Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 mrosamabinladen

was q2 not on occupiers liab?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Amigonia

Hey,

This is my first time doing the FE1's so I was wondering if someone with a little experience could answer the following for me -

In regards to Criminal, if a number of problem questions come up which have offences in them do we need to go through the entire development of intention and/or recklessness for each question because intention and/or recklessness is usually incorporate in the offence in the first place?

For example,

If question 1 is on assault offences and so assault is the intentional or reckless application of force do we go through the development of intention and reckless as one of the issue of your answer?

And then if say question 2 is on murder where there must be an intention to kill or cause serious injury do we have to go through the development all over again?!

Any advice to clarify my very confused head would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Carmeii

What did anyone think of constitutional today?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 this&That

Hi, I thought it was OK, lot of repitition from last paper, better than Tort anyway, took me a bit to work out what the questions were about, thank God for the right to privacy, someone predicted that would be on from here.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Jackthe

this&That wrote: »
    Hi, I thought it was OK, lot of repitition from last paper, better than Tort anyway, took me a bit to work out what the questions were about, thank God for the right to privacy, someone predicted that would be on from here.:)

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 gerryok1

Guess that was you just lookied, thanks for that, wht has life come to, midnight of a Friday and studying EU:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

gerryok1 wrote: »
    Guess that was you just lookied, thanks for that, wht has life come to, midnight of a Friday and studying EU:mad:

Chalk it down:(

Anyone in fiona's class in GCD? any tips? majorly freakin out, so much and dont know what to leave out :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Amigonia wrote: »
    If question 1 is on assault offences and so assault is the intentional or reckless application of force do we go through the development of intention and reckless as one of the issue of your answer?

And then if say question 2 is on murder where there must be an intention to kill or cause serious injury do we have to go through the development all over again?!

I don't know the examiner for criminal law, but as a general rule, I would have thought that a direct answer to the question is the best way of doing it, rather than going through the entire development of the law.

So if the question is a problem question on assault, state the law, apply it to the facts, discuss any points of interest (e.g. in this case there may be an issue of...), discuss recent or important caselaw, discuss any possible defences that arise from the facts and give your opinion on whether there is a good or bad case. If recklessness is an issue discuss it, but if the facts suggest that the assault was clearly intended it doesn't really need to be dealt with. In any event, unless the development is important (i.e. the law is still developing and might be changed) you don't need to go into the development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

fiona doesnt teach in GCD anymore, she moved back down to cork to lecture in UCC. unfortunately I dont think you can really leave too much out! sorry!

• Advertisement

oh, my bad! do we have to no the LRC 2006 report on co-habs duties? i kinda no of the 2004 paper but just found out there was a report written in 2006. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chicklin

Hey guys, hope the exams are going well for everyone. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for contract by any chance? I know frustration nearly always appears and obviously offer and acceptance but just wondering if anyone was given any other tips?!

It would really help me and I would seriously appreciate it,cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 diondiondion

What legislation do you bring to the Contract exam?

Is it the Sale of the Goods 1893 AND the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services 1980?

Or do you only bring the former?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

What legislation do you bring to the Contract exam?

Is it the Sale of the Goods 1893 AND the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services 1980?

Or do you only bring the former?

Both!

What did people think of EU today? It was a pretty OK paper, still harbouring a bad feeling for Tort...

what were the questions like this sitting, was it the three page novel like last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pink101

Did anyone do Contract exam on Friday for FEI. If so can they tell me did question number 1 include invitation to treat and acceptance as well as mistake. Very confusion. Would appreciate a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jlg85

hey everyone, im sittin my fe1's this oct. gona do a few in griffith but looking to buy the booklets for the other one's off someone. let me know if anyones willing to part with theirs!! thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JEM1

Hi PINK101,

I am really confused about Ques 1 too - I thought it was duress/family member and I also mentioned mistake but I have no idea - went back over the Griffith Manual and I still dont know...HELP!

jlg85 wrote: »
    hey everyone, im sittin my fe1's this oct. gona do a few in griffith but looking to buy the booklets for the other one's off someone. let me know if anyones willing to part with theirs!! thanks

why don't you just go to Independent. You want to attend lectures from lecturers whose notes you don't want? I don't get it.

By the By Q1 to answer the question you would have had to refer to the formation of the contract offer, acceptance and consideration (even though the cheque bounced) in your introduction before you tackled the mistake as to identity and whether the contact was void ab initio, or voidable until disaffirmed. I think the silver is gone and the long lost cousin is even more lost now.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jlg85

im just looking to buy the notes. want to go to the classes for criminal and tort so will have those bookets! havent decided yet if ill go to griffith or independent

:)no sorry a bit of a moment there, yeah, ciaran for criminal, I would still go to griffith, check that he'll be there for the next sitting (make it a condition) but I'd definitely go for Val corbett in Independent for tort and any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pink101

Found it in mistake - mistake as to contracting party a case about fraud typical confusing everyone. Sat last october paper in contract and it was a nightmare so unfair that we can't carry the ones forward that we get. I have been getting two failing two, fourth time sitting them again. have my apprenticeship got and am working in a legal firm. Keep saying that I am not going to sit them again but I end up doing them every time.

I used the FEI direct manuals which was a course that I attended in UL the year before last. Manuals not as big as Griffith. Somebody told me that the Griffith ones could do with updating.

Did anyone sit the Land Law on Monday. It was okay but I thought it was very unfair about putting in LRC paper on Landlord and Tenant as if we did not have enough to do. This paper only came out in the last six months I think. Very unfair. Jack Anderson seems to love these reform papers as of course there is one nearly in every area of Land Law.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I know it's a bit early but does anyone have an idea of when the results will be released?

The last results for the October sitting arrived just before Christmas week, great ****** present, that was almost 2 and 1/2 months. So end of June maybe?

Checked results for this sitting the last time and they areout much quicker, they were posted May 25th last time.

I feel like a turkey voting for christmas, but the sooner the better. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

just wondering is anyone selling their independent college/griffith college notes? studying for the fe-1s this summer and need something to work off!

pm me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

this&That wrote: »
    Checked results for this sitting the last time and they areout much quicker, they were posted May 25th last time.

o god i hope not, have been having nightmares the last couple of nights about the results!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I spoke to the Law School today and they said that the results will be released approx 12 weeks after the last exam. I would however take that with a very large pinch of salt. At xmas I rang them to find out when the results would be released, they said that it would be at least two more weeks....the next day they arrived!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement