Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 gerryok1

Stirling wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody who appealed an October exam has heard anything yet? Just starting to get a bit anxious about mine. Thanks :D

hi Stirling, I appealed EU got 48, still waiting... did you hear anything since?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Stirling

No, didn't get an acnowledgment letter either which is why I'm getting anxious

hi, I got a letter alright before Christmas stating that they would be out in Feb sometime, wish it was earlier as I may have to start studying again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 eims05

*Snip*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 redtaz

hi i'm stressed out of my head trying to study for these exams does anyone have criminal griffith college notes for sale i'm in dire needs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭monaghanbiffo

yeah i have the manual i'll sell it to ya pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eyesandears

I did the FE1 Direct seminar last year and found it very useful, I had previously done the griffth course but found the 12 weeks a bit tedious and time consuming. unfortunately have no manuals for sale just sold them last week!! best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 james gamble

That crowd premier exam techniques must have been listening to me. They offering a package now which doesn't sound too bad! One individual grind plus a full day seminar, primary and advanced course in fe-1 exam techniques for €300, booking before the end of January. Now I feel bad slagging them off because I'll probably end up doing it! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 walshy1

Hi James, where did you here that deal. I don't see it on their website?

How long is the individual grind they're offering? I have a cousin who has booked the primary seminar.

Hey Stirling, did you hear anything yet? Getting anxious, thinking I should start studying for EU again... does anyone know how long the appeals take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Amigone

Hey all,

I'm taking Property, Criminal, Contract and Equity in April but worried that I'm leaving the four hardest courses i.e Const, Company, Tort and EU, or the next sitting and that it may work against me. Has anyone done similar and come out the other end sucessfully??

Any advice would be appreciated!

Contract is marked hard, it seems and property is no push over. So I wouldn't say you're leaving the hardest to last, Amigone.

Sorry, Walshy, was away skiing. That website has a Special offers tab on the home page! Which I'm sure you've seen by now. The individual exam techniques grind is for two hours apparantly. I went for the €300 package deal. so will let you know re what's covered. Did you check out the video http://www.premierexamtechniques.ie/video.html

The room looks the part anyway!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 UL_LLB

Hey guys,

I'm looking for the manuals for any of the following: EU Law, Tort & Constitutional Law from either griffith or FE1 Direct - Am looking to get started studying asap but can't seem to get my hands on the books second hand.

Cheers!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭monaghanbiffo

pm me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 eims05

Am selling it for 70euro. Can email me at eims05@yahoo.com if interested.
    UL_LLB wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for the manuals for any of the following: EU Law, Tort & Constitutional Law from either griffith or FE1 Direct - Am looking to get started studying asap but can't seem to get my hands on the books second hand.

Cheers!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Sitting my next four in March, for some reason I'm in an awful panic about the whole thing:( I'm studying pretty well though and I'm gonna go to one of them premier exam techniques seminar. My biggest bugbear is that I just don't want to repeat them:rolleyes:

Gerryok1 - Got my appeal back and no change, wasn't too hopeful there would be a change but at least its only one done. Have you got a traineeship sorted out for October or whats your next move?

Stirling wrote: »
    Gerryok1 - Got my appeal back and no change, wasn't too hopeful there would be a change but at least its only one done. Have you got a traineeship sorted out for October or whats your next move?

Hey Stirling, did not get it either, openedthe books today again, working three days a week from now on to try and get some study in. Doing the FE! direct Seminar for it.. Hopefully this time. Have to think about a traineeship myself. Good luck with it, what one will you be doing?

Sorry to hear that lad, I've Criminal left. Was doing EU, Tort and Criminal last time out and was terrified of failing EU or Tort, thinking Criminal will be grand so Murphys law I pass EU and Tort and fail Criminal. Ah sure its the last one so it could be a whole lot worse. Best of luck with the study and hopefully be seeing you in Blackhall in October! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

wrote: »
    does anyone have any tips for criminal, eu and tort for march/april of this year? what are the main topics for all that i should do and what can i leave out? i don't have any of those griffith study hints! thanks

here's a hint. change your username

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 mrosamabinladen

does anyone have any tips for criminal, eu and tort for march/april of this year? what are the main topics for all that i should do and what can i leave out? i don't have any of those griffith study hints! thanks

Keep an eye on http://www.youtube.com/ Phillip Burke and Val Corbet gave tips for the october fe-1 exams. I'd expect to see some new tips posted soon.

good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Good lord EU is the most boring thing I've ever encountered. Thank God I only have 3 to do for this sitting...

i am the same, i can't read it for more than a half hour without getting up to walk around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

Have spent the last 2 days doing EU. Dont give up, I think it gets a bit more interesting when you get past the first few chapters. The biggest hurdle is the size of some of the chapters though. That's what kills me.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Font22 wrote: »
    Have spent the last 2 days doing EU. Dont give up, I think it gets a bit more interesting when you get past the first few chapters. The biggest hurdle is the size of some of the chapters though. That's what kills me.

Good luck. I found Arts: 80/81/82 ok, kind of interesting. Article's 230/234 quite important in the context of Irish law and jurisprudence. Article's 28/30 fairly handy to learn in addition to case law. Irish aspects of EU law is also relatively short.

It is expected that any student should understand the concepts of Direct Effect, Supremacy and indeed the differences/affects of: Regulations, Decisions and Directives.

Guys one piece of advice, practice questions over and over, did four good q's last itme out and ran out of time on the 5th, I got 48, he is a tough marker. I have heard this from lots of others..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

besty wrote: »
    Good lord EU is the most boring thing I've ever encountered. Thank God I only have 3 to do for this sitting...

It's my favourite to study, I'm not sure why:o Feeling more and more optimistic as the days go by, I'm just looking forward to having them over me at this stage tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Missydoll_29

Hi all

Thanks for the info, im planning on doing the preparatory course at Griffith college for the FE1s. Has anyone else taken it? Also as a non-law graduate is it very tough? would appreciate any comments, thanks:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement