Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

smurph wrote: »
    Young'un's these days..... with their cassette players, and their sunglasses on indoors,
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    whats a cassette player?

you got owned pretty hard here smurph, you best reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

you got owned pretty hard here smurph, you best reply.

Ask my dad Niall "The Poet" Murphy........

bohsman wrote: »
    Im not sure, at least with an over 50s game theres a point to it, poker is very mentally draining, younger people should have an advantage, men v women there shouldn't be any such problems, it just seems derogatory to me. I know a lot of women who are far better than most male players.

I agree there Bohsman, there shouldn't be a a different game for men and women, but I also believe that there shouln't be an over 50's game. TJ Cloutier, Doyle Brunson, Dan Harrington are but a few over 50's that could destroy most poker games they play......

To be honost I don't think i'll play in the Fitz game

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

TJ Cloutier, Doyle Brunson, Padraig Harrington

Dan...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Ask my dad Niall "The Poet" Murphy........

I dont believe you. Are you levelling me or trying to own me by getting me to ask the question?

Ok i'll ask. Is Niall "The Poet" Murphy really your dad?.
    If so i never knew that although i am well aware he is a real charachter with the cassette player an all.

• Advertisement

I dont believe you. Are you levelling me or trying to own me by getting me to ask the question?

Ok i'll ask. Is Niall "The Poet" Murphy really your dad?.
    If so i never knew that although i am well aware he is a real charachter with the cassette player an all.

No I was bluffing:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 charmedp3

bohsman wrote: »
    Im not sure, at least with an over 50s game theres a point to it, poker is very mentally draining, younger people should have an advantage, men v women there shouldn't be any such problems, it just seems derogatory to me. I know a lot of women who are far better than most male players.

Hope ye think I one of them lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Was just looking at The Jackpot's website and they seem to have removed the 400 added from tonight's tourney there! Anyone know if there is still 400 added tonight or is it just back to normal? I know they removed the added money from Friday alright but wasn't aware they had removed it from Wednesday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Was just looking at The Jackpot's website and they seem to have removed the 400 added from tonight's tourney there! Anyone know if there is still 400 added tonight or is it just back to normal? I know they removed the added money from Friday alright but wasn't aware they had removed it from Wednesday too.

ill ask sarah for ya
    now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

the friday added money has been gone for a while, but the 400 was still added last wednesday.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

thinking of heading to the jackpot tonight. as been a while. numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

was talking to sarah there money is still added.

as for numbers usually around four tables

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭jackdaniels55

hi only just found out that money is not added at the jackpot tonight sorry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

whats on in the aquarium tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

hi only just found out that money is not added at the jackpot tonight sorry
    I believe anto over you, sorry it may not be added but the less players that show up it increases the EV for the rest of us

a-k-47 wrote: »
    whats on in the aquarium tonight?

Decent game in the SE actually. 100 double chance as its the 2nd Thursday of the month. I may attend hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

Has anyone any ideas on how many tickets the super sat in the Fitz will generate tonight...?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Is there def a supersat on tonight in the Fitz? I thought it was just a seniors event?

If it is on Russh, last time there were 55 or so runners, 3x1500 tickets, 3x500 tickets, 2x300 credits and an added EOM ticket. I got knocked out at 5am in 6th, so I won't be playing tonight I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

Not 100% sure if there's one on, but it's up on their website....

Jeez...5am is a bit late for a super sat and then play tomorrow and hopefully Saturday...might give it a miss...

Are the 500 tickets for Saturday game only or can you use it for part buyin for ME...?

You can use them for any event you like afaik. If it is on the website then it is on, I just thought it wasn't, but can't check the website from here.

• Advertisement

How late would the 100 double chance in the SE go on til, anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

anyone know what game JP is running this weekend? and where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

ditpoker wrote: »
    anyone know what game JP is running this weekend? and where?

I have a game on in Molloys, Tallaght on Saturday.

Reg 1:30, game 2pm.

€30 with one rebuy at €30.

Starting stack 3000, early bird 500 until end of the first level.
    Rebuy or topup 5000.

Blinds 15 min for first 6 levels, then 20 min.

Can anyone confirm that the Sat is on tonight in the Fitz. Not assed ringing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

afaik it is on, im going in anyway, will play SE if its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

just rang the fitz,according to the delightfully accented lady on the desk the seniors event starts at 6 and there is a super satellite for the main event starting at 8pm

Hammertime wrote: »
    just rang the fitz,according to the delightfully accented lady on the desk the seniors event starts at 6 and there is a super satellite for the main event starting at 8pm

"8pm"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Hammertime wrote: »
    delightfully accented lady

???

Must be one of the Gosia's I would imagine.

• Advertisement

Is the 100FO at CHL's still getting loads of runners? I will probably make an overdue appearance this evening.

Advertisement