Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final table situation, player requests other players to move around?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

kakak1 wrote:
    with the greatest respect, he started the thread, he asked the question, was answered by most telling him he was wrong and yet he refuses to accept that, what do you expect.
    I expect people to attack the post not the Poster. That warning wasn't aimed at you solely, it's a blanket warning to keep this thread open. If someone doesn't accept other people's opinions even if it is one shared by the majority, that's their prerogative.

People can start threads if they want, they don't have to accept what the majority say.

Ste05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭mrflash

out of order?

he is just saying what most people would think of a guy like this. its a simple matter of common courtesy, and i've met people like this before, with no regard for others. the sad thing about this is that no alone has he been so disrespectful to other players but also has the audacity to post it on the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

kakak1 wrote:
    with the greatest respect, he started the thread, he asked the question, was answered by most telling him he was wrong and yet he refuses to accept that, what do you expect.

Im sorry here - can you please point out where I have refused to accept. I am trying to generate a point of view on it and ive asked certain posters for further input.

Ive also asked for some debate on the below without success as i feel it puts forward a distilled perspective on the situation that when people look at it they have thus far been unable to comment on as it might not align so closely with their earlier held views.
    BCB wrote:
    I find it somewhat odd, that when playing for a 4k first prize that people would readily move away from their comfort zone and in doing so give up what they deem to be some of their advantage in order to accommodate another player moving towards his comfort zone and in doing so assist him in gaining an advantage. It just doesn't make sense to me.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

To elaborate on Ste's point above, warnings have been given, the next person that ignores that and calls anyone here an ahole or cnut or similiar will get a few days cooling off period.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

Noel

This is bad manners plain and simple and smacks a little of gamesmanship and arrogance.

I've played with you on a number of occasions in the past and always found you a pleasant guy. As such I am surprised at this behaviour over a trivial matter. I think, from this post and a number of your other posts (blog included) that you're beginning to believe that you're a superior player to so many others. Relax and lighten up: it's more fun!

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

5starpool wrote:
    To elaborate on Ste's point above, warnings have been given, the next person that ignores that and calls anyone here an ahole or cnut or similiar will get a few days cooling off period.

just for future reference, is it ppl on boards that can't be called names like cnut(as you put) or anyone???

mrflash wrote:
    out of order?

he is just saying what most people would think of a guy like this. its a simple matter of common courtesy, and i've met people like this before, with no regard for others. the sad thing about this is that no alone has he been so disrespectful to other players but also has the audacity to post it on the web.

im loling at this one on many levels also.

im loling at this one on many levels also.

do you even know what lol stands for - cause if you did - u'd know that loling makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Ace2007 wrote:
    just for future reference, is it ppl on boards that can't be called names like cnut(as you put) or anyone???
    Just use common sense, it'll go a long way around here. But generally calling someone a cnut is quite a strong slur on someone's character.

Ste05

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

This is such a pointless thread. The facts are so simple so would people stop making personal attacks at the poster.

He was technically within his rights not to move. The right ettiquette would have been to move but we are all guilty of not being completely mannerely at some stage. Im sure the tiredness and grind of the tourney got to Noel as I have always found him good craic at a table.

Get over it girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

I find it somewhat odd, that when playing for a 4k first prize that people would readily move away from their comfort zone and in doing so give up what they deem to be some of their advantage in order to accommodate another player moving towards his comfort zone and in doing so assist him in gaining an advantage. It just doesn't make sense to me.
    thoughts on this perspective?

personally I'm comfortable at any seat on a poker table except the dealer's seat.

Maybe you should start wearing the baseball hat, sunglasses & a hoodie for the times you won't be in seat 4. They all know now you're outside your "comfort zone" in any other position. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Captain Tom

Ace2007 wrote:
    do you even know what lol stands for - cause if you did - u'd know that loling makes no sense

im damn sure he's loling now anyway.

Ste05 wrote:
    Just use common sense, it'll go a long way around here. But generally calling someone a cnut is quite a strong slur on someone's character.

Ste05

i know but i was just making fun out of dom, since he called someone that in a previous thread not so long ago

Ace2007 wrote:
    It is mostly when used to attack posters, or if used to provoke a response from someone else here. Other times it is usually not appropriate and sometimes a warning will be issues. I am sure there are times when no warnings have been given, and speaking personally I know I will try to be more careful in future not to let the heat of the moment affect things.

Smart arse.

The right ettiquette would have been to move but we are all guilty of not being completely mannerely at some stage.

If you mean at a poker table speak for yourself

please don't knock me out of the FO tonight...

Ace2007 wrote:
    i know but i was just making fun out of dom, since he called someone that in a previous thread not so long ago
    Technically that is trolling, but I will let you away with it this time, despite being tempted. I'll just give you a slap next time I see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Well sorry Kakak, I'll be expecting your gospel to be published soon.

you just like to try and insult people. what is your problem. i just read istanbuls post and with the way your are responding to most posts, i am beginning to think that his post is very insightful.

as regards the bit about your comfort zone and the first prize, i have won from numerous different seating positions at final tables. i do have a preferred seat but it certainly will not affect my game if i have to move around a bit. imo, either istanbul is right or else its time you grew up and realised that most people do try and accommodate others with little gestures of respect such as giving someone a little more space at a poker table

I think, from this post and a number of your other posts (blog included) that you're beginning to believe that you're a superior player to so many others.

Id hate for this to come across as its certainly not how i feel nor is it the persona i am trying to represent. I have been taking poker far more serious for the past 6-8 months so possibly its an offshoot of this.
    CptTOm wrote:
    im damn sure he's loling now anyway.

nh, wp.
    Kakak wrote:
    personally I'm comfortable at any seat on a poker table except the dealer's seat.

Maybe you should start wearing the baseball hat, sunglasses & a hoodie for the times you won't be in seat 4. They all know now you're outside your "comfort zone" in any other position. .

fine, but this doesnt address the point im trying to make. maybe i will buy a string of hoodies for myself

• Advertisement

Ste05 wrote:
    But generally calling someone a cnut is quite a strong slur on someone's character.
    Ste05

Actually it could be taken as a compliment, it's quite a useful thing to have around :D:D

point taken, I apologise for the use of the word, it wasn't meant literally more as a figure of speech to show my annoyance at what I perceived as arrogance

mrflash wrote:
    you just like to try and insult people. what is your problem.

ok - can you clarify if this is aimed at me? if it is aimed at me would you mind to take the time to elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

5 star thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

............elaborate?

care to elaborate?

care to elaborate?

yeah, trickyd said it didnt make sense on many levels - I asked him to elaborate on it. Is this what your referring to or is it something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

If a person was dropped from space and this situation was taken in a vacum it would not make sense. The point is this is not the case. When in a situation like this most people do take into account non cold calculating factors like common courtesy , manners , respect etc etc

I mean slow rolling someone in a game may gain you an advantage by tilting the other player in the hand but few agree that its ok to do.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

I don't really have an opinion on the above only to say I would have moved but your within your rights..

Something similar happened to me at one stage only worse... 4 players left final table of a tourney I'm in seat one stuck in the corner. Seat 2 and 3 are vacent.... I decided to take out the seat from seat 3 allowing me to to move my chair around to the end of the table and another player objected and got a ruling and I was made move back.... I told him in no uncertain terms what I thought of him and he got a ruling on that too..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

Hi Noel

if i was the other fella in seat 9 or whatever and i asked if you would move and you said no, coz you are comfortable where you were - that'd be fine with me - who am i to get you to move from where you want to be?

if it made him/others a bit tilty - all the better!

if you were doing it to just be a pr1ck (which doesn't seem the case), well then you'd just be a pr1ck :)

big lol @ all the posters who think your a nasty man - coz you're about as nasty as noddy

well done with the result btw - i hope you sent vera a nice bunch of flowers

bops wrote:

if i was the other fella in seat 9 or whatever and i asked if you would move and you said no, coz you are comfortable where you were - that'd be fine with me - who am i to get you to move from where you want to be?

Id have a similar line of thought.
    bops wrote:
    if it made him/others a bit tilty - all the better!

not my intention. I was more likely to be the one to tilt had i moved and become uncomfortable
    bops wrote:
    if you were doing it to just be a pr1ck (which doesn't seem the case), well then you'd just be a pr1ck :)

ya - agree
    bops wrote:
    well done with the result btw - i hope you sent vera a nice bunch of flowers

thanks bops - Myself and Halfbaked sent her a rather large bunch of flowers today.

• Advertisement

ok - can you clarify if this is aimed at me? if it is aimed at me would you mind to take the time to elaborate?
    yes it is aimed at you, and no i don't care to elaborate. read back through the whole thread and you'll see why yourself. including one very thorough quote to one of my posts. And after reading a post which says you did very well, and by the sounds of it, you won it, then i see what this is all about. its you bragging to all of us, that you wouldnt move and as a result you won the tournament and so on and so on. just a big brag. i was afraid that this might be the case all along.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement