Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W.S.O.P FREE LINKS Final Table ...2 Found

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

22.1% ftw.

Pray hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

Fair point to a certain degree but Jamie Gold look boxed his way early in tourny last year also. Jerry played well on final table and deserved to win. In the interview yes it was a bit Americanised but he seems like a humble nice guy who went slightly ott on the god was there for me speech. No need to slag him off though for it. Each to their own

Yea but Jamie Gold didn't shove in with A3 after a raise and re-raise in front of him because he knew god would sort him out with a double up.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

very well said sir...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

Maybe they were suited! lol

• Advertisement

Actually, I think they were, in hearts, I retract everything I've stated :p:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭OutOfPosition

The-Rigger wrote:
    Yea but Jamie Gold didn't shove in with A3 after a raise and re-raise in front of him because he knew god would sort him out with a double up.

:o

but he did double up didnt he;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Cuban Son

The-Rigger wrote:
    The guy must think he is a prophet to deserve so much help.

The guy never said this. Don't try and speak for him.

Because he put his faith in a higher power, you slate him. Why?
    Its his belief.

This is why there is fighting today, people being hated for what they believe in.
    Its a typical Irish view point.
    Guy wins big and straight away people hate him for doing well.:mad:

He was the best player at the FT.
    He put his win down to his faith and straight away you hate him for mentioning God.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

patmac wrote:
    I'll promise 21% you heard it here 1st and I will say it at every opportunity next year in case God missed it the first time.

O.k. I'm going to have to go with the Dark Prince then and promise to rob 20% from charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Originally Posted by The-Rigger
    fcuk him and his 'I won because I believe in god bullsh1t.'

'pray to god for me because I'm giving 10% to charity', he said that early on at the final table.
    I find it disgusting.

Either give it all to charity or stfu.

Idiot.

Obviously your ........well an idiot.

if it was an irish guy saying that you would have a different opinion
    The god thing annoyed me also but you can,t knock giving 10% to charity even if he shouts to everyone that he is giving it.I don,t think it matters what nation he,s from he,s not an idiot

• Advertisement

Cuban Son wrote:

Its his belief.

This is why there is fighting today, people being hated for what they believe in.

He put his win down to his faith and straight away you hate him for mentioning God.

You couldn't miss all points or make more glaring inaccuracies in this post if you tried.

The god thing annoyed me also but you can,t knock giving 10% to charity even if he shouts to everyone that he is giving it.I don,t think it matters what nation he,s from he,s not an idiot

I don't mind him telling people he is giving money to charity, but asking people to pray for him because he is giving 10% to charity, considering how strongly he believes in the power of prayer, I found very off putting to me.

The-Rigger wrote:
    You coudn't miss all points or make more glaring inaccuraceries in this post if you tried.

Please explain.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭OutOfPosition

The-Rigger wrote:
    You coudn't miss all points or make more glaring inaccuraceries in this post if you tried.

i do believe i have to agree here, have you read any of these posts

i do believe i have to agree here, have you read any of these posts

All of them. Am I not entitled to my opinion now? Or will you have a go at me for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BMcG05

I think its completely irrelevant that he praised God, Allah, Abraham or anyone else. Personally, I dont agree with religion but Im educated enough to know that a simple catch-all of "he thanked God so he must be a moron" is a stupid idealism and one that only promotes confrontation and conflict.

Even if he thanked God a million times, who cares? How could you possibly get upset about this! Are you annoyed he didnt thank you??

The-Rigger wrote:
    I don't mind him telling people he is giving money to charity, but asking people to pray for him because he is giving 10% to charity, considering how strongly he believes in the power of prayer, I found very off putting to me.

Its fair enough that this mans ability to put his faith in something scares you,
    don't hate him for it though.

Cuban Son wrote:

It wasn't a direct quote, and that's clear, I said he must think, it was clearly my opinion.
    Cuban Son wrote:

Its his belief.

Plenty of people thank god, fair enough, they say things along the lines of 'I thank god for giving me strength' - all sorts of things along these lines.

Jerry actually says that god watched him the whole tournament and put down every card that he needed to win hands in key situations, even when played like a complete donk, shoving after a raise and a reraise and needing to hit the wheel straight.
    Cuban Son wrote:

Yes I am evil, I am the cause of all the problems and hatred in the world.
    And I wouldn't have this view if I wasn't Irish.
    Cuban Son wrote:

I've already been standing up for Jamie Gold, and I can't think of any main event champion in recent years that I have a dislike for, including Jamie Gold (and I am probably in the miniority)

So this, does not hold true either.

Cuban Son wrote:

i haven't disagreed with this, his game was far from perfect, but it worked well, and the rest of remaining 4 were just pretty awful.

Cuban Son wrote:

Inaccurate, for many reasons previously stated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

The-Rigger wrote:
    I would take 100 Jamie Golds over this guy.
    He escaped a refugee camp and now is the main event champ >>>> than any Jamie Gold.

He said all the right things in that interview to, sure it had Phil Gordon in tears ffs and that guy comes across as a heartless b@stard:D

Cuban Son wrote:
    Its fair enough that this mans ability to put his faith in something scares you,
    don't hate him for it though.
    I don,t think he said he hates him or it scares him he,s just giving his opinion but he can speak for himself just my 2 cent,s worth

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭eamonzo

Cuban Son wrote:

Its his belief.

Did a double take there :D

• Advertisement

Hawk Eye wrote:
    He escaped a refugee camp and now is the main event champ >>>> than any Jamie Gold.

He said all the right things in that interview to, sure it had Phil Gordon in tears ffs and that guy comes across as a heartless b@stard:D

no doubt, the americans will eat it up.

eamonzo wrote:
    Did a double take there :D
    :D

The-Rigger wrote:
    fcuk him and his 'I won because I believe in god bullsh1t.'

'pray to god for me because I'm giving 10% to charity', he said that early on at the final table.
    I find it disgusting.

Either give it all to charity or stfu.

Is this post not filled with hate?
    Or are you just looking to feed the troll?

Cuban Son wrote:
    Feeding the troll.And i think all the orther players should give up their faith because god likes gerry the best

Feeding the troll.And i think all the orther players should give up their faith because god likes gerry the best

:D

Cuban Son wrote:

Yes, I've put up 1600 posts and decided to start trolling the forum in which I spend most of my time. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Get it over with and call me a nazi, you have come so close.

At least then the discussion would end. :p

Also in response to this ealier post
    So what if he's a religious fanatic, no reason to slag him off.

fanatic, fiend
    a person motivated by irrational enthusiasm (as for a cause); "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

Honestly, I'm not a fan of religious fanatics, am I going to get slated for this? I see constantly in the media what religious fanatics do in the name of their faith.

And this does not mean I hate people with faith and belief in god, or who go to mass 'of' a sunday.

I am the only one here who thinks religious fanataism can be dangerous?

Fanatic was your word, not mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Cuban Son wrote:

Is he gay aswell

eDIT...I dont give a sheet either way who he thanked...congrats to him on his big win..i hope its an irish win next year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

BMcG05 wrote:
    I think its completely irrelevant that he praised God, Allah, Abraham or anyone else. Personally, I dont agree with religion but Im educated enough to know that a simple catch-all of "he thanked God so he must be a moron" is a stupid idealism and one that only promotes confrontation and conflict.

Even if he thanked God a million times, who cares? How could you possibly get upset about this! Are you annoyed he didnt thank you??
    He thanked me (he definetly said Pat at one stage during his speech) No-one said "he thanked God so he must be a moron" It's the whole 'Follow God and wonderful things will happen to you' shíte I found annoying. I wanted to watch a game of cards not be preached to.
    Fair play to him for giving 10% of his money away especially to Ronald McDonald's tax break. Seems like a nice guy hope he can handle it when he's all in with AA and gets sucked out by 7,2 os by Musician next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

I'm not with or against anyone here,

But its been blown way out of proportion,
    I am a bigger Golf fan than poker and was delighted to see Zach Johnson win the masters because on sunday he played a super game and didnt let the occasion get to him.

When i listened to his interview and heard him say he won because god guided him through his round and that he had prayed for this so it was going to happen, He is a religous fanatic also.
    I cringed so so much and wished Tiger had of absolutely buried him,

Does this make me a idiot or tosser or W*nk*r or whatever you are calling Rigger??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Double post

Advertisement