Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hearing distant rumbles in South Dublin. Looks like it's over the northside with some heavy dark clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Raining heavily in D5 how. Another big flash and bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Coming right overhead here now,not as consistent as the N dublin county cells but has strikes within it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

An extraordinary developing thunderstorm overhead here.......rumbles every 10 - 15 secs. Lightning visible once a minute id say. Its quiite something to look at........the clouds to the west are nothing but nuisance.......by the time they ge here they develope rapidly and are prolonging and intensifying an already big storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭squonk

Where are you based Darkman? An extremely active shower passed off to the west of me here in Skerries in the past half hour. Very frequent rumbles. Was a bit disappointed it didn't come my way! Hopefuly later we'll have some fireworks!

• Advertisement

The rain not particulary heavy here or does the radar have a clump merged together.Most of the lightning has been without rain so it looks.This has formed overhead or close by to the greater dub area.
    Has calmed down here alot now in the 10 minutes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Just down the coast near Portmarnock direction. ;)

Lucky you! Yeah, you were in the thick of it. Could see the storm from here. Very dark. Sounded very impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One distant rumble down here.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    One distant rumble down here.

Mike.

Quietened down here a lot in North Co. Dublin. Hope we haven't seen the last of the fun. Mike65... loved the King Crimson link. Nothing like a bit of prog!

• Advertisement

Now more lightning over the west of Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Snowbie wrote:
    Now more lightning over the west of Dublin
    The window im looking out looks west and more large dark clouds are out there on horizon and starting to rain again here after 40 min gap with little sun and blue sky.

TS up around the Meath Louth border has just broken out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Wow, huge flashes of lightning here and crashing thunder, intense downpour apprioaching-logging off!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yep good bit of thunder here altho i just havent noticed the lightning yet, its very dark and have my lights on in the room, some very heavy rain too.

Very dark thundershower approaching from the North now. No T&L so far but we may get it. They have it in Drogheda at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Fireworks just starting off here now , nearly overhead. 2 flashes so far and booming thunder staright after. Torrential rain just starting

and another on video:D
    Hail and another flash now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Lol, I think I have a knack for jinxing storms because after I posted the last commment there was only one more clap of thunder that i could hear over the noise of the downpour. Rain finished now but there are some amazingly dark clouds around. Before it started lashing the sky looked very threatning;
    P1020399 (Large).JPG

P1020400 (Large).JPG

Noticed that rc,i have got nothing since either.Them CBs are moving in here now and the sky is jet black.

• Advertisement

Max rainrate, 58.2mm/hr, no more flashes and the rain is dying down a bit now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Very heavy HAIL shower here, hailstones in August!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Getting very dark here, looks like its about to kick off

Kippure wrote:
    Getting very dark here, looks like its about to kick off
    Welcome to the forum Kippure.:)

Belting down here on and off atm

I thought I was going to escape here in the south of the county trogdor :D

Low booming from a storm to the north east moving away to sea and theres another one west of croghan mt.
    The sky is black and carved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Snowbie wrote:
    Welcome to the forum Kippure.:)

Belting down here on and off atm

Thanks very much, didnt even know this place exsisted!

Looks like the skies are going to empty. Just waiting for that Big bang

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The shower just ended with a nice big flash followed big a large rumble. The Blackstairs that are usually viewable from my kitchen are now covered by very dark clouds

Hi Kippure! Always nice to have someone new on here! You picked a good day to join! Plenty going on!

Just constant rain here. Snowbie's lightening detector showed a flash just nearby by the looks of it out at sea but I didn't hear any thunder here. It's a bit disappointing so far. Hopefuly it'll be a case of the night being young yet!

Kippure wrote:
    Thanks very much, didnt even know this place exsisted!

Looks like the skies are going to empty. Just waiting for that Big bang
    Migrated from netweather have we :D

Welcome!
    Kippure is in wicklow by the way ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Getting very dark here too, no rain or thunder yet though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement