Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Jackthe

just got an email from Independent, they have been advised by the law soc that the results will be out twelve weeks from the last exam, end of june. Like all deadlines.....we'll see........I love the whoosing sound they make when I miss them;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Banana-rama

Hi All,

I was just reading through a lot of the posts from above. New to this whole thing though, so go easy...

Anyway, I was just wondering if people took the Independent College course this time?

I took it and i have to say i found it brilliant! I've sat the exams previously but always end up with 2. I used Griffith before but i was A LOT HAPPIER with the Independent College course. The lecturers are great and the library is SO much better. Definitely be going back (hopefully to sit the remainder!!).

Also, I do remember the results coming out a bit earlier beforehand as i think last year, they were actually out just as the next course was starting...much handier!!

ANyway, good luck to all. See you in Independent next term!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mucria

Guys,

new to this whole thread thing so go easy.

Is anybody selling the griffith/indipendent manuals or copy of it ?

Need: Contract, Property, Equity, Tort (all or any of them)

Thanks a mill!
    Mucri

[Admin edit - Speculation comments removed - carry on nothing to see here :)]

BTW any help for the manuals...need them!! Even a copy would do, would pay for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Banana-rama

Admin edit - removed due to confusion over remoevd posts...

I'm also new to this boards thing, as you may note from my join date or whatever and i am interested in finding out details of the other subjects in Independent. That's why i put up this topic.

Please reply if you have sat EU, Constitutional, & Company in Independent. I'm interested in hearing about the subjects and any tips people picked up or any pitfalls...well, fallen in to.

I say in Indo because i'll be going back there to study anyway, hopefully it's the next round of exams though...

So please do reply if you have anything (even remotely) constructive to say - which unfortunately will probably rule out the last two people - as i'd love to hear about it.

Thanks

Bryan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Heineken pants

Anyone know when the results are out from the April sitting '08. Was given the usual estimated 12 week period by the law society.

Can anyone tell me why the revision courses for the Oct sitting are starting in June when the resullts from April wont even be out by June??? Its ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 this&That

The results for the March/April should be out next week, they always say twelve weeks but thet are always out beforethe end of May. I did my first sitting last May and the letter is dated the 25th.
    In the Oct sitting it was the same, the quote 12 weeks but they were out much earlier.
    My estimation would be this day week..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

o god o god, i will defo be having nightmares tonight now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Jackthe

the last sitting's results were out christmas week, which was approx 10 - 11 weeks after the last exam. Remember there are over a 1,000 people taking the exams and only one examiner with two or three people to assist, if even that. the number of people aren't evenly divided between the subjects and there may be one subject with almost all the participants taking it. So remember this is not the examiners full time job and most of them have end of year exams to set and correct.

So I'm not going to start stalking the postie just yet, I'll wait until mid June before I start chasing the dog to the gate when the postal van pulls up.

by the by most of the prep courses are 18 weeks approx with a break midway so to be ready by the next sitting they have to start early June. Remember the first three weeks of the courses are the easiest to catch up on.

CHeers All,
    p.s. Don't go postal

Thanks for the update about the results. So wat was the general consensus about the exams in April. I did Const, Criminal, Equity and Company. What are the chances of passing company with only 4 questions done:eek:Has anyone been there??? Hopefully Courtney goes easy on me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thecoolfreak

Is there any way of getting the FE1 materials from Idependent or Griffith without having to do the prep course? I've just finished my degree and am looking to get 3 out of the way before I start my LLM in London. Don't think I really need to do the courses but I reckon I'd need the handbooks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 drama

Hi everyone,

Glad to see other people are having same issues as me! Just sat my last (hopefully) three exams in April and waiting to sit the Irish exam in July and I would love to obtain an apprenticeship to start Blackhall in Sept this year provided I get these exams. Am I being too optimistic? I will be looking for a small to medium firm and perferably one that deals with family law.....is there any chance of getting one within a few months? I am coming from the North and not really sure of the procedure to follow down here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Drama,

Best of luck with your endeavours, and I don't think it is impossible that you could be an apprentice and sitting in Blackhall in September. I passed my last FE-1's in the April '06 sitting, I remember my results came out the same day the World Cup started so that was first week in June.

I had no apprenticeship at that stage and was more concerned with watching the football to be honest. Having said that, I did send out about 60 cv & standard covering letters over about a 2 week period, just plucking firms from an old Law Directory. I had a job as law clerk/junior within a couple of weeks and an apprenticeship interview within a couple of days of starting that job. Got the apprenticeship and started and all about a week later. I guess I was lucky though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 drama

Ah thanks a million for that......my heart is soaring reading your message! You were very lucky but I am sure you deserved it as well. Lets hope the same comes true for me but you have definitely given me hope! Fingers crossed the exam results and Irish exam don't throw a spanner in the works :-)

Much appreciated!

dont be worried about the irish exam, it is easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Phoned the Law Society today - no date for the release of the FE1 results, yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Just_talkin

Just sat my first four FE1s in April .. Do many fail first time round ?
    I used Independent Colleges and i have to say they were brilliant ! My issue is that i found both the Company and Contract exams harder than i expected .. i'm praying i pass ! Any recommendation on what i should do if i don't pass should i resit those four or take on new subjects ?
    I have copies of the Company, Contract, Property and Tort Manuals if anybody is interested ?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Starting studying for the fe-1s next week for the october sitting. Am going to take 5 - equity, land, criminal, contract and constitutional. Am I completely bonkers for doing so? Or should I just leave it to four? Oh and another worry is, I have the griffith college notes, are they sufficient? Or will I be required to go through the text books as well? For example for an essay question, will I have to reference academics??

Not going to do any of the griffith/independent college courses either, kind of unsure because such courses might be useful for giving direction to students study, i.e. hints and tips & what areas to focus on?

basically - advice needed!!

does anybody have originals or copy of it ???...I u do pls send me a post, thx!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Just sat my first four FE1s in April .. Do many fail first time round ?
    I used Independent Colleges and i have to say they were brilliant ! My issue is that i found both the Company and Contract exams harder than i expected .. i'm praying i pass ! Any recommendation on what i should do if i don't pass should i resit those four or take on new subjects ?
    I have copies of the Company, Contract, Property and Tort Manuals if anybody is interested ?

Hi there, Id be interested in taking these off you! Thanks alot.

• Advertisement

Hi looking to sell manuals from Griffith for all eight subjects, also have up to date fe1 direct ones for Criminal and Const. Send me a private message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JEM1

Anyone know when the results should be out???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

JEM1 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the results should be out???

From my experience, I predict that the results should be out either the end of the first week in June, or else the start of the second week in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Spoke to the Law School this avo and they said that the results will be out early June i.e. next week!

yea independent colleges left a message on the Google FE1 group page saying the law soc have said they will be released next week! eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thecoolfreak

this&That wrote: »
    Hi looking to sell manuals from Griffith for all eight subjects, also have up to date fe1 direct ones for Criminal and Const. Send me a private message

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hegseleven

If u still need some one to take property or tort id be interested!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Punchesnpeaches

hada wrote: »
    Starting studying for the fe-1s next week for the october sitting. Am going to take 5 - equity, land, criminal, contract and constitutional. Am I completely bonkers for doing so? Or should I just leave it to four? Oh and another worry is, I have the griffith college notes, are they sufficient? Or will I be required to go through the text books as well? For example for an essay question, will I have to reference academics??

Not going to do any of the griffith/independent college courses either, kind of unsure because such courses might be useful for giving direction to students study, i.e. hints and tips & what areas to focus on?

basically - advice needed!!
    I sat 4 in my 1st sitting and I would advise you to sit 5. My 2nd exam did not go well and it really piled the pressure on for the remaining two. At least if you sit 5 you have an extra cushion. If you do start studying soon you'll have plenty of time. That's just what I would do in your situation. Are you working? I kind of feel like I need to do the course because it's good for disciplining yourself but maybe you don't need that. It really depends on you.

Did anyone get results ?

• Advertisement

No, my post usually comes at 9.30 in the mornings and no results here anyway. Id say this week defo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement