Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think it reflects terribly on Vince that Chris Masters doesn’t have one by now sadly. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Has anyone bought/watched the Hart family dvd? If so what was the documentary like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Got the definitive Ric Flair collection and Mania 25 for 6.99 each in HMV Liffey Valley today,they had 1 mania 24 left aswell but when I went in to buy it after work it was gone despite me hiding it at the back!

You should be able to find 'Mania 24 in one of the other HMVs either in town or the Square. As far as I know their stock is limited to what is in each shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

No Way Out 06 is class, I recommend it if anyone is goin ordering things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/49194/chris-jerichos-wwe-dvd-gets-a-new-title-and-more-wwe-dvd-news.html?p=1
    The official synopsis for the forthcoming WWE Best of the High-Flyers DVD was released over the weekend: "Some of the most exciting moments in sports entertainment history have come through the air. High-flying Superstars have always brought fans to their feet, from "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka, the Killer Bees, the Rockers, Rey Mysterio, Billy Kidman, and more. This 3-DVD set, "Best of the High Flyers", collects some of the greatest aerial displays in sports entertainment history. The dozens of matches in this collection represent the "Creme de la Creme" of WWE, WCW, ECW, WCCW, and more."

This should be a good one - the WCW library could produce an excellent Cruiserweight DVD by itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/49194/chris-jerichos-wwe-dvd-gets-a-new-title-and-more-wwe-dvd-news.html?p=1

This should be a good one - the WCW library could produce an excellent Cruiserweight DVD by itself.

They were doing fine until they mentioned Billy Kidman.:pac:

Should be worth a look though.

Rebellion 1999 & Insurrextion 2000

WTC069_front.jpg

Rebellion 1999

Steel Cage Championship Match
    Triple H (with Chyna) vs. The Rock

X-Pac vs. British Bulldog

Chris Jericho (with Curtis Hughes) vs. Road Dogg

Intercontinental Championship Match
    Jeff Jarret (with Miss Kitty) vs. D'Lo Brown

Kane vs. The Big Show

Three-Team Elimination Match
    Edge & Christian vs. Crash & Hardcore Holly vs. The Acolytes

Val Venis vs. Mark Henry

The Godfather vs. Gangrel

Femme Fatale Four Way Woman's Championship Match
    Ivory vs. Tori vs. Jacqueline vs. Luna

Insurrextion 2000

Triple Threat Championship Match
    The Rock vs. Triple H vs. Shane McMahon

European Championship Match
    Guerrero vs. Chris Jericho

Tag Team Championship Match
    Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz

Hardcore Championship Match
    Crash Holly vs. The British Bulldog

Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle

Too Cool vs. Perry Saturn & Dean Malenko

Kane vs. Bull Buchanan

Road Dogg vs. Bradshaw

Arm Wrestling Match
    The Kat vs. Terri

Rikishi & "Showkishi" vs. The Dudley Boyz

I remember Rebellion 99 being fun but on paper it doesn't look all that great. Insurrexion looks alright on paper - Benoit v Angle, Jerico v Eddie, E&C v Hardys - but I can't remember if it was any use.

Pretty much all of these UK PPVs were a write off. Shame Silvervision are focusing on them for their tagged classics over stuff like the WrestleFest tapes.

They've got a sale on atm: https://www.silvervision.co.uk/category/Special-Offers/page1.html

Starrcade, Saturday Night's Main Event, Best of Smackdown and the IC Title DVD are all £15. SummerSlam 2000/2001 is £9

Best of RAW Vol. 1 & 2 DVD (2 Discs)
    WTC066_front.jpg

Disc 1

Best of RAW Vol. 1

Stone Cold Steve Austin

The Rock

Undertaker & Kane

D-Generation X

Mick Foley

D-Generation X Returns

Val Venis

Mr. McMahon & Austin

Mr. McMahon gets hurt

Austin & Mr. McMahon

Undertaker

Austin is Reinstated

EXTRA RAW

The Intercontinental Title belt takes a dip

Shawn calls out the Undertaker

Austin takes a stand

Kane vs. The Gorilla

Dude Love’s Return

A Hideous Reunion

The Love Shack

Stone Cold’s Mystery Partner

The Stooges at Work

Where’s The Undertaker?

The Rock vs. X-Pac: Intercontinental title

Mankind vs. Undertaker

European Title on the Line

Mr Socko’s Debut

Disc 2

Best of RAW Vol. 2

The Ministry

1998 Survivor Series Aftermath

Approaching the 1999 Royal Rumble

Mr. McMahon prepares for the Rumble

Chyna & Mark Henry

Leading to WrestleMania XV

Corporate Ministry into Austin as CEO

Beer Truck Incident

WrestleMania XV Aftermath with Title Belt

Triple H

“Y2J”

Rock ‘N’ Sock Connection

The End of D-Generation X

1999 Highlights

EXTRA RAW

Shane gets the Gold

Chyna Goes Jewellery Shopping

“Alright, Alright – I Quit”

Hardcore Banana Split

A Death-Defying Leap

What a Blast!

A Mammoth Showdown

Tag Titles up for Grabs

Kane Speaks - The Voice Box Gimmick

The T.I.T. Tourney

For £12 that's pretty good but damn them as they should/ve and could/ve put the vol3 in there as well to make it a three discer.

Avoid this DVD at all costs. The analogue-digital conversion is pi$$ poor and has caused many dropped frames leading to a very poor "choppy" picture that looks like a poor quality youtube video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Rebellion 1999 & Insurrextion 2000

WTC069_front.jpg

I remember Rebellion 99 being fun but on paper it doesn't look all that great. Insurrexion looks alright on paper - Benoit v Angle, Jerico v Eddie, E&C v Hardys - but I can't remember if it was any use.

Pretty much all of these UK PPVs were a write off. Shame Silvervision are focusing on them for their tagged classics over stuff like the WrestleFest tapes.

They've got a sale on atm: https://www.silvervision.co.uk/category/Special-Offers/page1.html

Starrcade, Saturday Night's Main Event, Best of Smackdown and the IC Title DVD are all £15. SummerSlam 2000/2001 is £9

Insurrextion was probably the best ever UK one, outside of One night Only. But it still wasn't overly eventful, and hardly a must-see as nothing of consequence really happened. On the other hand, if i remember correctly, Rebellion was pretty poor, but it did tie in really well with the HHH/Steph/Bulldog/Rock storyline that was going on at the time. They also used a black-bar steel cage in the main event which was a bit odd.. and HHH's calling of spots was really noticable.

I just watched the bulk of the Ricky Steamboat DVD and must say,althought the matches are fine, the documentary is poor enough it should have been left out altogether in favour of it being purely a match comp.

• Advertisement

Silvervision are having a sale on most of the 2005-2008 PPVs as well as Saturday night's Main Event, Starrcade, IC Title, Best of Smackdown and the Manager's DVD. Shame HMV only got the 2008 PPVs in on sale (and the Flair/Rock ones :cool:)

Sendit.com have some good DVDs at £4.5 - http://www.sendit.com/dvd/elysium.search?search=wwe&searchFilters=RFZEI2RlcGFydG1lbnQ6ZHZkISYjMTYzOzIuMDAgLSAmIzE2Mzs1LjAwI3NlbmRpdF9HQlBfcHJpY2U6WzIgVE8gNC45OV0h

Caveat emptor. Unless it says "dispatches in 24hrs" they more than likely don't have it in stock and you could be waiting a while as they get it sent from one of their other warehouses - sendit are part of a large chain of internet shops.

I recommend the AWA, Powerful Families and No Way Out 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

The cover for Chris Jericho's DVD has been revealed:

"Breaking the Code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho"
    WWE_D94876D.jpg

Silver Vision have today confirmed that one ECW match to be included on the upcoming WWE Breaking The Code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho 3 Disc DVD set.

Chris Jericho vs. Cactus Jack
    Hardcore TV
    12th March, 1996

The UK licensee for WWE DVDs has the full content listing now but it appears they won’t be revealing it until next month.

Chris Jericho himself also confirmed recently on Twitter that the DVD will also include the first wrestling match of his career, where he faced Lance Storm.

This cover art for the DVD was revealed this week. The source, VideoETA, have confirmed that they received the image direct from the manufacturer. Silver Vision have also confirmed it’s authenticity. Whether this cover ends up being final or not, it is legit and not fan made.

wwed94876d.jpg
    • Jericho vs. RVD (ECW)
    • Jericho & 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Shane Douglas & 911 (ECW)
    • Jericho vs. Alex Wright (WCW debut)
    • Jericho vs. Syxx for WCW cruiserweight title
    • Jericho vs. Eddie Guerrero
    • Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio for WCW cruiserweight title
    • Jericho vs. Dean Malenko for WCW cruiserweight title
    • Jericho vs. Juventud Guerrera for WCW cruiserweight title
    • Jericho vs. Jeff Jarrett
    • Jericho & Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio & Super Calo
    • Jericho vs. Stevie Ray for TV title
    • Jericho vs. Raven for TV title
    • Jericho vs. Road Dogg
    • Jericho vs. Ken Shamrock first blood match
    • Jericho vs. Chyna IC title match (boy is that feud embarrassing when you look back in hindsight)
    • Jericho vs. X-Pac cage match
    • Jericho vs. Big Show Hardcore title match
    • Jericho vs. Rock for WCW title
    • Jericho vs. Kurt Angle for WCW title
    • Jericho vs. Rock & Austin on the same night
    • TLC match with Christian for tag titles
    • Jericho vs. John Cena loser leaves town
    • Jericho vs. JBL
    • Money in the Bank match w/Jericho
    • Jericho vs. Kofi Kingston IC title
    • Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
    • ladder match
    • Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio Extreme rules match
    • Jericho vs. C.M. Punk
    • Jericho vs. John Morrison
    • Jericho vs. Edge for World title

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Great set of matches. Hope there's a good non-kayfabe documentary on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Bit disappointed that his Fully Loaded match with HHH isn't included there!

It's only a match comp- so there won't be a documentary.

I have to say... that would be a very disappointing line-up for me. The Fully Loaded match with Triple H should be on there, and some of the stuff definitely shouldn't (the X-Pac and JBL feuds were awful). Way too much average 99-00 stuff, and not enough from further afield.
    There's no way that's official surely?

I have to say... that would be a very disappointing line-up for me. The Fully Loaded match with Triple H should be on there, and some of the stuff definitely shouldn't (the X-Pac and JBL feuds were awful). Way too much average 99-00 stuff, and not enough from further afield.

There's a lot of rumour's going around of the match listings but there's nothing official yet. Also, I thought Disc 1 was a doc with Discs 2 & 3 being matches

There doesn't seem to be too many of them these days sure there's not? Even in the best of documentaries like Bret's and Shawn's they're not as completely open and talking in the lingo that you might hear in the shoot interviews.

Sorry I should've given a source, Wrestling Observer apparently reported it and they're usually on the money (I think). Though yeah I suppose not absolutely 100% totally official and confirmed but I wonder how much input the wrestlers get on these DVDs when it comes to match choice. Mick Foley's 3-discer were all his picks I think (or so he says on the DVD)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Just a heads up for anyone that Zavvi have most of the WWE 2007 PPV DVDs on sale for £3.85 each at the moment.

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/mega-monday/dvd.list

Silvervision must be trying to shift a lot of 2005-2008 stock as HMV got in all the 2008 PPVs at €6 and The Hut Group - Zavvi, Sendit et al - have gotten in a few of them at rock bottom prices like < £5. I miss the Golden Discs on Mary St as they used to get in WWF DVds cheap if there were ever any going. The one in the Jervass got in 'Mania 24 @ €15, Shawn Michaels Vault and Rey Myster Little Big man I think

• Advertisement

Sorry I should've given a source, Wrestling Observer apparently reported it and they're usually on the money (I think). Though yeah I suppose not absolutely 100% totally official and confirmed but I wonder how much input the wrestlers get on these DVDs when it comes to match choice. Mick Foley's 3-discer were all his picks I think (or so he says on the DVD)

The Observer is always reliable- but I can't for the life of me, see this as anywhere on the site. If they mentioned it, I imagine it was purely as a "rumoured" line-up".
    I guess it can be written off since we know that the Cactus Jack and Lance Storm matches will be on there.

On the documentary, I'm almost certain it was announced it would be just a match comp, like Savage's, and it was discussed a few pages back.

The BBFC website hasn't put up the Jericho DVD yet and until it does I don't think we'll get a definitive answer. Where did the Silvervision info come from?

Chris Jericho was on Live Audio Wrestling this past Sunday night. He mentioned that his DVD will have a 90 mins - 2 hour documentary on it as well as having the following stuff:

- His first match against Lance Storm
    - Y2J vs Ultimo Dragon at Tokyo Sumo Hall in July 1995
    - Matches from Smokey Mountain, Japan, WCW, ECW WWF/E
    - His Conspiracy Theory Victim vignettes from his feud with Dean Malenko in WCW
    - A 15 min bit of improve comedy with Y2J and Steve Austin after a Raw show went off the air

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Chris Jericho was on Live Audio Wrestling this past Sunday night. He mentioned that his DVD will have a 90 mins - 2 hour documentary on it as well as having the following stuff:

- A 15 min bit of improve comedy with Y2J and Steve Austin after a Raw show went off the air

That sounds far far better..

That's a good start. Thank goodness the rumoured line-ups and formats appear to be bogus.

That sounds far far better..

At least it's some bit of confirmation on whats on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/Breaking-The-Code-Behind-The-Walls-of-Chris-Jericho-DVD-3-Discs.html
    WWE1265-front.jpg
    Disc 1

Throughout his remarkable career he has provided sports entertainment fans with amazing matches and astounding moments whether he was in Smokey Mountain Wrestling, ECW, WCW, and WWE. He’s also left his mark on the entertainment industry outside the ring, from his band Fozzy to writing a NY Times bestselling autobiography. This 3-disc set includes a never-before-seen documentary on the life and times of Jericho featuring new candid interviews with Jericho and his rivals, as well as more than a dozen of his greatest matches.

A Star is Born
    International Sensation
    Land of the Extreme
    Arrival in WCW
    Best in Show
    Never Evvver the Same Again
    Conspiracy Victim
    Armbar
    Greenberg
    The Millennium Man
    The Y2J Era Begins
    Undisputed Champion
    Highlight of the Night
    The Highlight Reel
    Facing an Idol
    Total Buffoonery
    You’re Fired!
    Breaking Out
    Fozzy
    Time Away
    Breaking the Code
    An Honest Man
    Career Renaissance
    Save Us
    The Best in the World at What I Do

Special Features
    A Young Fanatic

Jack Action

Leon de Oro

The Thrillseekers Vignette #1

The Thrillseekers Vignette #2

"Have you heard of Chris Jericho?"

Paul Heyman’s Roommate

Mister Salty

The Man of 1,004 Holds
    Nitro – March 30, 1998

Conspiracy Victim
    Nitro – June 1, 1998 (2:30)

Father Knows Best
    Thunder – June 11, 1998

"Hello, Lexington!"
    Thunder – September 10, 1998

Do You Smell What Y2J is Cookin’?
    RAW – October 30, 2000

Sharing a Beer with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
    Post-RAW – August 25, 2003

Jericho vs. The Old Man
    Post-Smackdown! – November 17, 2009

Jericho’s Junction

Fozzy Music Video – Let the Madness Begin

Disc 2

"Cowboy" Chris Jericho vs. Lance T. Storm
    Calgary, Alberta October 2, 1990
    Alternate Commentary By: Chris Jericho & Matt Striker

The Thrill Seekers vs. The Infernos
    Smoky Mountain Wrestling March 12, 1994

International Junior Heavyweight Championship Match
    Chris Jericho vs. Ultimo Dragon
    Japan July 7, 1995

Chris Jericho vs. Cactus Jack
    Hardcore TV March 12, 1996

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
    Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Guerrero
    Fall Brawl September 14, 1997

Mask vs. WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
    Chris Jericho vs. Juventud Guerrera
    SuperBrawl VIII February 22, 1998

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
    Chris Jericho vs. Dean Malenko
    Nitro July 27, 1998

The Millennium Countdown Clock Expires
    RAW August 9, 1999

Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle
    No Way Out February 27, 2000

WWE Championship Match
    Chris Jericho vs. Triple H
    RAW April 17, 2000

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Chris Jericho vs. The Rock
    No Mercy October 21, 2001

Undisputed Championship Match
    Chris Jericho vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
    Vengeance December 9, 2001

Disc 3

No Disqualification Match for the WWE Undisputed Championship
    Chris Jericho vs. Hulk Hogan
    SmackDown May 2, 2002

Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
    WrestleMania XIX March 30, 2003

WWE Championship You’re Fired Match
    Chris Jericho vs. John Cena
    RAW August 22, 2005

Save_US.Y2J
    RAW November 19, 2007

Chris Jericho vs. Jeff Hardy
    RAW March 10, 2008

Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
    Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
    No Mercy October 5, 2008

No Holds Barred Match for the Intercontinental Championship
    Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio
    Extreme Rules June 7, 2009

Non-Title Match
    Chris Jericho vs. Undertaker
    SmackDown! November 13, 2009

World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Chris Jericho vs. Edge
    WrestleMania XXVI March 28, 2010

That looks awesome. It's a must have
    The Man of 1,004 Holds
    Nitro – March 30, 1998

Conspiracy Victim
    Nitro – June 1, 1998 (2:30)

"Hello, Lexington!"
    Thunder – September 10, 1998

I'm so happy these made it on to the DVD

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Most of these matches look awesome!

Surprised there isn't more of the IC matches, loads of great ones from that 'era'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Advertisement