Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final table situation, player requests other players to move around?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Ste05 wrote:
    Group hug??? :D

Could you just move over a little then we could all fit in comfortably for the hug?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

ollyk1 wrote:
    Could you just move over a little then we could all fit in comfortably for the hug?? ;)

no, go fcuk yourself

I'm confortable right here....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

OK, my bad for taking it off topic again, so as Laf says let's get this train wreck back on the tracks. [EDIT: I suppose we can allow just a few exceptions for inclusion into the group hug :D But I'd say this thread is just about to be put out to pasture anyway. It was fun while it ran. I've put it into the Legendary threads list]

P.S. Loving that FYP Mr.Plough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

smurph wrote:
    lol VDTournaments......

Maybe you shouldn't use initials here? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Maybe you shouldn't use initials here? :)
    :o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Is that a picture of the final table players? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

kincsem wrote:
    Is that a picture of the final table players? :)

yup - the little one in the middle is BCB - he looks comfortable enough

• Registered Users Posts: 41 smilingatyou

still dont see wat he did was so wrong.
    maybe if more players were out. grand move!
    but 7 left why should you cramp up beside the one player who nearly always has position on you. so you cant see what hes doing plus the effort of moving, your ass and your stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭AmarilloFats

highlight so far is someone describing the word "cnut" as a figure of speech. I paused and pictured , right here at my desk...Excellent. . ... ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

but 7 left why should you cramp up beside the one player who nearly always has position on you. so you cant see what hes doing plus the effort of moving, your ass and your stack.

Are you for real?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Yes, he was asked to cramp up beside the player to his left. I believe those were the exact words used.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Best thread in months. Imho u should have moved. People are taking this poker lark far too seriously latly.
    still Lmao at Bops post "yup - the little one in the middle is BCB - he looks comfortable enough"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

smurph wrote:
    Okay my 2 Cents here,
    don't start acting like a dick at the poker table, there are enough of them around the scene already.

Speaking of which I see you got stuck with your northy mate on sunday who asked you if you wanted to "stay alive" in the Red Cow a few weeks ago.....remember him,

and to the OP.....I only met you on sunday for the first time, didn't really speak to ya... but me thinks you've shot your self in the cohones with this post and maybe gained an enemy or two

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The Al Lad wrote:
    but me thinks you've shot your self in the cohones with this post and maybe gained an enemy or two

If he has made enemies then they aren't worth having as firends. I mean come on this 'aint the wild west. "fella down in carson city wouldn't move around a bit. Words gettin round though. He'll git himself shot in the back soon enough".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

sikes wrote:
    dancingbananaua9.gif

haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

musician wrote:
    I mean come on this 'aint the wild west. "fella down in carson city wouldn't move around a bit. Words gettin round though. He'll git himself shot in the back soon enough".
    Genuine LOL. :D:D

musician wrote:
    If he has made enemies then they aren't worth having as firends. I mean come on this 'aint the wild west. "fella down in carson city wouldn't move around a bit. Words gettin round though. He'll git himself shot in the back soon enough". <---lol where did ya get this bit

jasus, here we go.......I didn't want to get involved in this debacle so i'll just change my post, instead of saying "enemy" which is a pretty strong word I admit,

I'll just say " you might be thought less of by SOME" ???

ok ???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well it's all about karma init.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

not a problem.
    ty.

• Advertisement

musician wrote:
    Well it's all about karma init.

yeah somethin like that... gg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

popcorn.gif

Oh wait.....am i too late :p

Just found time to read this whole thread and thought that it was like a bad book. It started off pretty good, wobbled in the middle and died a poxy death towards the end.

I dont think Noel did himself any favours by the posting this but i havent changed my opinion of Noel based on this thread. I have however changed my opinions of several posters on here who i felt were way out of order.

Noel puts himself up to be shot at a lot on these boards but he always comes on and explains his reasonings etc whether they be good or bad. He's always tryin to improve himself and since his cash in the IO, he has been on here a lot more.

The reason is that the win has allowed Noel to move up levels and find himself in situations he needs advice for that he may not have met at .50/1 or 1/2 levels. I dont think at any stage he comes across as being better than anyone on here or feel he needs to prove his point or force his opinion on anyone. He has regularly admitted he is wrong in other threads and is open to criticism.

The abuse thrown at him was unwarranted and i understand his decision to not want to move seats. I have never seen the SE remove seats from the FT to make players more comfortable and i regularly see the final 3 or 4 players sitting at opposite ends of the table. I'd personally never asked someone to change seats at a table myself.

Never seen a thread blown so much out of proportion as this one and cant see any reason for it to be left open any longer. Maybe the mods can add a flame thread to the stickies so boardies can just go there and rip the piss out of each other??

Or maybe we can take it here!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=484

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I don't know why there is all this fuss about people being out of order. Most of the insults were directed at his actions and not Noel himself. There was maybe one or two posts that were over the top but thats about it. When you post a thread like this you deserve all the stick you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Flushdraw wrote:

Maybe the mods can add a flame thread to the stickies so boardies can just go there and rip the piss out of each other??

Thats a hella good idea......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I don't know why there is all this fuss about people being out of order. Most of the insults were directed at his actions and not Noel himself. There was maybe one or two posts that were over the top but thats about it. When you post a thread like this you deserve all the stick you get.

I have to say i agree with CS here. I tried to point out to Noel that my comments in this thread were in relation to his actions and i even premised this with comments in my post. I didn't see too much that was out of order in this thread.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Meh

Flushdraw wrote:
    Meh

lolcat_raisebid.jpg

Edit : Might as well finish this thread in true 2+2 style :)

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I think you should have moved it would be rude not too

But i think what is worrying is that you think your angle to the table has an impact on your ability to win. Man postion is king but in relation to the button not to the fixtures

Noel your better than that part of me is convinved that this is some sort of joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

Having just read through this thread now i thought i may as well add my 2 cents

My feelings on the matter come down to this, screw what noel's decision has to do with EV and all that other nerdy poker stuff. Poker is a hobby, it's something that i presume we are all doing because we enjoy (of course the money plays a significant role esp when at a final table) but we all started playing because of our 'love for the game'

Noel's actions have taken away from other players enjoyment of the game, and since it seems to have weighed on his conscious heavily probably his too.

I posted something when i came back from the wsop this year

'i really didn't enjoy the antics of my silent US/UK & Swedish opponents...the more and more i play against poker players, most specifically some of the yanks and the scandies, i decide they're mainly a bunch of assholes!'

I'm sure i've been guilty of this at times as well but just because we are playing poker does not excuse acting like a large % of poker players do, there are of course exceptions and i think that the decent people i have met through poker are some of the very best I've ever met (perhaps because they continue to be good people despite some of the people they spend a large % of their time with)

Noel I met you in Vegas and got on very well with you and despite knowing you liked acting a touch controversially at the poker table i wouldn't have thought you'd have done this in a million years

My main question for you would be if you were on a bus and sitting in a lovely comfy seat and an elderly lady got on the bus and was struggling to stand, would you inform her that you weren't going to get up as you are comfortable?

I think that's a pretty decent comparison

anyway, here's hoping that you learn from your initial post and wouldn't do the same thing again...

gl

• Advertisement

Guess this was not the time for those kind of pictures.

funny_cat_pictures_014.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement