Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

tdc wrote: »
    ive noticed this trend among VAG owners. i was looking at a volkswagen magazine yesterday and they had a feature on two modified mk4 golfs, one had porsche 997 wheels, the other had mercedes s-class wheels. why do they do this and why do they leave the original logo centre caps rather than replacing them with vw ones?

Yep it seems to be a pretty big trend throughout europe at the moment, Porsche,Audi Bentley and Merc rims seem to be used the most.

Not sure why they leave the caps on them but i'd say it's to show that they're real (and that they were expensive) and not a set of replicas which are usually far cheaper.

Personally i'd stick with a set of BBS split rims on any VAG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Perhaps Porsche supply them to its new subsidiary for cheap?:D

From Wikipedia:

On September 16, 2008, Porsche announced that the company had increased it's stake in Volkswagen to 35%, effectively making Volkswagen a subsidiary of Porsche.[13]

As of October 2008, Porsche holds 42.6 percent of Volkswagen's ordinary shares and holds stock options on another 31.5 percent. Porsche is targeting a 50 percent stake by the end of 2008 and plans to increase this to 75 percent in 2009.

On the 28th October 2008, Volkwagen briefy became the world's largest company as the stock price rose to over 1,000 euros due to Porsche announcing that they held over 74% of the stock and short sellers tried to cover their positions.[14]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Saw this beauty in Santry on Saturday Afternoon. The guy was delivering flowers to someone in SportsLink !!

The car was stunning, tanned leather seats, beautifully restored dash and not a spec of rust anywhere. Top class spray job too.

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

ZENER wrote: »
    Saw this beauty in Santry on Saturday Afternoon. The guy was delivering flowers to someone in SportsLink !!

The car was stunning, tanned leather seats, beautifully restored dash and not a spec of rust anywhere. Top class spray job too.

ZEN

You followed him into the car park and waited for him to leave to take pictures of his car and put your sweaty greasy hands all over his car. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

You followed him into the car park and waited for him to leave to take pictures of his car and put your sweaty greasy hands all over his car. :D
    Ha:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Just back from Spain, spotted what looked like a vehicle launch going on at the hotel Don Carlos near Marbella, rows and rows of BMW X3's together with Mercedes GLK's and the Audi Q5.

I didn't reaslise the GLK's were out yet and I never realsied there was a Q5. The Q5 looks nice but very colour sensitive, the dark ones look great and the rest look too soft. The front is better looking than the Q7 but otherwise its a scaled down version, lovely inetrior.
    The GLK is very chunky and squared off, looks quite well but the sqaure look makes it look very short.

No pictures as I was actually in search of a lost phone at the time !

Also saw the yellow pearlescent Miurcielago Roadster that I think Steve posted previously. Awesome noise !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

:D . . . never touched it Garda . . . honest !!!

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

ZEN

Fairly sure it was a fella called Stan who used own that. He had some collection of cars, most of then near mint, he died recently and i think his two sons sold off a few of them. That SP2 was for sale up until recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Couple of cheeky numbers from Oslo...

D6C5365A1F5D4CC0A5B4B3F8CC06F32F.jpg

D1FB56518D9D48E9A0C0CA42A6941B81.jpg

5F477A3D46F6470B8CE37AEE7A1BC79C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

MercMad wrote: »
    Just back from Spain, spotted what looked like a vehicle launch going on at the hotel Don Carlos near Marbella, rows and rows of BMW X3's together with Mercedes GLK's and the Audi Q5.

I didn't reaslise the GLK's were out yet and I never realsied there was a Q5. The Q5 looks nice but very colour sensitive, the dark ones look great and the rest look too soft. The front is better looking than the Q7 but otherwise its a scaled down version, lovely inetrior.
    The GLK is very chunky and squared off, looks quite well but the sqaure look makes it look very short.

No pictures as I was actually in search of a lost phone at the time !

Also saw the yellow pearlescent Miurcielago Roadster that I think Steve posted previously. Awesome noise !

Its the Q5 european launch training venue - runs for two months ! On the contrary i thought the Q5 looked great in white.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

ZEN
    Do you mind me asking what is this car - I've never seen one before.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Hermy wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what is this car - I've never seen one before.
    It's a Volkswagen SP2.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Rovi wrote: »
    Thanks Rovi,
    Beautiful car!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Rovi wrote: »

Ain't too many of them tipping 'round!

antodeco wrote: »
    Publicity stunt, thats all it is!

Des Cullen has a whole floor of the underground c/p in the Beacon Hotel reserved for these cars. Some very serious metal down there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Des Cullen has a whole floor of the underground c/p in the Beacon Hotel reserved for these cars. Some very serious metal down there!

des cullen has ferraris/mercs/bentleys/porsches and astons that are there most of the time, at any given time i would say that there would be no more than 20 cars there, hardly the whole floor of a car park. also des cullen is a reputable dealer for these kinds of cars. the dealer that is advertising the lambo and koenigsegg has a stockilist that reads something like this:

Audi A3
    BMW 316
    Chrysler Voyager
    Ford Focus
    Ford Ka
    Lamborghini Murcielago VT Roadster
    Nissan Primera
    Nissan Almera
    Toyota Avensis
    Koenigsegg CCR
    VW Polo
    VW Golf

just doesnt look right :pac: plus the pictures were just taken from other websites, bit of a jike really, it would defenitely put me off the dealer in question

tdc wrote: »
    des cullen has ferraris/mercs/bentleys/porsches and astons that are there most of the time, at any given time i would say that there would be no more than 20 cars there, hardly the whole floor of a car park. also des cullen is a reputable dealer for these kinds of cars. the dealer that is advertising the lambo and koenigsegg has a stockilist that reads something like this:

Audi A3
    BMW 316
    Chrysler Voyager
    Ford Focus
    Ford Ka
    Lamborghini Murcielago VT Roadster
    Nissan Primera
    Nissan Almera
    Toyota Avensis
    Koenigsegg CCR
    VW Polo
    VW Golf

just doesnt look right :pac: plus the pictures were just taken from other websites, bit of a jike really, it would defenitely put me off the dealer in question

The original post gave the following links, both of which direct you to an assortment of vehicles on CZ, neither of which are a Koenigsegg or a Lambo. The only prestige vehicle on the first page of this link in fact is an AC Cobra kit-car and it's being sold by who? Des Cullen Motors!

Now with all the changes on CZ at the moment I can see where the confusion may have come from but you must also see where I am coming from - i.e: read post, click on link, see ac cobra from DC Motors, post reply!

Here's the post if you want to check for yourself:

Koenigsegg CCR 806BHP:
    http://www.carzone.ie/es-ie/search/K...0612909/advert

Lambo Murcielago VT Roadster:
    http://www.carzone.ie/es-ie/search/L...0612911/advert

However, I would like to ad that it is not unusual for car dealing colleagues to advertise each others stock in order to give their vehicles more exposure and to portray themselves as having a larger portfolio then they actually do. I do accept of course that this is hardly the case on this occasion!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    The original post gave the following links, both of which direct you to an assortment of vehicles on CZ, neither of which are a Koenigsegg or a Lambo.

That's because of carzones new messed up design.

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    That's because of carzones new messed up design.

Right with ya dude, but there's already a thread or two going on that! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

04112008022uv3.th.jpgthpix.gif

04112008023yo1.th.jpgthpix.gif

04112008024tz8.th.jpgthpix.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Very nice Turbo........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Seen a toyota clavia today...where the feck was that brought in from?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Seems Maxwell's have begun the transition to a luxury garage. There was also an 03 SL55 in the carpark and a good deal more M3s.

06112008036kq2.th.jpg

06112008039qq5.th.jpgthpix.gif

06112008037bg9.th.jpg

06112008040mr7.th.jpgthpix.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

Heard they are closing up today

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

qz wrote: »
    Seems Maxwell's have begun the transition to a luxury garage. There was also an 03 SL55 in the carpark and a good deal more M3s.

06112008036kq2.th.jpg

06112008039qq5.th.jpgthpix.gif

06112008037bg9.th.jpg

06112008040mr7.th.jpgthpix.gif

Pass those everyday walking home. Question is which wud u get, phantom or vanquish S, as they are selling for exact same price

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

spotted this during the week. Unfortunitly i was on the motorway so couldn't see the full tilt mechanism in action.attachment.php?attachmentid=66232&d=1226063411

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

kikel wrote: »
    spotted this during the week. Unfortunitly i was on the motorway so couldn't see the full tilt mechanism in action.attachment.php?attachmentid=66232&d=1226063411
    Cool I remember richard hammond driving on of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Wat a Very SAD thread LOL!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

It's a Carver One.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement