Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

that Scirocco is fugly, it looks like a two door hatch back..oh wait ???

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

JJJJNR wrote: »
    that Scirocco is fugly, it looks like a two door hatch back..oh wait ???

First impressions, looks like an Opel Astra from rear !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Peter C wrote: »
    First impressions, looks like an Opel Astra from rear !!!

I'd be very unhappy to hear that if I was a Scirocco owner. I don't see any resemblance.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The inital promo pics of the Scirocco looked great ... maybe its just those pics that do it an injustice (no offence Lauder). But my first thoughts were CTC Astra

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DB9 spotted on Memorial Road (Dublin).

AstonMartinDB907D1007.jpg

And a Bentley Mulsanne S spotted in Sheriff Street (Dublin).

Bentley90WW3123.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭DaMonk

its got a 2.0 tsi engine. it could look like an opel cadet for all I'd care..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭JayeL

Its a Holden VXR8. They get rebadged as Opel in ireland, and Vauxhall in UK. I think holden is a sister company in Oz but i may be wrong.

Its a savage car, and i was nearly getting a Monaro which has a simalar engine. Either a 5.7 or 6.0 V8 :D

It's a Holden HSV, VXR8 is what Vauxhall rebadge them as for the UK but they're not sold anywhere as Opels (Opel, Vauxhall and Holden are all GM but Holden only sell the Astra now, the rest of their small cars are now Daewoos).

It's the most Aussie Holden in years, GM actually got Holden to develop their worldwide rear-wheel-drive platform, so it's sold as a Chevrolet, Pontiac and in China as a Buick.

Savage beast, obv. I like the idea of someone in Ireland getting one with the original badge, none of that Vauxhall nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

19092008007-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Bearcat wrote: »
    19092008007-1.jpg

Nice spot! Have never seen one in the flesh. Never thought I'd see an Irish reg one especially

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I really could not justify 20k on something like that, really couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I really could not justify 20k on something like that, really couldn't.

Agreed,

I could never understand people who like to pay big money for old junk, in technology new always = better, why pay for old?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭EI321

A few nice ones on carzone

Koenigsegg CCR 806BHP:
    http://www.carzone.ie/es-ie/search/Koenigsegg/CCR/806BHP/200843190612909/advert

Lambo Murcielago VT Roadster:
    http://www.carzone.ie/es-ie/search/Lamborghini/Murcielago/VT-Roads/200843190612911/advert
    ...that fabric roof really does look ****e when its on the car.

Bearcat wrote: »
    19092008007-1.jpg

I remember reading a few yrs ago that Bono owned the only known Bristol in Ireland. Maybe thats his car.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

It's funny, I *respect* the old Bristol, but I don't like it. Never did. Orr the Jensen Interceptor for that matter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

eljono wrote: »
    Nice spot! Have never seen one in the flesh. Never thought I'd see an Irish reg one especially

Saw one around 10 years ago near Ballsbridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Agreed,

I could never understand people who like to pay big money for old junk, in technology new always = better, why pay for old?

Really? I think modern Bentleys are absolutely horrible compared to old school.

But, each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭mountain

nice ferrari seen in clonakilty on sunday,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

^^

Those plates would fail on NCT. Nice motor though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

EI321 wrote: »
    A few nice ones on carzone

Koenigsegg CCR 806BHP:
    http://www.carzone.ie/es-ie/search/Koenigsegg/CCR/806BHP/200843190612909/advert

Lambo Murcielago VT Roadster:
    http://www.carzone.ie/es-ie/search/Lamborghini/Murcielago/VT-Roads/200843190612911/advert
    ...that fabric roof really does look ****e when its on the car.

Sorry but why are these advertised on carzone? Does anyone actally think that these cars are in the country?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

tdc wrote: »
    Sorry but why are these advertised on carzone? Does anyone actally think that these cars are in the country?

Publicity stunt, thats all it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

No pic but Ballybofey, Donegal today UK reg or NI not sure, looked brand new Red GTI golf with R32 exhaust pipes and (madly) Mercedes SLR multi spoke alloys or could have been R32 ones with mercedes badges stuck on again not sure!

Would have took a picture but eh.....lets say the lads inside would not have appreciated :D It looked class but I would rather just R32 alloys only without the R32 exhausts.

This it?
    post-12061-1218398640.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

TJJP wrote: »

Ha ha, thats nuts, I know the guy that owns that Range Rover! Sound fella, not short of a few bob, he has a DB7 too. His father gave me the keys to his 730d once and took it for a spin. I never looked back, bought a 7 myself in May, love it to bits.

Small world isn't it! :D

This it?

No not it; was standard gti except for the exhaust and the wheels, which id say where just R32 ones with merc badges on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

This it?
    Jesus thats lovely:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

No not it; was standard gti except for the exhaust and the wheels, which id say where just R32 ones with merc badges on them.

ive noticed this trend among VAG owners. i was looking at a volkswagen magazine yesterday and they had a feature on two modified mk4 golfs, one had porsche 997 wheels, the other had mercedes s-class wheels. why do they do this and why do they leave the original logo centre caps rather than replacing them with vw ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

EI321 wrote: »

I remember reading a few yrs ago that Bono owned the only known Bristol in Ireland. Maybe thats his car.

There are very few Bristols in the country as it was (and still is) a very expensive car. Ive seen some pictures of a very old Bristol convertible registered in Limerick from the 50s. I take it that the 00 D is a recently imported model as that reg is 112xxx.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Saw the new superb today and my god its an ugly mother from the back . No photos as it was tooo ugly .

ive noticed this trend among VAG owners. i was looking at a volkswagen magazine yesterday and they had a feature on two modified mk4 golfs, one had porsche 997 wheels, the other had mercedes s-class wheels. why do they do this and why do they leave the original logo centre caps rather than replacing them with vw ones?

There's a fella actually at that show with the very same car, same SLR wheels but his had the merc badges on them.

• Advertisement

It looked really well i have to say bar the badges, tbh i would'nt mind Audi wheels on a Golf but not the merc ones its just a bit much, if I did put mercedes ones on I would def remove the badges, I had never seen the like of it before = got a bit excited me gf thought i was gone mad :)!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement