warning sign, and your pregnancy sounds normal, and totally different to mine.
    You can have a private scan from the time the foetus is 5 weeks old (i.e. seventh week of pregnancy). Costs about 180 euros but well worth it for the peace of mind.
    Thinking of you and hope everything goes well,
    Jo

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Glittergirl

Hi all
    I'm only 5/6 weeks pregnant at this stage but was wondering when did you all experience morning sickness??

Cheers

Glit

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Glittergirl

Hi Lu28
    I was pregnant last year and had a m/c at 9 weeks. I had been experiencing mild cramps the whole way through and never experienced morning sickness etc. Having morning sickness and all those other issues are a good sign. It's funny how these are uncomfortable experiences and when they stop ... we get worried?

I also bled quite heavily.

Everyone is different so I would go and see your Dr. and get some proper advice is you are worried about it.

Take care and best of luck!!

Glit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Alyama

Hey everyone!

Congrats to all the expectant mums first of all, isnt it an exciting time?

I'm 16 weeks gone and SO nervous and excited...just been reading a few posts here and I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, I never experienced morning sickness.

Anyway, I was in hospital at 9 weeks with a ruptured cyst - wasnt all that nice - but thank god all seems to be well now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Hi Alyama

Congratulations. Am 24 weeks and not a bother so far. Not sure what a rupture cyst is but it sounds nasty. Glad you are doing well. What hosp are you going to? I'm with the rotunda.

Grawns :)

Hi Grawns,

I'm going to the CUMH in Cork, its the nearest one to us (and I guess the only one from all I've heard) :D

Well apparently every pregnant woman has that corpus luteum cyst but if it ruptures there is a risk that your ovary twists and you lose the ovary and the baby :eek: but its only important the first 3 months of pregnancy so thank god that time is over!

How are you feeling at 24 weeks? And did you get any more scans, apart from the normal 12 or 20 week scan?

I was talking to my GP the other day and he advised we only get 1 scan, that was done at 12 weeks and thats it!! Were getting a private one now in December to find out the sex of the little one!

I had loads of scans but I paid for them privately. At the hosp I only had the booking in scan (I was 17 weeks) on a portable machine in the docs office on my request and the official 20 week anomaly scan. She had her head in an awkward position at that so I will be getting another anomaly scan just for her head at 28 weeks at my next appointment.

I think it's shocking that they are only offering you a 12 week scan, the 20 week scan is the importent one as they can tell if there are any problems some of which can be dealt with in the womb. CUMH might offer these privately so I'd investigate if I were you.
    As for your cyst, ouch! I know I have a fibroid that has been pointed out to me a few times during scans but I don't think it is a problem. Must ask my gp though.

Other than feeling insane sometimes ( mostly after the fact) i'm finding pregnancy a breeze. I've never gone more than a couple of days without some form of alcohol in millions of years but I'm not missing it. Ask me again in 2 mths when I'm walking like a hippo :) Exciting times ahead!

You expect to be walking like a hippo in 2 months time? I already feel like a hippo now and i'm only 16 weeks gone!! its just a bit weird if i cant reach the phone without getting up cause my belly keeps me a healthy distance away from my desk :D apart from that i have to admit i love being pregnant but am also looking forward to the baby being here.

thank god i didnt drink or smoke before i got pregnant so not much of a change. even though i'm craving red bull and coke since i'm not allowed anymore!

i think its not right that were not getting another scan. theyre supposed to make sure the cyst is gone and all but they dont care. i'm glad i was on a trip to germany at the time it happened so at least they looked after it and made sure all is ok!! i think they dont want to do much cause i'm very young (22) and they seem to believe all is going well if youre just young enough. we'll get a private scan anyway, 3D and that'll show if all is ok and if not they'll send us back to the hospital.

isnt it amazing how many things one can worry about at the same time?! oh before i forget: as long as it doesnt cause you any pain the fibroid shouldnt be a problem as far as i know. but get more information out of them!

I don't think they'll check for things like that at the 3D scan, if you're that worried ask for another scan from the hospital, that's what I done and it's the only reason I got a scan at 31 weeks.

Girls, how the heck am I gonna bring a baby and a buggy up and down four flights of stairs? I think I need to move :( Again...

I don't think they'll check for things like that at the 3D scan, if you're that worried ask for another scan from the hospital, that's what I done and it's the only reason I got a scan at 31 weeks.

Girls, how the heck am I gonna bring a baby and a buggy up and down four flights of stairs? I think I need to move :( Again...

They're not gonna check but if they see something weird they'll let us know. The woman who does the scan is an ultrasound technicians so knows what to watch out for (we'll get it done in a medical centre).

I was thinking bout that stars thing actually...can you not leave the buggy in the car? Thats what I'm gonna do. Leave it in the boot!

I could leave it in the car but it's useful to have in the house cos my system has a carrycot that baby could sleep in during the day. thats pretty heavy in itself...

oh well... this place is a kip now anyway

I had a beautiful little baby boy on Monday afternoon at 12.22. 7lbs 13&1/2oz. Veery easy labour again. 12 minutes in labour ward!!:D

I have called him Glen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Congrats, hope you can put up some pictures soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

12 minutes you jammy wagon :P

Congrats :)

Glen.jpg

Here he is!!

Wohoo, congrats Quality, little Glen is gorgeous!!!

Cuteness and so handsome. That's so brilliant... Congratulations :)
    Begorrah, that's a fine head of hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ahhhh that's sweet Quality. It was a lovely gesture to name him after a dreamy boyband member you made love to twelve years ago.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56315747&postcount=18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

He looks beautiful.
    Congratulations.

Hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Pighead ya mad fecker! :D I don't know how you do it. One needs to be careful around these parts, with Pigheads nanosecond abilty to scan every post within every forum going back forever it seems!

Oh my god pighead... I just remembered that now!!!!:o:o

Mr Quality better not find out!!! I dont think he would be too impressed...:pac::pac:

The little man is doing great, thanks for all the well wishes..

Apart from the sleep deprivation, I feel great!!!

Glad it is all over.. I suppose the hard part is only starting now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Aaaah, he's gorgeous! And I love the name, regardless of its origins :) I love babies with hair :) Congratulations, you lucky article... 12 minutes...

Advertisement