Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

tdc wrote: »
    Grahamo what track is that? Always wanted to do one of those supercar experiences, just keep putting it off.
    Was a track over in Staffordshire, I got it for my 21st but it was through a crowd called Thanksdarling.com or .ie wasn't really a race thing but I got to give it socks in all of em, the Lambo is so scary, that noise is deafening! They had a 911 there, Subaru's and Evo's and the R8. R8 only arrived there an hour before I got there so they hadn't fitted the massive breaks or anything yet so I couldn't drive that. The Ferrari made up for it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭RS6

tdc wrote: »
    anyone have more pics of that phantom? its not standard, it looks like a Mansory kit on it.

No its not the Mansory version, just got horrible rims and those tacky chrome side vents.

I believe it belongs to Jim Mansfield, although he claims its used for weddings at City West.

On one of the doors of the phantom it had the City West logo in chrome.

Tackalicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    And a few more... Some of em are from the rds last week

Seen that RR a few times. Its a Des Cullen RR

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Bearcat wrote: »
    Limerick Man....you hit a sore point re the arnage re calling it a pointless car. The 6.75 red label twin turbo is a pure and utter monster. The kit out of it is pure sumptous and goes like sh"t off a hot shovel.

I was more so refering to the 6.0 Bmw 7 series, i think the Arnage is a cracking car. Just in time's like this it's not much use to anyway:P

@eljono It was a 00. Very clean

Seen that RR a few times. Its a Des Cullen RR
    I think it was a sports and classic stand, could be wrong though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭RS6

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    I think it was a sports and classic stand, could be wrong though

Yeah no pretty sure all those cars were from sport and classic.

There was a black phantom up in DC's for a few weeks but it didnt have the rims and chrome vents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Just back for Thruxton - drove the Cayman, F430 and the LP640 as well as being a passenger for a fast lap in the RX8 where the guy absolutely ripped the backside out of it!! I didnt think it was possible that the LP640 would be such a step up from the F430 but it was. An absolute beast (if a little impractical getting in and out!)

sb7eo6.jpg

2dtxdaf.jpg

2j124hj.jpg

f4e4w6.jpg

33oila8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Very nice pics Baz :cool:

They're some cars! Where did you do that? How much did it cost if ya don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Hi,
    I know this is probably against the Spirit of the thread but I don't have my camera with me and its so unusual its worth posting,

Heres what I saw today, however the one I saw was silver.
    Its a vw golf 'Country' it has a synchro badge so its all wheel drive. The suspension was jacked right up.

golf-country-22-12-07.jpg
    2601072368_b040f4fbe9.jpg
    Much rarer than all those supercars ha

• Advertisement

Thruxton race course down near Southhampton - I did the Italian Supercar experience (around £400). Its expensive and tbh you are probably finished in around 2 - 3 hours but still....its worth it. You go around 4 laps in the Mazda MPS with the instructor driving, then you drive the manual Cayman for 3 or 4 laps to get familiar with the track. Then its on to the big boys - The guy that sat in when I drove the LP640 actually owns it as well as the F430, the 355 and the Aston Martin.

I have a lot of pics but I might try to resize as they are probably a bit big

That sounds brill, i done it in a Gallardo, 355 and Vantage in a different place before, would love to drive the lp-640! And the F430! I gotta do it again soon...Just looked at their site, Suprised there's no GT-R

Its prob only a matter of time before there is a GT-R there

i351c2.jpg
    n52bq.jpg
    2qjwzo8.jpg
    10nynnl.jpg
    dqhb1e.jpg

2njltlv.jpg
    2lu89wh.jpg
    9gztw7.jpg
    29elv81.jpg
    2i75tf9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

what I saw today - brown fiesta with oversized bright yellow fittings (bumpers, wing mirrors etc) ..ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

8 series Beamers popping up everywhere! The recession? :)

BMW94D49962.jpg

BMW840i97D69461.jpg

BMW840Ci99D89059.jpg

BMW850iBDV791.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

I was very interested to notice that the 8 series BMW in 1999 still had pop up lights. Does anybody know what year pop up lights were banned in the EU on cars? I understand that they can injure a pedestrian in an accident much more severely than cars without these types of lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Circa 97-98 i fink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

The Lotus Esprit was the last car to have pop-up lights AFAIK . That finished production in 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Absolutely love those 8 Series BMW's, great post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

Apologies for the Quality of the pic, taken with my phone in the wee hours this morning but a Bentley flying spur parked outside my house.

(This is what it should look like with a good camera http://www.autobytel.com/images/2006/Bentley/FlyingSpur_staff/400/06_Bentley_FlyingSpur_06.jpg)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Your video didn't last long qz:D

One of those on the South Circular road in Limerick. Turn just after leaving the crescent and its the first new house on the right in the drive. Black/Grey of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Would sir like a 3 hour epic for the next one? I'll get onto Spielberg :pac:

One of those on the South Circular road in Limerick. Turn just after leaving the crescent and its the first new house on the right in the drive. Black/Grey of course.

Lol, i meant it didn't last long as it said "Video not found" the first time for me. I've seen a DB9 around alright last year. No V8's though.

DB9.jpg

Dodgey ice roads out ye're way btw lol!

Dodgey ice roads out ye're way btw lol!

Yep went from here to Kileely and back. Went sideways a few times, mostly on purpose(in a safe and non dangerous way :D )

Getting up at 5am to drive to Dundalk for an hour and then come back. Its gonna be **** driving from Newport to Birdhill after that the trucks should have heated up the nationals roads a bit.

Yep went from here to Kileely and back. Went sideways a few times, mostly on purpose(in a safe and non dangerous way :D )

Getting up at 5am to drive to Dundalk for an hour and then come back. Its gonna be **** driving from Newport to Birdhill after that the trucks should have heated up the nationals roads a bit.

I had to drive to Castleconnel, then back into chawkes from there. Back in to Newport and back out again. Went sideways...er....safely too:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

qz wrote: »
    2008 SL65
    20081130wexford06080088bd6.th.jpg

That is a great find qz, im really starting to like them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Absolutely love those 8 Series BMW's, great post.
    Yeah, gg on the 8 series - they're bloody stunning machines, enough power to take over a small country, so hopelessly bad at putting it down...!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement