Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options
1345346347348349351»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ShamblesB

oh god what a paper for eu! :( does anyone no what question 5 was about and question 6 part (iv)??? Im hoping what i guessed was right! :/

chops018 wrote: »
    Well EU was a disaster.

direct effect didn't come up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

ShamblesB wrote: »
    oh god what a paper for eu! :( does anyone no what question 5 was about and question 6 part (iv)??? Im hoping what i guessed was right! :/

Not even 100% what 5 was about, I mentioned a few things. I said I'd go back and talk about MSL too, but forgot, it probably doesn't even matter I'd say I well failed it.

Question 6 (iv) was art 34 I think, I talked about the Cinetheque case as they had similar facts, then just looked at the national meausre, the freedom it affected (art. 34) and whether it was justified or proportionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Happychicky7

Worst paper Ive seen in any of my exams! Past EU papers were so much more manageable than this one imo. Definite one for the fail books! Please God let Equity be a decent paper!!

i answered it on fmp! Probably wrong! And the second part i referred to emmot v min for social welfare but i dont know if that was relevant at all...

• Advertisement

i thought direct effect was a banker! I had to resort to doing the case note question and i knew about 3 sentences on each! :(

i answered it on fmp! Probably wrong! And the second part i referred to emmot v min for social welfare but i dont know if that was relevant at all...

Did anyone do question 2?

I did EU criminal law before so I just used what I remembered on it, I didn't have it prepared or anything. Did the development of it in the EU then talked about Europol, Eurojust and Dermot Walsh's article on the European Arrest Warrant. Critically analysed the judicial cooperation and mutual recognition stuff from Lisbon too.

Didn't have any cases though, just what happened in 2011 with France seeking extradition of the guy from Ireland (I think).

As bad as this sounds I am hoping it differentiates me a bit, even if my answer wasn't top notch.

thats what i said on question 6 too but i thought it was a meqr!

i didnt do question 2! Did u answer question 5 on free movement of persons or what was the issue there?

i didnt do question 2! Did u answer question 5 on free movement of persons or what was the issue there?

I brought in citizenship, workers, persons, proportionality, deference.

MSL popped into my head after and I said I'd put it in at the end because I knew case law on it and hope to get marked for it, but then I forgot, I'm raging I forgot.

Not sure what it was about at all to be honest.

• Advertisement

i just spoke of fmp and services! And for part 2 i said about emmot although i have no idea where that fits in but i said i would throw it in in the off chance! Never even considered state liability, im raging now too! But it sounds like you got a good bit covered and it sounds relevant!

i just spoke of fmp and services! And for part 2 i said about emmot although i have no idea where that fits in but i said i would throw it in in the off chance! Never even considered state liability, im raging now too! But it sounds like you got a good bit covered and it sounds relevant!

Yeah I threw all those in, but I wasn't able to go in depth into it or couldn't come to a proper conclusion on things. Ah it was a definite fail, no point in fooling myself.

same here :( very depressing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 notjessica

What article did you say q6 part i??

article 30 customs duty and cee's, what about you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DarkHorse1

I was delighted with my paper (and It was my first time sitting the exam) I wouldn t like to have to repeat. I really think the exams are all down to how much work you put in.

Well done! I'm glad someone seems to be happy with it! :) what do you think the main issues in question 5 were? Can't get my head around it!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Caoileann

I also thought it was awful... Mr EU examiner, if you are reading this be extra kind when marking ;) Minor heart attack when I first saw the paper :(

I think darkhorse is trolling.. no one could have liked that lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Found some of the questiona a bit obscure, like ask what I know not what I don't know, competition law question on Art 106, free movement of capital and brussells reg as well as criiminal question where two questions out the window from the start. Really felt strained for time with what I did do.
    Bloody Hristo.

oh tell me about it! What did u say about histro? It was an awful paper! Dreading equity tomorrow, these exams seem to be going from bad to worse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

oh tell me about it! What did u say about histro? It was an awful paper! Dreading equity tomorrow, these exams seem to be going from bad to worse!

Hristo union citizenship and workers.

think i said citizenship ans services! Oopsy! Just got threw off at the start of the paper and panicked a bit, never a good idea! Was part 2 on emmot cotter and mcdermott?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Glinda!

chops018 wrote: »

Yeah I threw all those in, but I wasn't able to go in depth into it or couldn't come to a proper conclusion on things. Ah it was a definite fail, no point in fooling myself.

Chops dono did u sit constitutional in oct but was the exact same scenario completely reworked exam paper where i literally wrote everytin i knew from subjects i did n college not a case or anything quoted . . Was horrified n da exam aftermath at how bad it was defo fail. . And i passed wit flying colours! Every1 got the same paper and are all n same position hating the tough paper ye got but remember the bell curve guys. . Some of ye have to pass!

Oh and defo agree wit caoileann defo some mind ****in goin on wit darkhorse . .Chin up guys ready for the next round. . Ding ding!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭KoukiKeith

I'm not even sure where to start? Between Tort & EU I feel like I've been violated in a nasty, nasty way.

Safe to say that my first attempt of these exams has been a tremendous disaster. Ah well, October it is!

*Edit* Literally just in the door after driving back from Dub & I've only just gone and broken the front window of the house. Let the good times roll!

KoukiKeith wrote: »
    I'm not even sure where to start? Between Tort & EU I feel like I've been violated in a nasty, nasty way.

Safe to say that my first attempt of these exams has been a tremendous disaster. Ah well, October it is!

*Edit* Literally just in the door after driving back from Dub & I've only just gone and broken the front window of the house. Let the good times roll!

sounds like you're having a day like mine... I barely have the will to live after that exam let alone sit here and study equity and contract! Well thats a bit dramatic but u get the gist!I reckon it's because there was a 70pc pass rate last year, they decided to raise the bar a bit! Wat a tricky paper! Oh well, theres always october! Can't wait til all this studying is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fe1ss

That was such a horrible paper. Very cruel. Totally forgot that electricity is considered a good even though it is intangible according to the almelo case agh- that must have been article 30 for Q6i

Did anyone do that lisbon criminal question? I just wrote about the change in the pillars and the abolition. TERRIBLE

Even the competition law question was so difficult- 106?!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭KoukiKeith

sounds like you're having a day like mine... I barely have the will to live after that exam let alone sit here and study equity and contract! Well thats a bit dramatic but u get the gist!I reckon it's because there was a 70pc pass rate last year, they decided to raise the bar a bit! Wat a tricky paper! Oh well, theres always october! Can't wait til all this studying is over!

I don't envy you. Thankfully, today was my last. Am genuinely disgusted by this sitting .... Lesson learned.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement