Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Laptops Deals Thread [*Updated Daily*]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

skywalker wrote: »
    Presume normal punters can order them ok? I just ask seeing as they are only under the business section of the site.

Yup, I'm pretty sure you can. You do have to input (a) Business name, but I dont think it really matters what is entered.

Anyone have experiences with deliveries from dell? Im wondering what a good date is, so I'll have it around Christmas time.

Any ideas? Would 1st of December be too late for the Christmas rush?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

skywalker wrote: »
    Dont get me wrong I didnt mean to put the vostros down at all. Was just wondering if I was thinking of the correct range. Ive had a wee look around, they look fine alright. Same specs as the other ranges for much cheaper. If theres a 12" model coming out, I may well go for one of them.

Presume normal punters can order them ok? I just ask seeing as they are only under the business section of the site.

Yep normal home users can order them without any hassle.

I haven't heard anything concrete about a 12" vostro (if anyone has anything info on it though please post a link up, I would love to hear about it). I wouldn't really get my hopes up about what could just be a rumour.

If you are looking for something smaller than a 14" than maybe you should try the xps m1330. If you are looking for small and light this is a very good choice. It has an led backlit screen which reduces weight, make it thinner and improves battery life. The led backlit screens are expensive but if you have the money then they are worth it. I seriously doubt they will be put in the vostro 12" range (if they are releasing this) as it'll increase the price by quite a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

does anyone know whether or not dell accept laser/maestro payments over the phone or on their website?i cant seem to find anything on their site about it

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

fatal wrote: »
    does anyone know whether or not dell accept laser/maestro payments over the phone or on their website?i cant seem to find anything on their site about it

No

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i ordered a lappy last night through epp website and never asked me for my company name, it did ask for a business name (if used for business) which I wrote n/a and still all went through and got an order confirmation etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Can anyone tell me the normal delivery time for dell?
    Mine changed to dispatched last Wednesday but i've heard nothing since and my order status page hasnt updated with an interlink tracking number yet. As i'm in dublin city center I presumed it would only be a couple of days.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

The Vostros 1500 with the GT card no longer seem to be a bargain...so....

N1152006

Tweak to suit.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54326227&postcount=9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I was at a Dell technology day a couple of wweeks ago. One of the Dell lads told me about the 12" vostro
    I rang dell last week and was told the 12" was due out in November and I would be best to wait a few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

Dell are wily aul' buggers alright. They pushed up the prices of the vostro 1000 by €30 and then claim to give a €50 discount.

Still saving €20 I suppose, How often do dell change their offers? Would it be once a week or once every 2 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The dell vostro 1400 i was looking at a few days ago is €100 ,more expensive today. Damn dell!

• Advertisement

Last offers were only a week long, sometimes few weeks long. Must say the website www.dmxdimension.com is a handy resource to get all the evalue codes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Anybody notice a user n***8 bumping up the price of the laptop/desktop on the dell ebay outlet store. They alway start bidding about 20 hours before the end either they are an idiot or something a bit more fishy is going on.

DingDong wrote: »
    Anybody notice a user n***8 bumping up the price of the laptop/desktop on the dell ebay outlet store. .

Yep :mad:

n***8 Bid activity (%) with this seller: 98%

I think it has to be a dell employee bumping up the price. But maybe I'm wrong and their just dumb.

was rumours on the xps thread that this buyer was selling them elsewhere after that!

Maybe they just don't know how to bid on ebay properly

TheDriver wrote: »
    was rumours on the xps thread that this buyer was selling them elsewhere after that!

Not rumors, check out his shop http://stores.ebay.ie/MADLapTOP

He is smart, protecting his market..

Checked his prices and he is earning 600-700 on each xps 710/720 compare to what he paid two weeks ago from dell outlet, if he gets the buy it now prices for them, smart guy.

But why start bidding so early

He is pumping up the prices so he can charge more on his stuff.

• Advertisement

Thats just plain dirty
    Thanks for the enlightenment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

is there any thing under 500 laptop wifi dvd rw 1gb ram for november .cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

redfan wrote: »
    is there any thing under 500 laptop wifi dvd rw 1gb ram for november .cheers

Yep, reduce warranty to 1 year

Choose XP not Vista .

I would , however, recommend

Upgrade screen for 15
    Upgrade battery for 10

Which then takes it to €525 but if you don't its all the above for under €500 inc vat and delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Does anybody know how the ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 HyperMemory (integrated) graphics card would run Final Cut Pro or other similar video editing programs? With 1gb ram and TK55 processor.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

TPD wrote: »
    Does anybody know how the ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 HyperMemory (integrated) graphics card would run Final Cut Pro or other similar video editing programs? With 1gb ram and TK55 processor.

Isn't final cut pro only on mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

My bad. Something similar then, windows based.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

is athlon > intel
    what's the diff between vostro and inspiron

thanks
    Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Yep, reduce warranty to 1 year

Choose XP not Vista .

I would , however, recommend

Upgrade screen for 15
    Upgrade battery for 10

Which then takes it to €525 but if you don't its all the above for under €500 inc vat and delivery.

Depends on exact processor, at least make sure you get a x2 version. Vostro has less gimics such as software included but essentially they are same, just cased a bit differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

TheDriver wrote: »
    Depends on exact processor, at least make sure you get a x2 version. Vostro has less gimics such as software included but essentially they are same, just cased a bit differently.

Thanks TheDriver. Does x2 denote dual core? I presume the vostro looks a bit cheaper then?

cheers

• Advertisement

afaik, it means dual core amd. take a look at dmxdimension.com, i found these excellent at providing evalue codes for offers so you might find what you want in inspiron cheaper depending on a code, last week my inspiron had 170 off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement