Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

E10 + E5 scalps in DCU tonight (Monday) if anyones interested. Should be a laugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

do u have to be a student in dcu???

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

Ace2007 wrote: »
    do u have to be a student in dcu???

Meh it's reading week so I'll probably turn a blind eye tonight.

TBH we don't have an issue with non DCU students playing, I mean if someone wants to bring some mates from DIT or UCD or whatever that's fine.
    We just feel that students who are in DCU should join the society if they wanna play. It's only fair really...

Anyways Ace you're in DCU last time I checked??? You bringin some friends down tonight or somethin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jim_Cannon

Hey, thanks for the advice before! I'm presuming that the regular weekly tournaments in the Fitz aren't on during their November Poker Festival thing - am I right?

If that's the case, can anyone tell me what the Jackpot's Wednesday night €45 freezeout is like? And can you just sign up there to be a member on the night?

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Jim_Cannon wrote: »
    If that's the case, can anyone tell me what the Jackpot's Wednesday night €45 freezeout is like? And can you just sign up there to be a member on the night?

Thanks again!

€400 added, usually 30-40 runners and yeah ya can sign up on the nite, make sure ya have passport/driving licence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I am so teh value in dublin poker this last 10 months! I managed to last a total of 2 hands in the SE €100 FO.

Myself and Oberon managed to get 2800 a piece in with the flop Jc 10c 7. Oberon moves allin in the dark before the turn. Turn is a 7x. Anyone who knows Oberon knows that he could do this with any flush or staright draw, air and a hand sometimes. I call with AJ an he has JJ. Nh wp Obi.

So i leggit around the Fitz to play their round of each game. Down to the last 4 and the aggro big stack pots from the CO to 7k. Blinds 1k/2k. I call from the button with 77. I could raise but happy to play a flop against him because he has a huge tell when he's bluffing and he seems to be a bit of a donk.

Vivian then goes all in for 30k and shorty on 15k passes. Big stack playing 115k calls. I'm playing 80k and i pass. Viv has AJ. big stack has KQo, Board comes 75428....sick

I then bluff off 20k, followed by getting rivered for another 20k and end up allin for 28k with 7643ds against KQQJ and finish 4th for €330

I play so bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Flushdraw wrote: »
    I am so teh value in dublin poker this last 10 months! I managed to last a total of 2 hands in the SE €100 FO.

Myself and Oberon managed to get 2800 a piece in with the flop Jc 10c 7. Oberon moves allin in the dark before the turn. Turn is a 7x. Anyone who knows Oberon knows that he could do this with any flush or staright draw, air and a hand sometimes. I call with AJ an he has JJ. Nh wp Obi.

So i leggit around the Fitz to play their round of each game. Down to the last 4 and the aggro big stack pots from the CO to 7k. Blinds 1k/2k. I call from the button with 77. I could raise but happy to play a flop against him because he has a huge tell when he's bluffing and he seems to be a bit of a donk.

Vivian then goes all in for 30k and shorty on 15k passes. Big stack playing 115k calls. I'm playing 80k and i pass. Viv has AJ. big stack has KQo, Board comes 75428....sick

I then bluff off 20k, followed by getting rivered for another 20k and end up allin for 28k with 7643ds against KQQJ and finish 4th for €330

I play so bad!

sadly are u still not up for the night therfore you play real good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Hey, thanks for the advice before! I'm presuming that the regular weekly tournaments in the Fitz aren't on during their November Poker Festival thing - am I right?

true for the most part.
    scalps will be on friday for those that aren't playing the 1500 event.
    double chance will be on tuesday of next week for those that aren't women.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Flushdraw wrote: »
    I am so teh value in dublin poker this last 10 months!

Just as well we rarely play together anymore then, we'd compete to see who the biggest donk is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

can anyone tell me what the Jackpot's Wednesday night €45 freezeout is like? And can you just sign up there to be a member on the night?

Thanks again!

Best value tourney of the week in my opinion. It's basically around 25% added to the prizepool or 10 players that you don't have to beat to win their money, which is incredible value in any man's language.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

so whats on tonight, is there another sat for the 1k game in the SE, whats on in the fitz this festival time, and is there a 2/5 nl cash game in the jackpot, does that get many.

am gonna go to one of these i think, not sure what yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

so whats on tonight, is there another sat for the 1k game in the SE

Yes there is Rob afaik. I'm hoping to get a ticket tonight myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

, and is there a 2/5 nl cash game in the jackpot, does that get many.

its pot limit although im sure they will accomadate you with nl, they did have a decent nl game on friday night

whats on in the fitz this festival time
    I think it is the ladies event, but I'm not sure. Why there is a ladies event in the first place is beyond me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

5starpool wrote: »
    I think it is the ladies event, but I'm not sure. Why there is a ladies event in the first place is beyond me though.

For any festival that has a ladies only event the rest of the festival should be men only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

http://www.fitzwilliamcardclub.com/upcomingpoker.html

I think it's a pot limit texas holdem tonight Dom, check link above, Next Tuesday is the ladies event.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

CHL's 75 game anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

anyone have the structure for the fitz tonight? any ideas on how many runners?!

thanks mary....

no problem dave:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

smurph wrote: »
    http://www.fitzwilliamcardclub.com/upcomingpoker.html

I think it's a pot limit texas holdem tonight Dom, check link above, Next Tuesday is the ladies event.......

Cheers Smurph, I knew it was on a Tuesday alright, but I can't access the website at work.

You playing tomorrow night?

Cheers Smurph, I knew it was on a Tuesday alright, but I can't access the website at work.

You playing tomorrow night?

considering the amount of time people call me when im betting with air I might as well because I obviously play my cards face up anyway.

The Fitz, you can't beat it...... One of the regular players said to me before I went on holidays, all hands are 50 50, you either Win or you lose...... The only race most of them know is to the coctail sausages at the break, so this could be quite interesting.

Im not playing in the €1,500 game, tried the satellites and almost won a ticket, but no cigar, and I don't know about the ladies only event next week either? Will definitely be playing the Sunday €300 game though

Were going to Waherford next week so need to save have some money for the weekend there.

bohsman wrote: »
    For any festival that has a ladies only event the rest of the festival should be men only.

what about the over 50's game aswell, should all other games be for under 50's aswell?

u playin the over 50's game smurph??

The Fitz, you can't beat it...... One of the regular players said to me before I went on holidays, all hands are 50 50, you either Win or you lose

adam a.k.a thechamp87?

u playin the over 50's game smurph??

Young'un's these days..... with their cassette players, and their sunglasses on indoors,

Young'un's these days..... with their cassette players, and their sunglasses on indoors,

whats a cassette player?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

whats a cassette player?

haha lol. didnt know you were funny donal!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

what about the over 50's game aswell, should all other games be for under 50's aswell?

Im not sure, at least with an over 50s game theres a point to it, poker is very mentally draining, younger people should have an advantage, men v women there shouldn't be any such problems, it just seems derogatory to me. I know a lot of women who are far better than most male players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,194 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

bohsman wrote: »
    I know a few women who are far better than most male players.

Advertisement