Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

jaykhunter wrote: »
    World life is a short documentary but it does include pretty much his best raps from 2002-3, i.e. Cena at his best! His matches weren't the best but it's a bit of nostalgia; 15 quid is too much for me for this, but if you like Cena you should get it.

Picked this up in Heatons around a year ago for 6euro. Never got round to watching it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Bout time they started doing 4 and 5 disc sets like say for Jericho. Producing DVDs is piss cheap these days but the problem is they want to keep their profit margins so obviously it'll stay at 8-9hrs spread over 3-discs.

Bleedin' bonkers when you consider how much a Blue Ray can hold and how that was one of its selling points - that you can hold 25gigabytes like!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

The sypnopsis for the upcoming Chris Jericho DVD "The Highlight Reel" has been released.

The WWE fans love to hate Chris Jericho. Throughout his remarkable career he has provided sports entertainment fans with amazing matches and astounding moments whether he was in Smokey Mountain Wrestling, ECW, WCW, and WWE. He's also left his mark on the entertainment industry outside the ring, from his band Fozzy, writing a NY Times bestselling autobiography, through his appearances on VH-1's "I Love..." shows and his role in the hit film "Magruber". But his most famous moments are in sports entertainment, where Jericho has won multiple championships, including the WWE, World Heavyweight, a record number of Intercontinental titles, and the night when he defeated both the Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin to become the first ever WWE Unified Champion. But Chris Jericho has never had his remarkable career highlighted in a DVD set until now. This 3-disc release will include a never-before-seen documentary on the life and times of Jericho featuring new candid interviews with Jericho and his rivals, as well as more than a dozen of his greatest matches."

51Pj9njCvEL._SS500_.jpg

Does anyone have this? I'm wondering what the picture quality is like on it. It kinda looks like a sort of semi-official bootleg. The semi-official being that it has a high res cover and appears to be professionally produced. Thing is with these like some of the music DVDs going around the quality is quite poor and looks like a bootleg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

51Pj9njCvEL._SS500_.jpg

Does anyone have this? I'm wondering what the picture quality is like on it. It kinda looks like a sort of semi-official bootleg. The semi-official being that it has a high res cover and appears to be professionally produced. Thing is with these like some of the music DVDs going around the quality is quite poor and looks like a bootleg.

I'd tread carefully. It seems strange to me that they don't even have the proper name of the tournament on the cover. (Presumably its King of the Deathmaches? Which isn't even that great tbh.)

• Advertisement

Yeah it's the 95 King of the Deathmatch.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3512063/Deathmatch-Wrestling-The-Legendary-Japanese/Product.html
    There are few things in the world which a majority of wrestling fans can agree on, but the 1995 IWA King of the DeathMatch tournament changed professional wrestling forever!

This was the most brutal and extreme tournament in the history of the sport and helped to secure the legacy of Terry Funk and catapult Mick Foley into superstardom. The era of Hardcore had begun!

For the first time ever, see the complete and uncut show from the legendary Kawasaki Stadium in Japan with brand new English commentary and exclusive DVD extras.

Ah I know it isn't great. It's garbage wrestling! I just fancied maybe getting it for the helluva it if the quality was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I have it... it's definitely worth getting especiallyas you'll pay so little. It's a big vision release, so it's actually well put together, with a new commentary by Dave Prazak. The show itself has it's moments, but it's more of historical interest than anything else.

The picture quality isn't amazing, but it's as good as you could hope for from this sort of release.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

HMV have some great prices on WWE dvds at the mo, picked up Mania 25 and the 3 disc Ric Flair collection for 7.99 each today, have a bunch of 2008/early 2009 ppvs in there as well, well worth it if you dont already have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

krudler wrote: »
    HMV have some great prices on WWE dvds at the mo, picked up Mania 25 and the 3 disc Ric Flair collection for 7.99 each today, have a bunch of 2008/early 2009 ppvs in there as well, well worth it if you dont already have them.

What HMV was that? Didnt have the Mr Perfect one going cheap did they?

Ooooh deadly!!! Can't wait to see what they got :)

They had a sale on last summer. WrestleMania XX-XXIV for €15 as well as Austin's, HBK's, Undertaker's, Triple H's, Rey's and Cena's DVDs for €11-€15.

Ric Flair for €8? That's too goo to be true :D

How much are the PPV DVDs and were there any others than the 2008/2009 ones? I've not been in touch that much so dunno what if any of them would be worth getting. Any recommendations?

Can you remember any others they had?

• Advertisement

Ooooh deadly!!! Can't wait to see what they got :)

They had a sale on last summer. WrestleMania XX-XXIV for €15 as well as Austin's, HBK's, Undertaker's, Triple H's, Rey's and Cena's DVDs for €11-€15.

Ric Flair for €8? That's too goo to be true :D

How much are the PPV DVDs and were there any others than the 2008/2009 ones? I've not been in touch that much so dunno what if any of them would be worth getting. Any recommendations?

May drop into HMV asap before the good ones are gone. Hopefully some 3 disc boxes there :D

Can you remember any others they had?

May drop into HMV asap before the good ones are gone. Hopefully some 3 disc boxes there :D

Silvervision's special offers at the minute: http://www.silvervision.co.uk/category/Special-Offers/page1.html

I wonder are there any of them in HMV? The prices HMV had some of the DVDs last summer were a good bit better than Silvervision's own site prices which is great stuff. There's only about 10 or so of the box sets I need to get so hopefully I'll knock a few out this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Only got a quick look in HMV today myself. Had a bunch of the 2008/2009 PPVs for 5.99.

Shawn Michaels box-set was still about €35 though :(

Anyone got the Hart & Soul dvd yet? Debating picking it up on play.com for €23. Anyone see it yet?

That's only new, just came out a while ago. His other one was €15 last year on special.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Only got a quick look in HMV today myself. Had a bunch of the 2008/2009 PPVs for 5.99.

Which HBK dvd were you after?

I doubt the Hart and Soul DVD is worth it. You might get it cheaper on Silvervision's site where you can pay with credit card in Sterling.
    6-Man Tag Team Match
    Keith Hart, Bruce Hart & Bret Hart vs. The Kiwis & Dynamite Kid
    Stampede Wrestling – May 1979

Stampede Arrives in WWE

World Tag Team Championship Match
    Hart Foundation vs. British Bulldogs
    Boston Garden – November 1, 1986

An Unforgettable Match

Intercontinental Championship Match
    Bret “Hit Man” Hart vs. British Bulldog
    SummerSlam – August 29, 1992

The Hart Family in a WWE Ring

Family Feud Match
    Bret “Hit Man” Hart, Owen Hart, Bruce Hart & Keith Hart vs. Shawn Michaels & His Knights
    Survivor Series – November 24, 1993

Brothers vs. Brothers

Bret “Hit Man” Hart & Owen Hart vs. Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner
    Florence, SC – January 11, 1994

Ripped Apart at the Seams

World Tag Team Championship Match
    Bret “Hit Man” Hart & Owen Hart vs. The Quebecers
    Royal Rumble – January 22, 1994

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship
    Bret “Hit Man” Hart vs. Owen Hart
    SummerSlam – August 29, 1994

The Hart Family Settles It in the Ring

Bret “Hit Man” Hart & British Bulldog vs. Owen Hart & Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart
    Raw – November 7, 1994

Decorated in Gold

European Championship Match
    Owen Hart vs. British Bulldog
    Raw – March 3, 1997

Front and Center

10-Man Tag Team Match
    Bret “Hit Man” Hart, Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart & Brian Pillman vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust & Legion of Doom
    In Your House: Canadian Stampede July 6, 1997

Border Wars

6-Man Tag Team Flag Match
    Bret “Hit Man” Hart, Owen Hart & British Bulldog vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin, Undertaker & Dude Love
    Raw – July 21, 1997

Passing the Torch

WWE Unified Tag Team Championship Match
    The Hart Dynasty vs. D-Generation X
    SmackDown – December 25, 2009

The PPV matches are of course avilable elsewhere and on many DVDs including Bret's. They could make several dozen DVDs just full of Hart Foundation/British Bullodgs matches. I've no idea which are which and which are worth looking out for tbh.

There's oodles of Bret matches with Shawn Michaels that never make these DVDs which is a fiasco tbh.

- Chris Jericho confirmed on his twitter account that his very first wrestling match, where he faced Lance Storm, will be included in the forthcoming Highlight Reel DVD set on his career, which WWE will release on 9/21.

- In the States, the cover for the WWE Fatal Four Way DVD actually features all the winners of the three title matches that night, which is an odd way to entice people to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Sound Krudler,picked up Flair and the Rock 3 discer. Great prices in fairness.

Chris Jericho tweeted that his upcoming DVD will not be called the Highlight reel

• Advertisement

This is what HMV have on special atm:

2008: (all €6)
    Royal Rumble
    No Way Out
    WrestleMania (€8)
    Backlash
    Extreme Rules
    Night of Champions
    The Great American Bash
    Unforgiven
    No Mercy
    Cyber Sunday
    Survivor Series
    Armageddon

2009: (€7)
    Royal Rumble
    WrestleMania
    SummerSlam

Shame they don't have SummerSlam 2008 :/

Are you selling your collection or have you some secret distributor supplying you :/ Dunno bout a tener for what's essentially a second-hand DVD. I need to get some more tagged classics meself though. I'm missing some '96/'97 In Your Houses which I quite like as well as a few other big4 PPVs here and there.

As far as I know them HMV stock levels are "what's there is all we got". Last year they seemed to have an unlimited amount of some of them but from what I asked of the staff it seems that whatever each shop got went out to the shelves which probably means that the WWE DVDs on special are a part of this mad sale they're having. Cool while it lasts anyway. WM XXIV steel tin & WMXV for €8! Can't go wrong like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

WWE's forthcoming DVD set highlighting Friday Night SmackDown! in 2010 is scheduled for release on October 25th, 2010, according to WWE Magazine's "Best of WWE" Special Issue.

WWE's forthcoming DVD set highlighting Friday Night SmackDown! in 2010 is scheduled for release on October 25th, 2010, according to WWE Magazine's "Best of WWE" Special Issue.

Excellent. I'm really looking forward to that weekend. Jazz weekend, WWE and BWE Bragging Rights PPV, the SD DVD and my birthday:D:D:D

I swear I'm cutting down on the plugs

-- Here are the upcoming DVD releases from WWE and TNA:

* TNA Lockdown 2010 PPV - June 22
    * WWE Over the Limit PPV - June 22
    * WWE Ricky Steamboat: Life Story of the Dragon - June 29th
    * WWE Satan's Prison: The Elimination Chamber Anthology - July 13th
    * WWE Fatal Four Way 2010 PPV – July 20th
    * TNA Sacrifice 2010 PPV – July 20th
    * WWE The Best of Raw Season One and Two – August 10th
    * WWE Money in the Bank 2010 PPV – August 17th
    * WWE Chris Jericho DVD Set – September 21st
    * TNA Best Of The Asylum Years Vol. 1 – September 21st
    * TNA Wrestling's Greatest Moments – October 21st
    * WWE Smackdown: 2010 Season – October 26th
    * WWE John Cena: Title TBA – November 19th
    * TNA Triple Threat Vol. 4 (It includes Victory Road 2010, Hard Justice 2010, and No Surrender 2010 PPV) – November 19th
    * WWE 100 Craziest Moments – December 14th
    * WWE Bobby Heenan DVD – December 28th

What's that gonna be? Best of Smackdown 2009/2010? Or another best of Smackdown DVD? The 1999-2009 one left loads out.
    -- Here are the upcoming DVD releases from WWE and TNA:

* TNA Lockdown 2010 PPV - June 22
    * WWE Over the Limit PPV - June 22
    * WWE Ricky Steamboat: Life Story of the Dragon - June 29th
    * WWE Satan's Prison: The Elimination Chamber Anthology - July 13th
    * WWE Fatal Four Way 2010 PPV – July 20th
    * TNA Sacrifice 2010 PPV – July 20th
    * WWE The Best of Raw Season One and Two – August 10th
    * WWE Money in the Bank 2010 PPV – August 17th
    * WWE Chris Jericho DVD Set – September 21st
    * TNA Best Of The Asylum Years Vol. 1 – September 21st
    * TNA Wrestling's Greatest Moments – October 21st
    * WWE Smackdown: 2010 Season – October 26th
    * WWE John Cena: Title TBA – November 19th
    * TNA Triple Threat Vol. 4 (It includes Victory Road 2010, Hard Justice 2010, and No Surrender 2010 PPV) – November 19th
    * WWE 100 Craziest Moments – December 14th
    * WWE Bobby Heenan DVD – December 28th

The Satan's Prison name was changed to "Iron Will" for the European market. I don't know who requested it but I suspect Silvervision thought that they couldn't be releasing a DVD with "Satan" in the title despite having an 18's cert.

The RAW series 1&2 set is kinda interesting. I don't know what if anything is missing from the list of matches but the early years of RAW realy weren't that great. I dread the 1998-2002 ones though as they'll be butchered with the blurring.

100 Craziest Moments will surely be crap? WTF!

Bobby Heenan should be good.

What's that gonna be? Best of Smackdown 2009/2010? Or another best of Smackdown DVD? The 1999-2009 one left loads out.

It's the best of SD over the last year (just like they did with the best of Raw DVD)
    100 Craziest Moments will surely be crap? WTF!

I've heard rumours that it's Vince who's picking the moments for this

I've heard rumours that it's Vince who's picking the moments for this

1: The Gobbledy Gooker

2: Katie Vick

3: Vince McMahon wins the Royal Rumble

Jesus i can just picture this DVD now:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Got the definitive Ric Flair collection and Mania 25 for 6.99 each in HMV Liffey Valley today,they had 1 mania 24 left aswell but when I went in to buy it after work it was gone despite me hiding it at the back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

another cena one hes already had 2 i think jericho only getting his first now

Advertisement