Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JEM1

apparently they are being posted today... best of luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

yea read that too on the Google forum. i am so scared. have to think of something to take my mind off them!!!

Anyone get results yet??? Feeling ill with nerves...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Carmeii

Yeah results have arrived, and im too nervous to open em:eek:

Carmeii - open them, the sooner you know the better, you will make yourself sick with worry if you dont, whats meant for you wont pass by you. Best of luck x.

• Advertisement

passed the 3 i did. i can now breathe again. 7 down one to go!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Heineken pants

Passed 3 outa 4. Answered 4 questions in company and got 50%. Pheeew:D

The Heineken pants are gona be strapped on 2nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Jackthe

Well done! that'll be the start of the good news today.

well done, great news everyone - cant wait to go home after work and get mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 this&That

Just got results and passed all four, they must have marked Tort easy got 50 in it, happy days, the only problem now is an apprentceship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Reckon So

Got all 8! The horror was worth it

Are we allowed to sell manuals on here? Have all 8 (lucky ones)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Reckon So wrote: »
    Got all 8! The horror was worth it

Are we allowed to sell manuals on here? Have all 8 (lucky ones)

Hi there, please can you sell manuals to me? Congrats on your results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 catxxx

anyone know what are the chances of result going up with a re check??? got 45 and tempted to send it off. was my second time doing it and I passed it the last time but just didnt get the three so had to do it again!

past experiences anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pink101

I must be the only one in the country who has not got their results yet. Tried ringing the Law Society engaged. What a nightmare anyone else out there whose post is late. Postman has been and we dont have a second post.:confused:

Hi Cat - I would def have your result appealed, you will never know otherwise. I got 45 in Constitutional and I honestly believed that I passed it - I still cant figure why I failed, going to get it rechecked for my peace of mind, at least that way I know where I stand and wont be saying what if...let me know what you decide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

DOes anyone have FE1 mauals or past papers.....or Griffith notes. I;m planning n taking criminal, contract, company and equity in October. Just let me know the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 claireshm

Also looking for FE-1 manuals here if anyone has them???. Also what is a realistic number of exams to do in one sitting- im not working at the moment and if i do start working it will only be part-time. So given that I have between now and September to study and have just finished an LLB how many would be possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

I'm looking for FE1 manuals and notes?? Anyone???

thanks for that JEM! think I will appeal it 'cause when it comes to studying for it again I know I'll just be thinking what if!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 divo12

I didnt get my results either. Rang Law Society and Lady said some people have them and others dont and if I did not have them by tomorrow that to contact them and request the results to be reissued. Sick of waiting!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Freckleina

Hi guys,
    I know a few have put up posts on this already, but just wanted to get opinions on having my Contract paper rechecked. If I'm honest I didn't expect to pass it, but I got 48%. Now I'm thinking it must've been an ok paper. When you're that close to a pass, do you think its harder to scrape a couple more percent?
    Cheers!
    Oh and well done to everyone, especially those that are finished - I'm so jealous!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I too thought that I had failed tort as it was the worse paper I ever sat but got 50% so was quite surprised.
    I was sitting my final four and the only one I hadn't thought I might have failed was criminal which, surprise surprise, I failed by 7%!
    Pretty pissed off as I don't wanna have to repeat as I'm going traveling for the next year. Would it be worth getting a 43% rechecked as its a lot of money when you're travelling but I actually thought I did ok.
    Is it possible that an examiner could make such a mistake or is that just wishful thinking? Has anyone ever heard of a paper being upgraded so much?

(My leaving cert geography was upgraded from a c3 to a b2!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭June2008

Im sitting all 8 FE1s in Oct, im not expecting to get them all but the way I see it is as a practice run and even if i failed some at least ive done the bulk of the work for the resits! I doing the griffith classes in tort and equity but the rest is self study! Am I insane? Is there really THAT much work to do? Also any tips on how to get stuck into studying would be much appreciated! thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭tombren

I too thought that I had failed tort as it was the worse paper I ever sat but got 50% so was quite surprised.
    I was sitting my final four and the only one I hadn't thought I might have failed was criminal which, surprise surprise, I failed by 7%!
    Pretty pissed off as I don't wanna have to repeat as I'm going traveling for the next year. Would it be worth getting a 43% rechecked as its a lot of money when you're travelling but I actually thought I did ok.
    Is it possible that an examiner could make such a mistake or is that just wishful thinking? Has anyone ever heard of a paper being upgraded so much?

(My leaving cert geography was upgraded from a c3 to a b2!!)

if you feel you did a good paper, get it checked, i know €110 is quite alot but people do get brought up. obviously im not saying you will be but one of my mates got brought up from 43% in eu last year. it does happen

June2008 wrote: »
    Im sitting all 8 FE1s in Oct, im not expecting to get them all but the way I see it is as a practice run and even if i failed some at least ive done the bulk of the work for the resits! I doing the griffith classes in tort and equity but the rest is self study! Am I insane? Is there really THAT much work to do? Also any tips on how to get stuck into studying would be much appreciated! thanks!

there is a massive amount of work especially if you're doing 8. most people who attempt 8 have just come straight from their law degree and arent working, personally there's no way i coulda done 8 in one go,but that's me! why go to equity and tort and not the rest?? would defo recommend tort class, but equity is fairly straight forward, can be done through self study, you'd be better off doing class for constitutional, company,eu or property than equity

Well Im not working and I have just come from a law degree! It was always a toss up between equity and constitutional but my equity lecturer was so bad! if anyone has the constitutional griffith notes id gladly take them off ur hands!
    Seriously tho June - August intensive studying then just doing exam qs in sept so hopefully I can make it! like i said im not expecting to get all 8!

still think you're crazy. i know a few ppl who have done all 8 and only passed one. its best to guarantee u pass the 3 first time, i'd recommend four. its less stress on u and you'l realise this come september- seriously! 8 is suicide! :eek:

Carmeii wrote: »
    still think you're crazy. i know a few ppl who have done all 8 and only passed one. its best to guarantee u pass the 3 first time, i'd recommend four. its less stress on u and you'l realise this come september- seriously! 8 is suicide! :eek:

i know what you're saying and in theory do agree with u, i never coulda done 8 but i do know a few (very bright) people who were in the same postion as june2008 and got 8 in one go. it's not impossible but it is quite a task

Ive always gotten High Bs etc in my Law degree with fairly limited study so in my head, it should not be ridiculous to have a good chance when I'm doing more study than I ever have for any exam in my life to just get 50%!! It was my understanding that the FE1 exams were not much more difficult than college law exams but time management and the sheer vastness of the course is what gets people! Is this mistaken? Again, even if I fail ALL 8 and have to repeat at least Ive done the bulk of the work and be able to refine the study for the next sitting!

• Advertisement

June 2008.... did you go to UCC where you had a crap equity lecturer by any chance?????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement