Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

• 03-05-2005 10:40am
    Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Moderator wrote: »
    Rules for posting here;

Due to the amount of off topic posts in this thread, we have had to introduce new rules for this this.

Please do not post any off topic posts in this thread. We will accept any posts that are in relation to the pictures of cars posted, but any off topics posts will be deleted. The off topics posts will not be dealt with on the thread, but in pm with the user.

Please do not comment on the owners of vehicles posted on here. Saying the likes of 'only a muppet would drive something like that' will not be tolerated on this thread any more. Have your personal opinion on the vehicle, but leave the owners, their occupations and all other begrudgery out of it.

Please do not quote pictures, it becomes annoying to see the same picture over and over throught posts.

If you are in disagreement with other users comments, use the report button, or contact a moderator. Don't deal with it on the thread.

Repeat offenders will take a break from the Motors forum.

Please keep an eye on this post in case of future updates.

Forum Moderators.

Bently GT

dsc001939sg.th.jpg

Merc CLS 55 AMG

dsc001883ca.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭fletch

NICE
    I'm presuming you were stopped in traffic when you took that pic of the CLS? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Hmmm I don't see what's so special about the Bentley - there are quite a few of them around. That's a very special Mercedes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

fletch wrote:
    NICE

impressive if you could keep up with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Another car which is becoming a bit 'common' for want of a better term is the Maserati 4200 GT - There are 2 within 1 mile of my home

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

fletch wrote:
    NICE
    In Moving trafic on the way to the Airport .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I passed a vantage and a maserati last summer within 2 mins of each other in Dublin. I was whizzing down bike lane while they crawled in traffic \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭ando

nisan_5.jpg

phwarrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭samo

There was a very similar silver Bently to this one pictured in the car park of the an poitin stil in Rathcoole on Sunday, this was on northern plates too and was an M reg so no idea as to that the year actually was though!

They must like their Bently's up north :)

It was actually parked next to a brand new 05 Merc Silver SLK convertible and it completely outshone the Merc in comparison! (although so it should I guess)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

According to the Indo a couple of months ago, there was 1600 Bently Continental GT's registered in the UK last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

prospect wrote:
    According to the Indo a couple of months ago, there was 1600 Bently Continental GT's registered in the UK last year!

Volkswagen means People's car.

• Advertisement

Volkswagen means People's car.

?? :confused: ??

Bit confused at that, but I'll give it a go:
    VW own Bently

VW = Peoples Car
    Peoples Car = Implied Common As Muck
    Implied Common As Muck = High Volume Sales
    High Volume Sales = Bently Continental GT

Well, how did I do?

prospect wrote:
    Well, how did I do?

10 out of 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Ye the chap who owns the Citywest hotel, Mansell, owns the Phantom that can be seen driving around up that area. Was coming out of the Hotel there about 2 weeks ago, when a Lamborghini flew by. Was in my mate's van at the time, its 2l turbo diesel, we tried to keep up. Got as near as possible on a roundabout came around the bend, and the car was gone, think it was a Contach. Dublin reg anyways and it was yellow, just wondering if anybody else has seen it around Citywest also.

Mansfield is his name.

He had a LWB S-Class up until recently, funny move to go to a VW?!?

I think his son is into the sports cars, he had a 360 Modena about 3 years ago.

I played golf there one morning, and he used to park on the helipad (its a tough auld life) near the first tee box.
    He hops in and the engine roars, then again, and again, the poor bugger couldn't get first gear (I thought all the 360 Modenas had paddles?).
    After a few attempts he gets it and disappears like a hot snot, his face as red as the car i'd suspect :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

prospect wrote:
    Mansfield is his name.

He had a LWB S-Class up until recently, funny move to go to a VW?!?

Phantom, as in Rolls Royce, as opposed to VW Phaeton i presume..?

That CLS is something else, notice the nice parking job with the bentley, thrown across 2 spaces, people should prove to be capable of driving those cars before they're allowed to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I work near Alo Kavangh cars and as such had the pleasure of being in a CLS55, beautiful, and a VW Phaeton, these cars deserve more credit, beautifully crafted cars, and extremely rare cars here. Kind of the Anti-peoples car made by the makers of the peoples car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

thats very nice.. one thing though.. U may want to blur out the reg plates..

Squirrel wrote:
    ...and a VW Phaeton, these cars deserve more credit, beautifully crafted cars, and extremely rare cars here. Kind of the Anti-peoples car made by the makers of the peoples car.

The Phaetons are rare because they are utterly pointless. People buy these prestige barges to announce "I have arrived" to the chattering masses. There is no point in arriving in a Volkswagen.

I have no doubt that they are beautifully crafted and engineered, perhaps even as well assembled put together as an A8, but they lack the key ingredient for the victims who purchase these cars: a badge that everybody else aspires to. Toyota hit the nail on the head with Lexus. They knew no-one but a fool would pay more than 50k for a Toyota.

Some people call them the "thinking man's Mercedes". A thinking man would not buy this or a Merc. He'd buy a yacht or a small island instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Spotted two Merc CLS 55 AMGs today, both within 10 minutes of each other. Raheny and the Coast Road.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I have noticed a huge increase in the amount of AMG tuned* mercs recently. Is there an Irish agent?

* Im assuming they are tuned and not just ebay badges

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

Saw a black H2 hummer in Stillorgan this morning(first one I've ever seen)...

But the weirdest thing was seeing two Bentley Continental GT on UK plates park just outside my area/estate lost and looked liked they were being delivered as the seats were rapped in plastic. Weird to think of them as "common" now.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Yeah , a mate of mine has just bought a Hummer H2 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Delta_ie wrote:
    Saw a black H2 hummer in Stillorgan this morning(first one I've ever seen)...

I saw a black Hummer in Stillorgan about five years ago funnily enough, I found out subsequently one of the owners of Treasury (the property firm) drove one so it was probably his. Saw a H2 Hummer in South of France on holidays a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭fletch

kbannon wrote:
    I have noticed a huge increase in the amount of AMG tuned* mercs recently. Is there an Irish agent?

* Im assuming they are tuned and not just ebay badges
    Can you not just order one through any Mercedes garage?

fletch wrote:
    Can you not just order one through any Mercedes garage?
    FletchMaybe you can - I don't know.
    I had presumed that it was like BMW & Alpina where only selected garages can have cars tuned by this house

ubu wrote:
    Phantom, as in Rolls Royce, as opposed to VW Phaeton i presume..?

That CLS is something else, notice the nice parking job with the bentley, thrown across 2 spaces, people should prove to be capable of driving those cars before they're allowed to buy them.

EEEPpppp :o
    Good Point, now i feel a bit silly...

• Registered Users Posts: 64,467 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Saw a Bentley Continental GT in the city centre at lunchtime today. Black, 04D reg. Not a tax dodger so :)

Nice roar from the engine too..

unkel wrote:
    Not a tax dodger so :)
    VRT? no but they may be an income tax dodger if they can manage to afford one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64,467 ✭✭✭✭unkel

kbannon wrote:
    VRT? no but they may be an income tax dodger if they can manage to afford one! :D

Aye I should have been more specific. VRT, motortax and insurance are obviously in order and I doubt they'll hold onto a car long enough for it to need an NCT but we don't know about their other tax affairs. Off topic on this forum thankfully :)

PS - Glad you got your tickets but jaysis, what that new sig?

• Advertisement

new sig removed as it is bugging the crap outta me already! No tickets yet though :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement