Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final table situation, player requests other players to move around?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Noel, is this one of those reverso threads? Are you the 'villain' here? Is a certain guy that was slated in another thread involved? ;)

I just have a funny feeling your levelling us here.

I know a poster said he saw this, but it's possible he doesn't know you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

opr wrote:
    Man your an *ssh*le.

opr

just be polite and move like any normal person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

mdwexford wrote:
    Did you know the guy Noel and would it have made a difference if you did??

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Lazare wrote:
    Noel, is this one of those reverso threads? Are you the 'villain' here? Is a certain guy that was slated in another thread involved? ;)

That was my thought as well lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

why should i give up my comfort zone?
    I am tired also - ahy should i give up my comfort for the benefit of others?
    When you give up a tiny bit of your comfort to make other people more comfortable, it's called good manners. A bit like not grabbing the last piece of pie without offering other people first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Lazare wrote:

no i genuinely refused to move. I'm not an unreasonable individual, if somebody makes a reasonable request and I can entertain them then I will. I thought he was asking for a bit much at this juncture. Then when he started throwing a strop and being slightly obnoxious he wouldnt have moved me for all the rice in China. (at this point it was stubborness)

MD - Im pretty sure id have refused to move even if i knew the individual. There are 7 players left at this point. If there are less players and I can move to a position I deem to be as comfortable then Im sure I would move.

Dom - i dont think its less likely that i cash or my position alters if i change seat. BUT I can be sure of this. I dont want to take my mind from the game at hand by moving - likewise i dont think other players should take their eye off the ball by letting this upset them - on this basis i dont make such requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

interesting thread. so basically you didn't want to move and everyone else did - just wondering had you not been in the way, would you have protested against someone else moving if it meant you couldn't "protect [your] face from those to [your] right when [your] in a pot"? and would you be within you rights to prevent them moving?

Ace2007 wrote:
    interesting thread. so basically you didn't want to move and everyone else did

are you for real? One individual asked to move, not the whole table.

Ace2007 wrote:
    - just wondering had you not been in the way, would you have protested against someone else moving if it meant you couldn't "protect [your] face from those to [your] right when [your] in a pot"? and would you be within you rights to prevent them moving?

I would not have objected and I doubt very much if I chose to object if my objection would hold any ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Ace2007 wrote:
    interesting thread. so basically you didn't want to move and everyone else did - just wondering had you not been in the way, would you have protested against someone else moving if it meant you couldn't "protect [your] face from those to [your] right when [your] in a pot"? and would you be within you rights to prevent them moving?

There's a good question, have you been eating a lot of oily fish lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

p1ss poor manners imo, apart from not quite making sense on a few levels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

are you for real?

for some bizarre reason i thought there were 4 of yis left, don't ask me why i thought this....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I also think that you should of just moved, and if I was the player who asked you to move I would of thought you were a right little so and so.

Its not a big deal to move around, its common courtesy and I think what you did was poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Just seen this now. You were being a total díckhead. No need for it.

tricky D wrote:
    not quite making sense on a few levels

elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Captain Tom

as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

why not remove seats 5 and 6 and have seats 7, 8 and 9 move closer to you? that way you don't have to move, seat 1 can now see whats going on and no loss of courtesy on your part...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭mrflash

The thing here is that all replies are being answered in a 'i know i was right' fashion. The facts are that almost every reply says you should have moved. so the majority of people believe you were wrong not to move.

mrflash wrote:
    The thing here is that all replies are being answered in a 'i know i was right' fashion.

well clearly if i didnt think that id have moved in a heartbeat last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

I can raise my right hand and rest my head/protect my face from those to my right when im in a pot.

You must be afraid they'll recognise a Dickhead when they see one

Thoughts on the whole situation? I feel I was within my rights to refuse and would personally refuse to move again in the same situation arose.

And a stubborn one at that.
    Am I out of order?

You asked the question and youv'e been given the answer by 90% of those who replied. You were wrong, you were ignorant, you lacked table etiquette and you are a selfish cnut. I'm not 13 / 14 but in my 50's. I hope I never meet you at a Poker table. I'd hate to be stranded on a desert island with you, first come first served. Have you no feelings for other humans, are you so self centered. Win at all cost and feck the begrudgers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭HeeHawsCantona

LOL @ this thread

NH Noel WP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭mrflash

kakak1 wrote:

I can raise my right hand and rest my head/protect my face from those to my right when im in a pot.

You must be afraid they'll recognise a Dickhead when they see one

Thoughts on the whole situation? I feel I was within my rights to refuse and would personally refuse to move again in the same situation arose.

And a stubborn one at that.
    Am I out of order?

You asked the question and youv'e been given the answer by 90% of those who replied. You were wrong, you were ignorant, you lacked table etiquette and you are a selfish cnut. I'm not 13 / 14 but in my 50's. I hope I never meet you at a Poker table. I'd hate to be stranded on a desert island with you, first come first served. Have you no feelings for other humans, are you so self centered. Win at all cost and feck the begrudgers

excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭HeeHawsCantona

Also the language used by several individuals on this thread is disgraceful and needs to be looked at.

kakak1 wrote:

genuine lol at this.

also ive bolded the part above which shows just how classy an individual you are. I could go through the whole thread but am not bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

kakak1 wrote:

I think your out of order here. To be honest I'm surprised at some posters strong responses to this thread. Admitedly there is an argument that Noel was a little inconsiderate, but to call him a selfish cnut is a little harsh.

I personally would have moved, and I think that if the situation arose again possibly so would Noel. I think tiredness after a long day might have played some part in it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

OK, let's all calm down, BCB didn't exactly commit Mass Genocide or slowroll someone repeatedly, let's keep it Civil.

Ste05

genuine lol at this.

also ive bolded the part above which shows just how classy an individual you are. I could go through the whole thread but am not bothered.

Go through it, but if you can't get the message from all the replies, having asked the question in the first place, you're lacking somewhere along the line.

HalfBaked wrote:
    I personally would have moved, and I think that if the situation arose again possibly so would Noel. I think tiredness after a long day might have played some part in it to.

indeed

Ste05 wrote:
    OK, let's all calm down, BCB didn't exactly commit Mass Genocide or slowroll someone repeatedly, let's keep it Civil.

Ste05

with the greatest respect, he started the thread, he asked the question, was answered by most telling him he was wrong and yet he refuses to accept that, what do you expect.

indeed

Ah! starting to sink in Noel is it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

elaborate?
    No. Most of the reasons have already been mentioned.

Or to put it your way: No I don't have to, it doesn't say that I have to in the rules......etc (throws rattle out of pram)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement