Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Superb h3000, at long last there's another 'first' and something worthy on this thread. There can't be too many of Boras in Ireland (that aren't VWs!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

there's one in the carpark of my office here, has a cover on it though, will I take it off to get a pic... :D

That F430 with the 430 reg was for sale for ages. It was at a car show in the RDS too, Des Cullen had it. I've seen the 06-D-430 one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I have no idea what this is, its definatly one of the stangest cars in this thread.
    dsc01057zy0.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

jozi wrote:
    I have no idea what this is, its definatly one of the stangest cars in this thread.
    dsc01057zy0.th.jpg

I think that's a small Nissan van, used as an advertising gimmick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Poor quality pic - but a Mustang near Park West

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

jozi wrote:
    dsc01057zy0.th.jpg

Funny enough, I saw a yellow one of those today aswell. They are indeed as a previous poster said a Nissan, not sure what model though. They are based around the Micra K10, and have the same Micra engine aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No pic but a ZV plate Jag E type in glossy black was parked in Cahir this afternoon, I had passed it before I had time to get me camera out.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Max_Damage wrote:
    Funny enough, I saw a yellow one of those today aswell. They are indeed as a previous poster said a Nissan, not sure what model though. They are based around the Micra K10, and have the same Micra engine aswell.

They're called an S-cargo...now look at the picture and say the name in a French accent

Does look like a snail alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Not that flash but rare enough in Ireland. Always thought it was a nice alternative to an M3 cab...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SGKM

I dont think that is a CLK55 AMG, it only has 1 exhaust like a normal 200 Kompressor would. The 55 AMG has quad exhausts,so that looks as if somone has just rebadged a 200 or 240.

Gatster wrote:
    Not that flash but rare enough in Ireland. Always thought it was a nice alternative to an M3 cab...

Shouldn't a CLK 55 AMG have 4 exhaust pipes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh was thinking that myself....definitely not a genuine AMG
    259403359.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah its not a CLK55 at all, and yes it should have more exhaust pipes, curiously the CLK55 Coupe has 4 but the CLK55 cabriolet has two, apparantly because of the modified floor and the differential cooling system there isn't room !

2005_MercedesBenz_CLK55_AMG_Conv_exrrpass34.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

To be honest the wheels looked a little small (17") but I didn't study the details!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

Just back from Puerto Banus

I saw...

7x Aston Martin DB9
    2x Enzo Ferrari
    1x Ferrari Superamerica
    2x Ferrari 575M
    2x Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
    2x Ferrari Challenge Stradale
    1x Ferrari 550 Barchetta
    1x Koenigsegg CC8S
    2x Lambo Murcielago
    3x Lambo Gallardo
    1x Lambo Gallardo SE
    2x Mercedes Mclaren SLR
    1x Porsche 997 Turbo
    4x Rolls Royce Phantom

No Carrera GT or Zonda though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Puerto Banus has to be one of the best places in the world for these kind of cars. You could see anything down by the quayside especially.

AJ! wrote:
    Just back from Puerto Banus

I saw...

2x Enzo Ferrari
    1x Lambo Gallardo SE
    2x Mercedes Mclaren SLR

Please tell me you got pics of the SLR's and the Enzos and the Gallardo SE....
    Was the Koenigsegg the orange CCR or the silver CC.
    What colours were the Gallardos and the Murcis - probably the same as what I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Some serious cars around Galway this week this has to be my highlight though, I didnt even know AMG had started on it yet:

S55%20AMG%204.jpg

S55%20AMG%202.jpg

S55%20AMG%203.jpg

Pretty mean looking car on in the flesh, Id love to see it against the M5.

S.

steve06 wrote:
    Please tell me you got pics of the SLR's and the Enzos and the Gallardo SE...

Yeah I got all of them...

dsc00358na5ba9.jpg

dsc00392wd4du5.jpg

dsc00224ka3dh5.jpg

I couldn't be bothered posting all the pictures on this thread. You can see the rest here...

Just Back From Puerto Banus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Holy. Shít. @ the S55.

That's no ordinary S55 - it's got a Lorinser kit on it!

I'd take it over an M5 any day

www.lorinser.com

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Magown3

I was on my way back from Sligo today when I saw a car I'd never seen before. The saying "You wait ages for a bus an then 2 come at once" would be quite appropriate here.

Check out the pics :eek:

photo0012mg3.th.jpg

photo0010og7.th.jpg

photo0011rw8.th.jpg

photo0013qs8.th.jpg

There were 8 in total !!! :D

Then I saw this in Mondello a good while ago

Focus RS:
    photo0014cq1.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

AJ! wrote:
    That's no ordinary S55 - it's got a Lorinser kit on it!

I was thinking it wasnt a "normal" AMG, those front wheel arch air vents were evil looking, and the exahusts were flush with the rear panels with just chrome finish on them. It was there for a while (I work nearby) and when it pulled away from the hotel it was nearly silent, untill it turned the corner and he put the boot down it sounded like a fighter jet taking off.......

The standard of the finish for an after market kit was something else though, I suppose you get what you pay for.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

Seen the S55 AMG outside the Great Southern on Friday, wow!

Some amazing cars around for the races, at a wedding in Portumna on Saturday, seen a black 911 Carrera 4S Cabrio with 06-D-911 reg, sweet sound!

Funny one, an English reg 06 S500 was also in Portumna on Saturday with a dent on the boot lid, just a pity he did not have parking sensors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I saw a yellow Porche 911 yesterday with "911" plates. It was an Arabic registered car, don't know which country. The number was in both Arabic and Roman script. I must admit I did a double take seeing 911 on it. Creepy for some reason.

Magown3 wrote:
    I was on my way back from Sligo today when I saw a car I'd never seen before. The saying "You wait ages for a bus an then 2 come at once" would be quite appropriate here.

Check out the pics :eek:

photo0012mg3.th.jpg

photo0010og7.th.jpg

photo0011rw8.th.jpg

photo0013qs8.th.jpg

There were 8 in total !!! :D

Then I saw this in Mondello a good while ago

Focus RS:
    photo0014cq1.th.jpg
    back to the future, haha the delorean... must have been some sort of convention....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Max_Damage wrote:

The S-Cargo is actually based on a Sunny chassis and engine, not the Micra (but the Be-1, Pao, and Figaro are).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

steve06 wrote:
    back to the future, haha the delorean... must have been some sort of convention....

Stradbally Steam fair was on this weekend. Maybe they were on their way to that? They were at the Terenure Classic Car show earlier this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Some amazing cars around for the races, at a wedding in Portumna on Saturday, seen a black 911 Carrera 4S Cabrio with 06-D-911 reg, sweet sound!

..........chap I know owns it. I was talking to him last week about it whilst filling up..........beauty !

That is not a real S55 AMG ! They are not making S55's anymore, only S65's with the Bi-Turbo V12 in the W221 chassis. There may be an S63 AMG due and it will not be a Supercharged "Kompressor" engine, but a 6.3 N/A V8.

That car is most likley an S500 with the standard 5.5 litre V8 and a body kit. Why would someone pay for an AMG kit only to junk it and put on a IMO hideous Carlson one ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement