Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Laptops Deals Thread [*Updated Daily*]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Gonna get a vestro but i'm wondering
    Would people reckon it be worth waiting for the update on offers comming on Friday?

Also anyone heard about the 12" vestro which is ment to be on the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Is there any codes for non vostro laptops which then qualify for the epp or do they still work out dearer than vostros?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Once again, let me repeat for those that didn't read the thread before posting.
    The Employee Purchase Program (EPP) discount does not apply to systems in the business catagory like the Vostro notebooks and desktops. It only applies to home systems, ie Inspiron desktops and notebooks.

If you visit the EPP site (www.dell.ie/epp) instead of the normal Dell site, the discount (if any) is already applied to the prices shown before you even get to the basket. You will not see any reference to the discount in your basket and you do not have to ring Dell to get the EPP discount.

So why does the EPP discount get applied on the UK site when buying a Vostro?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Rafloution wrote: »
    So why does the EPP discount get applied on the UK site when buying a Vostro?

Ask Dell but thats the way it is on the .ie site.

thats a bummer tho the 470 euro isn't bad, never mind the 600. Must ask a question, is d 3 year warranty worth it as I do know a few lads whose screens gave up etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 green rover

deckie27 wrote: »
    Gonna get a vestro but i'm wondering
    Would people reckon it be worth waiting for the update on offers comming on Friday?

Also anyone heard about the 12" vestro which is ment to be on the way?

is this true, anyone know of ant details? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Once again, let me repeat for those that didn't read the thread before posting.
    The Employee Purchase Program (EPP) discount does not apply to systems in the business catagory like the Vostro notebooks and desktops. It only applies to home systems, ie Inspiron desktops and notebooks.

Really, I (and a few others) got DELL Vostro 200MT's on the EPP scheme...

DId you get them through the website or did you have to phone up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I'm interested in that 12" vostro too. Anybody heard anything? Would be much handier for transporting about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

TheDriver wrote: »
    thats a bummer tho the 470 euro isn't bad, never mind the 600. Must ask a question, is d 3 year warranty worth it as I do know a few lads whose screens gave up etc?

If you buy ANYTHING disregarding any guarantees or warranties and it fails within what YOU believe to be the items true life, not sue to your own fault, you are entitled to a repair or replacement.

Paying for a warranty is a numpty thing to do.

• Advertisement

Really, I (and a few others) got DELL Vostro 200MT's on the EPP scheme...

Correct. You can buy them through the EPP site but the EPP discount is not applied to the price. The price is the same as on the normal Dell site.
    This is the same Vostro machine on both sites and the price is the same.

EPP site:
    http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?cs=ieepp1&kc=999&oc=D10V41A&x=8&y=9
    The normal Dell site:
    http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?cs=iedhs1&kc=999&oc=D10V41A&x=2&y=7

Having said all that, they're getting very stingy with the EPP discount lately. Most of their home systems don't qualify for it either.

BASE AMD® Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL60 edit
    OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium - English edit
    HARDWARE SUPPORT 3 Year Consumer Hardware Support inc. Evenings and Saturdays edit
    LCD 15.4" Wide Screen WXGA (1280 x 800) Display with TrueLife™ edit
    MEMORY 2048MB 533MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024] edit
    HARD DRIVE 160GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive edit
    GRAPHICS CARD 256MB ATI ® Radeon® Xpress 1150 HyperMemory™ edit
    OPTICAL DRIVE Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including Software - Vista edit
    PRIMARY BATTERY 6 cell Lithium-Ion Battery (53 Whr) edit
    CARRY CASES Free Nylon Carry Case edit
    ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE SUPPORT No Accidental Damage Support edit
    WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY Dell™ Wireless 1390 802.11b/g Mini-PCI Card (for AMD Processors) edit
    SECURITY SOFTWARE No Security/Anti-Virus Protection - English edit
    MICROSOFT SOFTWARE Microsoft® Works 8.0 - English

only 697, not bad for the stuff you get with it. The 3 year warranty is only 88 euro all the same and 2gb ram with TL60 turion and vista premium and free laptop bag.
    Anyone have vostro codes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

TheDriver wrote: »
    BASE AMD® Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL60 edit
    OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium - English edit
    HARDWARE SUPPORT 3 Year Consumer Hardware Support inc. Evenings and Saturdays edit
    LCD 15.4" Wide Screen WXGA (1280 x 800) Display with TrueLife™ edit
    MEMORY 2048MB 533MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024] edit
    HARD DRIVE 160GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive edit
    GRAPHICS CARD 256MB ATI ® Radeon® Xpress 1150 HyperMemory™ edit
    OPTICAL DRIVE Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including Software - Vista edit
    PRIMARY BATTERY 6 cell Lithium-Ion Battery (53 Whr) edit
    CARRY CASES Free Nylon Carry Case edit
    ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE SUPPORT No Accidental Damage Support edit
    WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY Dell™ Wireless 1390 802.11b/g Mini-PCI Card (for AMD Processors) edit
    SECURITY SOFTWARE No Security/Anti-Virus Protection - English edit
    MICROSOFT SOFTWARE Microsoft® Works 8.0 - English

only 697, not bad for the stuff you get with it. The 3 year warranty is only 88 euro all the same and 2gb ram with TL60 turion and vista premium and free laptop bag.
    Anyone have vostro codes

EPP Code for that above laptop?????

n1015017

anyone have any new codes or anything better value than the n1015017?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

anyone got any codes for the vostro 1500?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

fatal wrote: »
    anyone got any codes for the vostro 1500?
    http://www.dmxdimension.com/blogcategory/dell_vostro_deal_comparison.html

Get 5% discount off the Dell Vostro 1400, 1500 and 1700 by using the exclusive discount coupon code
    $5JS0PN10JL7FT at checkout! (Valid until November 2nd 2007)

the vostros are saucy enough to be honest compared to the inspirons onthis occasion, they seem to have 120euro off some of them coupled with epp makes them handy enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ib88

Are vostros wifi-enabled? I'm thinking of buying the Vostro 1400, was wondering what people's views on the vostros were?

ib88 wrote: »
    Are vostros wifi-enabled? I'm thinking of buying the Vostro 1400, was wondering what people's views on the vostros were?

The Vostro are a nice machine for the money. I've had no problems so far with the dozen or so I got and yes, they have wifi built in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ib88

Thanks kaizersoze

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

The Vestros all seem to come with Vista business, is there much difference between the business edition and say the Ultimate ?

Or more to the point how good is the Business edition ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

sunny2004 wrote: »
    The Vestros all seem to come with Vista business, is there much difference between the business edition and say the Ultimate ?

Or more to the point how good is the Business edition ?

Here's a list of all the versions of vista and what features they have. All it's missing is things like media centre and movie maker. Nothing too big and both things the vast majority of users will never use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Good link AC, thanks. Thinking of a Vostro, would it be good for home-use? Palying dvds etc as well as normal internet use. Are the speakers adequate?

Just concious of it being a 'business' laptop........

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Good link AC, thanks. Thinking of a Vostro, would it be good for home-use? Palying dvds etc as well as normal internet use. Are the speakers adequate?

Just concious of it being a 'business' laptop........

It's fine for home use. Anything you can do with an inspiron you can to with a vostro as long as they have the same spec (processor, graphics card etc). Trust me go for a vostro. You're wallet will thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

I have a new Latitude for work, nice laptop, but prefer to have one for the whole family at home. I'm just a little nervous that I can't SEE one in real life!

So, what are the best deals? Surely you experts can improve on this ;):
    http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?b=&c=ie&cs=iebsdt1&kc=N4X15002&l=en&oc=N1015002&rbc=N1015002&s=bsd

I'd have to again recommend n1015017 as its an extremely good offer unless you want a better graphics card.

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    I have a new Latitude for work, nice laptop, but prefer to have one for the whole family at home. I'm just a little nervous that I can't SEE one in real life!

So, what are the best deals? Surely you experts can improve on this ;):
    http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?b=&c=ie&cs=iebsdt1&kc=N4X15002&l=en&oc=N1015002&rbc=N1015002&s=bsd

For a simple laptop for home use go with the votro 1000. I recommend going for 2GBs of ram as vista is apparently slow with only 1GB. This is good. Drop the warranty to a 1 year and upgrade the battery to a 6 cell.

I've noticed that dell have uped the price a bit. I got one with a better processor and a 3 year warranty for my sister and it was only €711 including vat. You might be better to wait a while for better offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Here's a list of all the versions of vista and what features they have. All it's missing is things like media centre and movie maker. Nothing too big and both things the vast majority of users will never use.

cheers !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

That €470 one has gone up to €530. Does anyone know any similar spec laptop on the happier side of €500?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement