Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Laptops Deals Thread [*Updated Daily*]

Options
  • 08-10-2007 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Post your deals for Dell Laptops here and I suppose requests are allowed also.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Please Note !!

All Dell Battery Warranties Are 1 year max no matter what protection you buy.

Its because of that fact that Sponge Bob recommends you buy a cheap laptop and spend no more than €600 and that you dispose of it by posting it back to Dell for disposal when it dies after 2 or 3 years , sometimes more in fairness. Replacement Batteries will cost over €100 no matter who the manufacturer is.

If you do not like that then leave Sponge Bob alone and complain to the European Consumer Centre instead . Battery replacements should be part of all extended warranties

€543 for an all in laptop
    Clicky Here
    with vista .

€543 for an all in laptop Clicky Here with XP

XP will run a lot faster !!

In BOTH cases I recommend you take the free upgrade to the TruLife screen

Maybe consider the better battery which makes them €575 . Delivery free Mon and Tue this week at least.

Its a great , reliable , all in laptop is the 6400. A bit heavy maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,129 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

That Vostro is only €470 with 1 year warranty and a half decent Athlon not Sempron processor and the true life monitor .

Still a Good deal , then the only difference between it and the Inspiron is no dvd burning and a smaller HD and weaker battery but €70 cheaper :)

Once you add them on to both systems as applicable they come out the same at about €570 with good long life battery and 80gb HD and DVD burning .

Oh and I know this isn't a dell, but powercity have fujitsu siemens laptop for €522 (if bought online using their quote system)
    FUJITSU SIEMENS INTEL LAPTOP
    INTEL CORE DUO T2080 1.73GHZ
    IGB RAM 80GB HARD DISK
    DVD MULTI FORMAT DVD BURNER

also a 19" widescreen for €206 btw

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

eolhc wrote:
    Oh and I know this isn't a dell, but powercity have fujitsu siemens laptop for €522 (if bought online using their quote system)

also a 19" widescreen for €206 btw

579 no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

No deals codes on a 1330 I suppose? I'm trying to convince myself I don't actually need it... but of course that makes me want one more! ;)

ntlbell wrote:
    579 no?
    they have a link "add to quote" that you have to press that gives the discount for paying online

quintron wrote:
    No deals codes on a 1330 I suppose? I'm trying to convince myself I don't actually need it... but of course that makes me want one more! ;)
    don't know how good these are, but using the current discount codes for the 1330
    link
    link
    link

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Still a Goer

€543 for an all in laptop
    Clicky Here
    with vista .

€543 for an all in laptop Clicky Here with XP

XP will run a lot faster !!

In BOTH cases I recommend you take the free upgrade to the TruLife screen

Maybe consider the better battery which makes them €575 . Delivery free Mon and Tue this week at least.

Its a great , reliable , all in laptop is the 6400. A bit heavy maybe.

I thought it would have been more expensive with Vista? If I have an XP CD already, would I be better going with the Vista offer and then I have a choice of using XP or Vista? :) XP for now and Vista when it's a bit more stable down the line.. ?

Would the same spec be cheaper in a Vostro?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Are there reductions if you use pigsback and/or say you're a student/with a company?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

Do any of these have an S Video out port ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

eolhc wrote:
    don't know how good these are, but using the current discount codes for the 1330
    link
    link
    link

Cheers eolhc. Saving about €200 overall on the last one! Nice one. Q

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Anyone know what happened to those dell laptops with custom colours and an integrated webcam? I'm looking to get one for my girlfriend for basic browsing, office and skyping and you know how they like colourdy stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is there, Inspiron 1520 (under Entertainment).

you find the coloursyourself and we get you a good price on it is how this thread works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

N1010002 is a good deal too. 120 gb HD and Igb RAM as standard. Can get it with an Athlon processor, vista or xp, 1 year warrenty, Tru-Life screen and a 6 cell battery for 506 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Getting the Dell Vostro N1010001 for €434 with Win XP. Seems to be the cheapest Laptop I can find on the site... well drop the battery to 4cell to save another 12 euro.

I assume theres no problem with a Home user buying a Business machine???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

What's the opinion on the Inspiron 6400? Wondering over XP/Vista...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

weep!, hubby has to bring lap top to work, and i need to buy one for home use, (kids would demolish a pc in mins so preference for laptop but a great deal on pc would be considered).
    I looked at lots of different ones advertised on dell but have no clue what all the techno stuff means, it basically reads.....blah blah blah....... then i see the price!
    I would use it for basic stuff, mail ,ebay etc but i love a game of poker when the kids go to bed and god only knows what software (or hardware for all i know :D ) i need to run the poker programme (Paddy power).
    Help would be much appreciated! I feel like a pensioner when it comes to lap tops! Thanks in advance!

themadchef, the cheapest option will be fine for you. Don't waste your money on things you don't need. Poker software requires very little to run so you wont have a problem with PPP or any other software, you should play on poker.ie instead though:D lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Bert Fever

Anyone got any e-value codes for the Inspiron 1520 or Vostro 1500?

Bert Fever wrote: »
    Anyone got any e-value codes for the Inspiron 1520 or Vostro 1500?

try here

Cool thanks, but does this site have codes for the Irish dell site or am I completely blind?

Bert Fever wrote: »
    Cool thanks, but does this site have codes for the Irish dell site or am I completely blind?

just dont use their links, copy the code they give and enter it on the irish site
    put 305 in the first box and N1015205XP or what ever the code is in the second box

or use this address and replace the ******* with the evalue code
    http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?config_data=&c=ie&cs=iedhs1&fb=1&kc=305&l=en&oc=********&x=9&y=8

Exact Same 1520 for €52 less :p

clicky here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Any E-Value codes for the Vostro 1000?

Thanks for the tips. If you configure a Vostro (I tried a 1500) when you get to your basket to add the coupon it says...
    Coupon Error

We're sorry, the coupon code you have entered is invalid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon.

etc..etc..

I'm guessing it's the Business Dell site that's causing this...?

Edit: oh and the code they give is : N1015003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

pick up a nice voxtro duel core lappy dvd rw etc 120 hdd
    decent battery under 5 ton . cheers guy

them black notebooks look great too.

How much would a Dell laptop similar to this:

Aspire 5021WLMi AMD Turion ML28 1.6Ghz (35W), Microsoft½ Windows½ XP Home, 15.4" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite, 128MB ATI X700, 512MB (2*256), 100GB, DVD Dual double layer, LiIon, Gigabit Ethernet & wireless 802.11g , 6-in-1 card reader.

cost? :)

and how much more would it cost to beef up to the following:

Windows XP
    Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz /AMD Athlon 64 or better
    1GB RAM
    DirectX 9.0c video card
    256MB Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI x1600 / NVidia 6800 GT/GS or better)
    DirectX 9.0c Soundcard
    DirectX 9.0c or higher
    Windows USB Gamepad
    1280 x 720 resolution

(that's system requirements for the only game I'd ever play on it, so just to see if it would be worth it)

Any help appreciated:)

• Advertisement

You do not get processors like that in laptops becuase they run too hot .

Ask the actual game supplier to recommend a minimum spec laptop .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement