Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final table situation, player requests other players to move around?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭fl&sh

did that guy steal your girlfriend when you were a teenager or what.

pretty childish and bad sportsmanship if you ask me.i'll bet you could have cut the atmosphere with a knife after that.but hey,each to there own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Noel i wasn't going to say anything as i think this is a silly thread, if i was in this situation and asked someone to move a couple of seats and they said no, i'd just get on with the game and hope that i take you out heads up.....
    Selfish bugger....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭MisterMonkey

mr flash that is pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If i quote the post that called BCB a cnut and put a dot under it will i be banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

If i quote the post that called BCB a cnut and put a dot under it will i be banned?

I think you should for that post. But hey, I'm not a mod.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

We'll find out soon enough i guess. :D

Just in case i do, quality levelling BCB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It really was a bit OTT BCB, I don't really give a crap either way but you mention that your taking the game a lot more serious now, Which is fine but this seems a bit too anal for my taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Normally im quite amenable the odd time i make the final table of a live tournament but if i was in a very comfortable position and the position i was being asked to move to was uncomfortable, i wouldnt move. Also it could be a good move if you are the big stack and the little stacks will be out to get you.

Most people just put the table on tilt by talking but you must be one of the first to do it with your ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

To answer Noel's point about giving up a perceived edge. The answer is of course no - you should not give up a perceived edge. It's like asking a player to remove his sunglasses.

I do wonder however, what you want from the post Noel, as we could have predicted the response.

Personally I'm far too well mannered to not move and if I refused to move would probably lose what ever edge I had because I'd be too concerned that everyone would think I was an ex Danish King. There's an e on the end of Cnute.

Next time just tell whoever asks that you have OCD and it's really bad if you're not allowed to sit in seat 4. :D

But a very entertaining if Silly thread.

BTW enjoyed your blog report on your trip to Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

I cant wait till I sit next to Big City Banker in the SE, gona play footsie with him, see how he reacts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

I once saw a starving kid - but it was well within my rate to throw my sandwich I didn't want in the bin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

I'm really lolling at this thread :D

I'd have moved but I don't think it's a big deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

RoundTower wrote:
    When you give up a tiny bit of your comfort to make other people more comfortable, it's called good manners. A bit like not grabbing the last piece of pie without offering other people first.

Would you offer your last Rolo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

Bananna.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Captain Tom

sikes wrote:
    Bananna.jpg

QFT

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'd have moved even though I too prefer 2/3 and 7/8 as seats. The loss of EV from the move is small enough that it doesnt exceed my desire to be a nice guy when I can.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

You were lucky I was not TD as you would have been forced to move, once there is more space around the table it should be utilised for the comfort of all.

If your game is affected by something so small, it is something you need to address.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

No, but consider this a warning as it seems quite obvious the insinuation you are trying to make, albeit veiled.

Ste05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

From seat 4, I angle myself towards the centre of the table, that means my eyes are focussed towards the middle, I can raise my right hand and rest my head/protect my face from those to my right when im in a pot. This makes me more comfortable and makes it easier for me to hide my sick tells. If I move to mid table I am giving up some of my advantage and comfort zone.

Surely the 4 of ye were not squashed into the first 90 degrees from the dealer? Were you not out towards the middle already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

DeVore wrote:
    I'd have moved even though I too prefer 2/3 and 7/8 as seats. The loss of EV from the move is small enough that it doesnt exceed my desire to be a nice guy when I can.

DeV.

"Devore's final thought".

You're like a benevolent uncle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

You should have moved Noel.

I hate the idea in poker, which I think is starting to seep into the Irish scene from across the Atlantic, that you have to used ABSOLUTELY EVERY tiny little edge you can get in order to increase your chances of winning, even if that includes acting like a total and utter dick. I think it's pretty closely related to the whooping and cheering that goes on after big suckouts and the opposite when the c*nts get sucked out on themselves, ie kicking chairs and banging the table.

Just because you're playing for money doesn't mean you should leave your manners at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Rickyroma

Shortstack wrote:

If your game is affected by something so small, it is something you need to address.

I think this is a very important point.

High level sportspeople are coached to only ever worry about what they have control over. Worrying about outside factors which are beyond their control, such as the weather, lane order or venue will merely distract and add unnecessary stress.

You have no control over which seat you are alloted in a tourney. Fair enough most people have a preference, but I think to let it get to the stage where you think you might lose an "edge", perceived or otherwise, based on your seat, is an unnecessary complication.

Will you play worse if allocated a different seat on the next final table? If there is even a possibility of this then issue needs to be addressed.

Any time I find myself stacking chips in a particular order, I have to force myself to ignore them for a while. OCD perhaps, but anything can become an issue if you let it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Fatboydim wrote:
    I do wonder however, what you want from the post Noel, as we could have predicted the response.

Ive discussed it with regulars in the SE who have said i was right not to move and others who said i should have moved. I was looking for a consensus on the issue which I now see to be overwhelming. If I could have predicted the response was gonna be this overwhelming id not have thought twice about starting the thread.

RickyRoma wrote:
    High level sportspeople are coached to only ever worry about what they have control over. Worrying about outside factors which are beyond their control, such as the weather, lane order or venue will merely distract and add unnecessary stress.

I find this interesting in the context of my op. I had control over my table position at this point in time and did not wish to relinquish it.

RickyRoma wrote:
    You have no control over which seat you are alloted in a tourney. Fair enough most people have a preference, but I think to let it get to the stage where you think you might lose an "edge", perceived or otherwise, based on your seat, is an unnecessary complication.

I think you have misrepresented me with the above. i have stated that once I get into a seat, i get comfortable and get on with the show. If im drawn in 5 i dont get stressed over it - i get on with it.
    RickyRoma wrote:
    Will you play worse if allocated a different seat on the next final table? If there is even a possibility of this then issue needs to be addressed.

no.

my general point is that once ive established a position in which im comfortable, relaxed and thinking clearly i would be reluctant to move, as above whether this comes from seat 2, 5 or 7 is imaterial.

I must admit I am very disappointed by some of the responses in this thread. I started the thread in order to gain a consensus on an issue and not to be called everything from an asshole to a dickhead to a ****. I have been a regular player in town and contributor to this forum for a good while now and ive never seen fit to respond to any players question with some of the stuff that has been put my way this evening. Ultimately, I feel it reflects badly on yourselves - but if you are happy with that then I am not going to even begin to counter the way in which you choose to interact with and respond to people.

Those who know me, will always know where they stand in their dealings with me and those who dont know me, well i suppose, i just don't really care about so its no skin off my nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I must admit I am very disappointed by some of the responses in this thread. I started the thread in order to gain a consensus on an issue and not to be called everything from an asshole to a dickhead to a ****. I have been a regular player in town and contributor to this forum for a good while now and ive never seen fit to respond to any players question with some of the stuff that has been put my way this evening. Ultimately, I feel it reflects badly on yourselves - but if you are happy with that then I am not going to even begin to counter the way in which you choose to interact with and respond to people.

Those who know me, will always know where they stand in their dealings with me and those who dont know me, well i suppose, i just don't really care about so its no skin off my nose.

lol @ this coming from you of all people!

a147pro wrote:
    Surely the 4 of ye were not squashed into the first 90 degrees from the dealer? Were you not out towards the middle already?

yes i was in seat 4, and in the proper position. this prolly subconsciously sparked part of my refusal. the request was made on the basis that he couldnt see players in seat 8 and 9 too well and not on the basis of a lack of room/comfort.

lol @ this coming from you of all people!

why? where have you seen me respond to anybodys question with a string of personal obsenities? im pretty sure you were the first person on boards ever to call me a **** but at least you did apologise.

why?

because you are one of the least pleasant posters on the forum?

because you are one of the least pleasant posters on the forum?

oh right - thanks for squaring that one up for me, i can see clearly now, light at end of tunnel and all that lark.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Rickyroma

I think you have misrepresented me with the above. i have stated that once I get into a seat, i get comfortable and get on with the show. If im drawn in 5 i dont get stressed over it - i get on with it.

my general point is that once ive established a position in which im comfortable, relaxed and thinking clearly i would be reluctant to move, as above whether this comes from seat 2, 5 or 7 is imaterial.

Certainly wasn't my intention to misrepresent you.

I now understand that your "comfort zone" was established after rather than before seats were alloted, absolutely fair enough, you answered all my points well.

FWIW I appreciate your contribution to this forum and your conduct on the few occasions we have sat at the same poker table. I think some of the responses on this thread are a bit surprising, and perhaps best taken with a pinch of salt.

• Advertisement

np.

thanks btw, i was on the lookout for a catchy sig.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement