Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lazare wrote: »
    Pretty annoyed with myself for taking second in this last night.

HU went on for about an hour and a half, mostly small ball stuff back and forth. My opp was playing very tight, was very hard to get paid off. Towards the end I started getting very aggro, I had a slight lead and started raising every pot, he eventually played back at me, I had A6, he had A9. Got back up to level from that shortly after, then with a slight lead again got it in with A3s against A9. That left me with less than a BB.

Happy enough I s'pose, but I should've won it.

VUL Anto, the guy that knocked you out won it.

well done conor - where they many runners for this....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭pierce hard

Ace2007 wrote: »
    you guys went in and didn't tell me????
    did tony and ridge go aswell kev? how much for third...

Yea, i made a brief appearance at this. Unfortunately AA<QQ and it was an early night for me. I resisted the temptation to play cash and went home early.
    al

FedFrank2 wrote: »
    Enjoyed the game last nite, I was the lad who came third, almost falling asleep at the wheel driving home! It took me a long time to get going, was carddead most of the night and started the final table with about 15k, then ran quite well and picked up some nice pots. Didnt think the bubble would ever burst!

Couple of bad beats on that final table, I was very lucky with the 22 V 1010. Nice playing with you lads.

Kevin.
    Yea, i made a brief appearance at this. Unfortunately AA<QQ and it was an early night for me. I resisted the temptation to play cash and went home early.
    al

surely the €1500 FO in the fitz would mean more to you guys... €100 must be pennys....

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭FedFrank2

surely the €1500 FO in the fitz would mean more to you guys... €100 must be pennys....

ha! havent been paid yet donal....did u go into it?

FedFrank2 wrote: »
    ha! havent been paid yet donal....did u go into it?

eh no... my work placement starts in feburary... so i'm broke....:D:D u get much for 3rd - btw i take it u don' use PM's at all..... - see where is says Welcome, FreFrank2....

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ianmc38 wrote: »
    eddie the eagle? lol i miss that guy. i think value town is overused a little, but when he's at a cash table, its generally the sickest valuetown ever.

Nah, this was Eddie Leech, older man with a beard. Likes playing Omaha badly.

so whose left - is it the final table...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

In Lukes game? I presume you are randomly switching to talk about the Fitz 1500 game? Denise said last night they were playing to the FT, but I seen a post somewhere else that said there were 10 left, maybe it got too late. When I left last night after popping in for a look there were 15 left with blinds at 150/300/25, so an average stack of over 100BB's, so it would be damn slow going.

Anyone else playing the monkey game this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

5starpool wrote: »
    Anyone else playing the monkey game this evening?

Yes. I'm afraid you'll have to settle for 2nd Dom.

thechamp87 wrote: »
    Yes. I'm afraid you'll have to settle for 2nd Dom.

and third for urself Adam....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

I am a fish

good man

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Lazare wrote: »
    Pretty annoyed with myself for taking second in this last night.

HU went on for about an hour and a half, mostly small ball stuff back and forth. My opp was playing very tight, was very hard to get paid off. Towards the end I started getting very aggro, I had a slight lead and started raising every pot, he eventually played back at me, I had A6, he had A9. Got back up to level from that shortly after, then with a slight lead again got it in with A3s against A9. That left me with less than a BB.

Happy enough I s'pose, but I should've won it.

VUL Anto, the guy that knocked you out won it.

ah i think he was always going to win it. sure i got my money in ahead still was a bit sick. i forgot to shake the guys hand which i should have done. was enjoying the final table one or two decent players although as always u play to good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Lazare

aodea wrote: »
    ah i think he was always going to win it. sure i got my money in ahead still was a bit sick. i forgot to shake the guys hand which i should have done. was enjoying the final table one or two decent players although as always u play to good for me.

LOL.

That was a sick hand alright for you, that king was a horrible card for you, and although it gave you two pair, it actually weakened your hand.

yeah i know gave him another 4 outs still was favorite by a country mile. was getting to push are shove at that stage and we dont all get big pairs every second hand like urself. some of us have to work for our chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

yeah i know gave him another 4 outs still was favorite by a country mile. was getting to push are shove at that stage and we dont all get big pairs every second hand like urself. some of us have to work for our chips.

That was the hand he mucked his cards!!! Goes on to win Tourney...

That was the hand he mucked his cards!!! Goes on to win Tourney...

Yeah you think i should of made them mucked? i was not sure thought i would be a nice guy! what would you have done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

Yeah you think i should of made them mucked? i was not sure thought i would be a nice guy! what would you have done?

Depends on my hole cards ;)

and we dont all get big pairs every second hand like urself. some of us have to work for our chips.

It's a finely honed talent, don't knock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Can any1 tell me if the 50 freezeout is still on in the sporting on sunday nights??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Can any1 tell me if the 50 freezeout is still on in the sporting on sunday nights??
    Yes it is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Anyone donating in the SE €100 tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Punter Bren

Does there be many players in the Sporting on Mondays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Does there be many players in the Sporting on Mondays

30-40 players. It might be down tonight because of all the action over the weekend but you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

I shall donate Olly,
    Kev

I was gonna play the SE, but there's a freeroll on mermaid tonight for Waterford. Two tickets up for grabs.

You need to have raked 200 hands in the last 7 days to qualify.

Just started this now, there's only 3 Irish players out of a field of 67!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Stranger things have happened......

I think this is my fav regular game in Dublin IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

If i dont fancy the sat in the SE and need to get out of work early, is CHLs the place to be on a Tuesday??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Flushdraw wrote: »
    is CHLs the place to be on a Tuesday??

i would prefer if you didnt play!:)

so whose going where....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

considering the S.E for the sat

Advertisement