Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn6011.png
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn7811.png

Both are suggesting some possible thunderstorms, but nothing extreme to be found. The temperatures are better for convection on Saturday, but Sunday's CAPE chart is quite good for northern areas.

Precipitation is forecasted to be quite high for Saturday: http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn604.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Tomorrow saturday has been played down a bit with more general widespread rain.
    For Sunday cape however increases slightly in a unstable NW airstream containing troughs.Not even moderate levels of cape but lift has decreased negative.Some widespread heavy showers about with the chance of thunder.Risk moves east in the afternoon.Dewpoints around 12c to 14c.

Two cells over munster atm getting stronger,pushing ENE

Edit:There getting surprisingly stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yes you can see the cells associated on the 5pm Vis sat pic

ukvis_sat_200708111600.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

WTF? It's like the monsoon in the north east again today....not looking like letting up anytime soon.
    Any electricity in this lot?

[edit] holy sh*t....look at the srikes on snowbies detector

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Plenty of lightening and thunder over Limerick city. Been this way for nearly an hour now as its disrupting my sky and cant watch the footie.

Being picking up that lightning down there for over an hour now.It seems to be strong.Nothing up there Wertz.

www.irlweather.com

Were just in some general rain here,

Storms are tracking NE in a line from Limerick ---> Dublin

Should reach Dublin within 1or2 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Lots of sparks in Limerick atm , couple per minute at one stage . Nearby ish too , did that count the delay thing didn't get to 1 a few times

Were just in some general rain here,

Storms are tracking NE in a line from Limerick ---> Dublin

Should reach Dublin within 1or2 hours
    Suspect i think.Might just move north of here WC,unless more break out.Watch this space as usual.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Snowbie wrote:
    Being picking up that lightning down there for over an hour now.It seems to be strong.Nothing up there Wertz.

www.irlweather.com

Yep being watching it, looks to be doing a good job.

Its coming this way too, if it survives

lastes vis sat shows it well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Too far South:(, i'll just have to wait for the reports further North, are these the most active storms in a while Snowbie? When i was away there were a good few i think, were they as good as these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'm definitely seeing them headed north of Dublin....of course by the time they reach here, there'll be more juice in an AA battery...

trogdor wrote:
    Too far South:(, i'll just have to wait for the reports further North, are these the most active storms in a while Snowbie? When i was away there were a good few i think, were they as good as these?
    bank holiday Monday was a good show for Dublin but what im tracking here is textbook Thunderstorms.They are surviving pretty well in fact the last Intracloud strike there a second ago was enough to distort my screen here.

Seems to be dying according to the lightning detector in the last few minutes

New strikes ar further South:D:D, it just needs to keep edging that way...

It looks like it's developed into more of a band/squall on the latest Sat image now, clearing the cloud away in fornt of it.
    18:15
    http://www.brayweather.com/images/sat/sat%2018-15%2011-8-07.jpg

Seems to be dying according to the lightning detector in the last few minutes
    It will do that and pick back up again lightning that is.As the clouds are positively charged and looking at the sat,cloud tops are high,seems as if it will intensify again.I hope.
    On my site check out the map/capture and will show the graph.Go from that.

The front seems to be dying while the back reforms to hit the same areas again though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Heavy Rain, and thunder now here near Moate,been like this on and off today, very dark and gloomy-

• Advertisement

trogdor wrote:
    The front seems to be dying while the back reforms to hit the same areas again though:(
    Yes trogdor,i noticed that.Ah well good while it lasted.Clouds must be super charged over there though.Cant see it moving that much futher east and maintaining tbh.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Looks like the area around Athlone an places is getting a battering at the mo, according to Snowbies lightning detector

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Looks like the area around Athlone an places is getting a battering at the mo, according to Snowbies lightning detector
    I'll vouch for that :) its still rumbling around here and its very gloomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Darwin

Big rumble of thunder in Mountrath just now, gloomy to say the least :(

Rebuilding over Northern Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Dark and gloomy with incredibly heavy rain just started here in Portlaoise right now. Wonder will anything electric develop from this at all? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Yep, sure enough, just had a couple of long, lingering rumbles. Logging off now, folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Darwin

About 10 seconds between lightning and thunder right now. Very snowy reception on TV as well. Probably time to switch off the router...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭nilhg

All that activity over Laois seems to be coming my way, plenty of roumbles to my southwest.

• Advertisement

nilhg wrote:
    All that activity over Laois seems to be coming my way, plenty of roumbles to my southwest.
    Where are you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement