Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

5starpool wrote: »
    Is the 100FO at CHL's still getting loads of runners? I will probably make an overdue appearance this evening.

I'll probably heading in also,

Who's going

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

Is the 100FO at CHL's still getting loads of runners? I will probably make an overdue appearance this evening.

Yeah still getting a good crowd as far as I know. I think I'll head into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

thechamp87 wrote: »
    Yeah still getting a good crowd as far as I know. I think I'll head into this.

what happened to playing the fitz 1.5K?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Ace2007 wrote: »
    what happened to winning the fitz 1.5K?

fyp

Ace2007 wrote: »
    what happened to playing the fitz 1.5K?

lol. going to play tomorrow I think.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ya, I am in the monkey game as well.

I think I might venture to the SE to play the donk tourney after a couple of bottles of Erdinger in Doyles, well as many as I can consume after work. The tournament is actually quite good an hour or so after the break. Before the break is as crazy as leaving a UVF man and an IRA man in a room with a scissors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Can see a great turnout due to the 1500 game, has been getting 40+ anyway.

Scalps is on as well tonight so might not be much extra spill over. I will be in anyways Oscar unless I fall asleep or something daft like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

bohsman wrote: »
    Can see a great turnout due to the 1500 game, has been getting 40+ anyway.

Can or can't? Iam going to SE or CHLs depending on your response (and of course dependant on getting a hall pass)

• Advertisement

Can or can't? Iam going to SE or CHLs depending on your response (and of course dependant on getting a hall pass)

can i think

Can. I would expect 50+ anyway.

What time do you have to be there by to get the bonus chips Oscar?

8.20 and my name's not Oscar :rolleyes:

thanks oscar ;)

Do you want some kind of award for that? A grammy, say?

AFAIK you get them if you are at the table when the first hand is dealt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Lazare

BA DOOM TISH:)

Abused by a mod :eek:

I'll get my coat ......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

No bonus any more as far as i'm aware - none last week anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

bohsman wrote: »
    AFAIK you get them if you are at the table when the first hand is dealt.

REALLY????

Hyzepher wrote: »
    No bonus any more as far as i'm aware - none last week anyway

I was there last week and there were...

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

so anyone know who took this down?

aodea wrote: »

Managed 4th for €450, but that's not saying much as The general was 5th lol.

Lazare was CL when I left (he knoced me out - I have 53k - he has 57k. He's sb on my bb 4 handed. he's been very active and playing well. 1 orbit previous to last hand Im short with 35k at the 4k/2k/400 stage and I told the table I would go AI if my blind was raised, he obliged by making it 10k, i find pocket KK and he folds after a dwell. This time I find pocket 44s. He deliberately annouces that he's ust limping this time. I push again, this time he calls with pocket 6s. The man is a Jedi Soul Reader.)

Had one nicely timed pot when Eddie joins our table with about 18 left. He brings a lot of chips to the table and I just cover him. I open for 3 bbs with AA, Eddie calls on his BB after some thought. Flop comes down Axx and Eddie insta pushes A5 and is drawing dead.

Viv was really unlucky on the FT. He missed a few flops and was being chipped away at. He is still healthy enough when it all goes in, his 10s v 2s. Flop brings a 2 and he bubbled.

Good tourney as ever, good fun etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

eddie the eagle? lol i miss that guy. i think value town is overused a little, but when he's at a cash table, its generally the sickest valuetown ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Lazare

aodea wrote: »

Pretty annoyed with myself for taking second in this last night.

HU went on for about an hour and a half, mostly small ball stuff back and forth. My opp was playing very tight, was very hard to get paid off. Towards the end I started getting very aggro, I had a slight lead and started raising every pot, he eventually played back at me, I had A6, he had A9. Got back up to level from that shortly after, then with a slight lead again got it in with A3s against A9. That left me with less than a BB.

Happy enough I s'pose, but I should've won it.

VUL Anto, the guy that knocked you out won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

ianmc38 wrote: »
    eddie the eagle? lol i miss that guy. i think value town is overused a little, but when he's at a cash table, its generally the sickest valuetown ever.

Playing the SE 100 DC the other night at the start of level 6 Eddie had 40K+ four times the average stack - he was in the cash game by the time Level 7 started.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭FedFrank2

Lazare wrote: »
    Pretty annoyed with myself for taking second in this last night.

HU went on for about an hour and a half, mostly small ball stuff back and forth. My opp was playing very tight, was very hard to get paid off. Towards the end I started getting very aggro, I had a slight lead and started raising every pot, he eventually played back at me, I had A6, he had A9. Got back up to level from that shortly after, then with a slight lead again got it in with A3s against A9. That left me with less than a BB.

Happy enough I s'pose, but I should've won it.

VUL Anto, the guy that knocked you out won it.

Enjoyed the game last nite, I was the lad who came third, almost falling asleep at the wheel driving home! It took me a long time to get going, was carddead most of the night and started the final table with about 15k, then ran quite well and picked up some nice pots. Didnt think the bubble would ever burst!

Couple of bad beats on that final table, I was very lucky with the 22 V 1010. Nice playing with you lads.

Kevin.

• Advertisement

FedFrank2 wrote: »
    Enjoyed the game last nite, I was the lad who came third, almost falling asleep at the wheel driving home! It took me a long time to get going, was carddead most of the night and started the final table with about 15k, then ran quite well and picked up some nice pots. Didnt think the bubble would ever burst!

Couple of bad beats on that final table, I was very lucky with the 22 V 1010. Nice playing with you lads.

Kevin.

you guys went in and didn't tell me????
    did tony and ridge go aswell kev? how much for third...

Advertisement