Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W.S.O.P FREE LINKS Final Table ...2 Found

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭OutOfPosition

i just knew that 6 was coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

wp God

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

wow jerry

He deserves it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Cuban Son

fair play to him-epic. couldn't have scripted it better. That'll teach Lam for waving his canadian flag!
    Well done Jerry Yang.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,243 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

Hope he did not promise anyone half his winnings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭mrflash

what a sick way to lose, you hit your queen and then you get that happening. anyways god won and the bible belt will be happy, lol, unreal. but how sick must lam feel, hitting that queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

what a flop ..what a river good of him putting 10% to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

i just knew that 6 was coming
    that was great -great finish-great link
    wow

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    The best hand won. Brilliant!! How you gonna beat God?

The American Dream writ large, I could have a field day with this.

immigrant from one of the poorest countries on earth makes good, thanks God, gives winnings to charity...you couldn't make it up

brilliant stuff

• Advertisement

Dont forget Neill kelly too.

He gave us this link......................amazing night guys.
    Gotta be there next year. Better get saving

Dont forget Neill kelly too.

He gave us this link......................amazing night guys.
    Gotta be there next year. Better get grinding

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

fcuk him and his 'I won because I believe in god bullsh1t.'

'pray to god for me because I'm giving 10% to charity', he said that early on at the final table.
    I find it disgusting.

Either give it all to charity or stfu.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The-Rigger wrote:

'pray to god for me because I'm giving 10% to charity', he said that early on at the final table.
    I find it disgusting.

were u on the final table - no so shut up

The-Rigger wrote:

I find it disgusting.

IDIOT POST

Exactly what is your point? I watched it all, these are just some of the things he has said.

IDIOT POST

Can you explain why?

Using caps doesn't help.

The-Rigger wrote:

I find it disgusting.

this is well out of order, you are of course entitled to you opinion but keep you small minded thoughts to yourself

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Man he can say what he wants. You can disagree but no need to abuse him. I personally don't think God if he exists would be likely to pick 1 player out of 6500 and decide to swing it for him but just in case God did then I'll promise 20% to charity next year big guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

this is well out of order, you are of course entitled to you opinion but keep you small minded thoughts to yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

<3 Norman Chad

"Do you think this is the most poker god has ever overseen"
    Genius

Ok, misunderstand me if you will.

Charity is great. If you think I am saying otherwise, you couldn't be more wrong.

Asking people to pray for you to win, because you will give 10% to charity, especially considering how strong Jerry believes in the power of prayer, is a bit disgusting imo.

He also thinks he is so worthy, that god has watched over the whole tournament and made sure he won every key hand, honestly, get a grip.

I think he should either give it all to charity, or be quiet and give to charity quietly.

Charity should be more private and personal, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

So what if he's a religious fanatic, no reason to slag him off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

The-Rigger wrote:

I find it disgusting.

Whats your problem,He came across like a really nice Bloke who deserved to win. You prefer a Jamie gold attitude?

He actually said he shoved in on day 2 after a raise and a reraise with A3 and was drawing so thin that he had to hit a straight to win, and he did it because he said 'if I'm meant to win, god, make me win this hand'.

The guy is a bit of a fruitloop if he think god spends that much time focusing on Jerry Yang.

With all that said, he played better than the rest of the people at the final table, though that isn't saying much, the rest, the ones that finished 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, played pretty damn bad.

Originally Posted by The-Rigger

I find it disgusting.

Idiot.

Obviously your ........well an idiot.

if it was an irish guy saying that you would have a different opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

I too find the idea of Jesus freaks thanking God for helping them get lucky rather annoying. Mention it once at the end or whatever but continually ranting on about it everytime he was all-in is pure hypocrasy as Gambling (and thats what it is) is totally against their ideals.

I would take 100 Jamie Golds over this guy.

Jamie Gold really believed he was good enough at poker to win it, he was confident of his abilities the whole way through, and said he wouldn't of played the tournament if he didn't believe from day 1 that he could win it.

Jerry Yang believes he won it because god has singled him out and put every card he needed on the board in key situations, these are his words.

if it was an irish guy saying that you would have a different opinion
    you are incorrect.

patmac wrote:
    I too find the idea of Jesus freaks thanking God for helping them get lucky rather annoying. Mention it once at the end or whatever but continually ranting on about it everytime he was all-in is pure hypocrasy as Gambling (and thats what it is) is totally against their ideals.

Agreed, if he said it once, I would say nothing, he never let up about how god put every card down that he needed.

The guy must think he is a prophet to deserve so much help.

6500 started
    He won.

And hes a really nice guy that lives his life the best he can.

If he beleives in god then good for him. It worked.
    A great champion and person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

musician wrote:
    Man he can say what he wants. You can disagree but no need to abuse him. I personally don't think God if he exists would be likely to pick 1 player out of 6500 and decide to swing it for him but just in case God did then I'll promise 20% to charity next year big guy.
    I'll promise 21% you heard it here 1st and I will say it at every opportunity next year in case God missed it the first time.

Advertisement