Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭trevorku

Hi there has anybody got a photo of a scan for about the 25 weeks pregnant stage, our next scan is next week and the baby will be 26 weeks, and we are itching to see what a scan of the baby will look like. Also we plan to find out the babys sex. However thus far the hospital has been dodging the question in regards to the babies sex, has anyone has a similar experience in that they find it hard for the doctors to tell if its a boy of a girl, thanks. :)

If the baby is a boy we will call him Grzegorz(Greg) or if its a girl Natalia.

- Trevor (a.k.a. proud dad to be)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

trevorku wrote: »
    Hi there has anybody got a photo of a scan for about the 25 weeks pregnant stage, our next scan is next week and the baby will be 26 weeks, and we are itching to see what a scan of the baby will look like. Also we plan to find out the babys sex. However thus far the hospital has been dodging the question in regards to the babies sex, has anyone has a similar experience in that they find it hard for the doctors to tell if its a boy of a girl, thanks. :)

Hi Trevor,

Congratulations!! Its going to be an exciting time for you, Your baby will be quite big at 26 weeks so you will get to see lots of pictures of your baby, Rather than the whole body in one picture!! It will be great for you.

I am not sure about the sexing of the baby, I havent had this done myself! But I am sure it shouldnt be too hard to be done at 26 weeks. The reproductive organs should be well developed by then!!

Best of luck and the names are lovely.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

trevorku wrote: »

Sometimes they can't tell the sex of the baby because of the way the baby is lying or the cord may be in the way! So don't be disappointed if you can't find out! It'll just be a surprise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

My advise would be not to find out. We get few suprises in this life, so we may as well take the ones that wt can get.

We did ask at our scan, but the baby was turned around and so we couldn't find out. If its your first baby they'll be reluctant to tell you the sex anyway. If they do tell you they will say that its not a guarantee

Best of luck anyway, its a magical little visit and you can get to see that little person inside her belly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Hi all,
    hope all expectant mums & dads are keeping well.

Here's my little darling Caoimhe, born 21st Feb this year:

HPIM3363.jpg

She's the most beautiful little girl in the world. I am of course biased !!

• Advertisement

Ahh Tinofapples, she is gorgeous, A perfect little princess, with a lovely glint in her eye.

Congrats, How are you finding motherhood?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Quality,
    I'm finding fatherhood a breeze !! Mammy might have something different to say though !! First few weeks were difficult enough but she's getting better every week that passes.

Quality,
    I'm finding fatherhood a breeze !! Mammy might have something different to say though !! First few weeks were difficult enough but she's getting better every week that passes.

Whoops, Always doing that.^^

Ah its a very rewarding job. The only thing in life worth doing.:)

Right time for an update from me...

I have an unmistakale bump at the moment.. It just grew out of nowhere in the last 3 weeks!!

Feeling great, Lots of energy... But very much in nesting mode.. I know it may seem early, but I am like Monica out of friends... The house is like a shiny pin.. It is becoming an obsession at the moment..

Feeling lots of movement from the baby.. Very active little one this time round..:) which is sooo reassuring.

Started to pick up a few things for the baby.. Bits for the hospital and the early days.

How are the rest of you girls doing?

I hate pregnancy hormones and the illnesses they give you! That is all!!

• Advertisement

I hate pregnancy hormones and the illnesses they give you! That is all!!

Oh noes, whats wrong?

The dreaded "T" word! Just twenty times worse than ever before! Was in hospital and all last week cos of it, can hardly walk!

On the bright side, SCAN TOMORROW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 chatty woman

Just a quick message to say congrats to everyone, just had mine it was FUN.:D

Congrats Chatty Woman, Hope everything went nice and smooth for you...

Ah Adrienne, Hope your ok.. Good luck with the scan tomorrow.. Post up another pic for us to see.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

The dreaded "T" word! Just twenty times worse than ever before! Was in hospital and all last week cos of it, can hardly walk!

On the bright side, SCAN TOMORROW!!!

Hi Adrienne_x
    hope you're feeling better. Pardon my ignorance but what is the T word?

Thrush! lol, clearing up now!

Had my booking appt with Rotunda today. Jesus that place does be packed. Really quick though was two hours from start to finish.

Although when I asked girl about sex of baby she wouldn't tell me... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

As far as i know there is a policy of not doing a scan to determine the sex of the baby. I don't know if that means when they're doing the usual scans they will refuse to tell you though, maybe she didn't know?

Did they agree with dates for you adrieanne... I had a visit today also.. I sat for two hours waiting and then I spent 5 minutes with the doctor... it must have been near his lunch time..

Just a quick message to say congrats to everyone, just had mine it was FUN.:D

Congrats and any chance of some more iinfo please. Fun sounds good!

374605238a8653995864l.jpg

Here's my baby at 19 weeks. Haven't had the scanner in ages so couldn't put it up!!

• Advertisement

Ahh thats lovely adrienne, lovely clear picture!!!

How are you feeling?

Are you getting lots of movement?

Loads of movement, so much so that sleeping is becoming a problem! Oh well, practice!!!

I'm feeling great, just waitin to look pregnant if ya know what I mean!

Oh lovely, what a cutie? Are you trying to guess the sex from the pic? I swear I can see a little winkie in my 12 week pic. But that's very unlikely.

lol there'd be no point Grawns, I can't even see the poor things legs!

I have my 3d scan the end of this month, so hopefully am going to find out then!

I didnt look pregnant for ages and then one morning I got up for work and my bump had arrived!! think I was about 24 weeks..

Grawns are you going to find out the sex.

I amn't, I have a feeling it is going to be a boy though...

yeah, I hate surprises. Going to find out as soon as I can ( if possible!). Sometimes I think it's a boy and sometimes a girl. I've always wanted a girl but now I kind of want a boy ( must be love)

I keep calling mine a he...

My boyfriend always says "he or she".

He keeps sayin "how do you know it's a boy" and I'm like "I don't... just a habit"

I say the baby or it wants chocolate:)

I say the baby or it wants chocolate:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I say he ,he says she:)
    I think I am convinced it is a boy cause I always wanted a boy first:)
    Once it it a healthy baby that is all I actually care about though:)

I can't wait to have scan pictures too!! 8 more days..

Advertisement