Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Yep, everything. A lot of the tapes are poor quality though. At least the "Deltamusic" DVDs where. They also had rotten generic dance music overdubbed on the entrance themes :(

Here, which is better to get : Viva La Raza or the Cheating Death Stealing Life DVD of Eddie's ?

Not all deltamusic ecw dvds where dubbed, i think around `99/00 they where told to stop using metalica etc. Ive all but two of ecws dvds and most of them have the original music, even if some of the music seems to be lowered.

Also i think the poor quality was more the size of ecws(more ala indie than wwe/wcw) operations rather than deltamusic themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

jeffk wrote: »
    Not all deltamusic ecw dvds where dubbed, i think around `99/00 they where told to stop using metalica etc. Ive all but two of ecws dvds and most of them have the original music, even if some of the music seems to be lowered.

Also i think the poor quality was more the size of ecws(more ala indie than wwe/wcw) operations rather than deltamusic themselves.

The first wave of Deltamusic releases I think was Guilty as Charged and Living Dangerously '99. I got Guilty on tape yonks ago.

It's the earlier stuff that's a bit dodgy.
    I thik Vince leant Haymen a lighting and camera crew for Barely Legal '97 actually. Could be wrong though.

The original release of Barely Legal had a few seconds cut in the main event when Funk blades. The released one with ONe Night Stand is uncensored.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd get both. The only match thats repeated on both is the Brock Title match. Decent documentary on CDSL while VLR is packed with really good matches, especially the WCW matches that most would be less familiar with. You can't get enough Eddy at the end of the day.

I stopped watching reguarly a few years ago so I missed his main event runs and shameful to say I didn't really pay a huge amount of attention to the Radicalz or "Mamaaaaciiita" eras. Might have a look at the Viva la Roza one.

I remeber when one of the Smackdown games came out one year Xtravision had a deal on where you got a free Cheating Death... DVD. WAs that originally a 2disc release or was it always a single disc DVD ?

Silvervision expect this to be released on DVD tagged classics in September. As with all their tagged classics they're just DVD versions of the previous releases so there's no blurring of the WWF scratch logo.

I wonder will the ebay fellas reduce their asking prices for some of these "rare" DVDs now that they're just about available. The tagged classics artwork is kinda pants though.

Nope the original ones have no blurred wwf logos or random gaps when the wwf is mentioned.
    But im sure if you wanna get a dvd for €15 as apposed to €30 or so i think i could live with it.

Actually thinking about it i think mania`00 tagged classic wasn't blurred out, someone will clear that up for. I haven't got my copy @ the moment.

no they weren't blurred. There's a wikipedia article about it that has a few suggestions why they're not blurred. I think the main reason is that it's not the WWF releasing the DVDs it's Silvervision/Clearvision which are a different crowd.

• Advertisement

no they weren't blurred. There's a wikipedia article about it that has a few suggestions why they're not blurred. I think the main reason is that it's not the WWF releasing the DVDs it's Silvervision/Clearvision which are a different crowd.

Yeah i think it was something like that, because i was talking with shawn about it when the mania 00 tagged classic came out.
    Then the only reason people will pay silly money on ebay is for the full original cover is all i can see.
    Also great to see benoit and angle match on it. I suppose it should be there but then again you never no with wwe dvds.

The WM 17 & 18 are listed with crazy prices on Ebay as well so it'll be interesting to see if they come down. Mad, you'd think Silvervision would get their act together and hurry up like.

They've a twitter by the way http://twitter.com/SilverVision
    Don't know what you've to do to get them talking to you but they won't respond to me.

Id start with mania`00 that's a tagged classic a few months, so that could help you get an idea for ebay prices.

Ah stop ive looked @ it and it confuses me. Seems you post a comment/question and then they reply. But it comes in as a separate post @(inter user name) then the reply.
    Well they will probably tell you there only a independent company so it takes longer to produce etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

You get some great deals buying from Silvervision direct. Dont change the currency to euro though. Pay in sterling and you can save another few euro.

I bought the summerslam 2000/01 last week for £11.99 of them. The 2001 ss is the invasion angle and as good as i have seen. There sales every so often are quality too. I picked up another couple of tagged classics for £7.99.

When you see dvds on sale in HMV for 44euro and on this website for less than 20 its well worth it. Delivery takes about 7 days.

I dont want to sound like an advert for silvervision but if you buy a lot of dvd's it makes sense to shop here.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Picked up The Rocks dvd at the weekend for €8. Very good dvd. Enjoyed it a lot more than Austins. And worth it for the extras, namely most of The Rocks best promos and one-liners.

Some very good matches too, although they didn't have the Wrestlemania 17 match V Austin, just their matches at WM15 and 19.

At €8, bargain

• Advertisement

Picked up The Rocks dvd at the weekend for €8. Very good dvd. Enjoyed it a lot more than Austins. And worth it for the extras, namely most of The Rocks best promos and one-liners.

Some very good matches too, although they didn't have the Wrestlemania 17 match V Austin, just their matches at WM15 and 19.

At €8, bargain
    davrho wrote: »
    You get some great deals buying from Silvervision direct. Dont change the currency to euro though. Pay in sterling and you can save another few euro.

I bought the summerslam 2000/01 last week for £11.99 of them. The 2001 ss is the invasion angle and as good as i have seen. There sales every so often are quality too. I picked up another couple of tagged classics for £7.99.

When you see dvds on sale in HMV for 44euro and on this website for less than 20 its well worth it. Delivery takes about 7 days.

I dont want to sound like an advert for silvervision but if you buy a lot of dvd's it makes sense to shop here.:)

Use this site - http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/search.aspx?title=wwe&scategory=title to do a comparison in pricing. You can save a few pennies there. Www.sendit.com are slightly cheaper than Silvervision on some things.

Wrestlemania Tagged classics . Silvervision vs everywhere else.

WrestleMania 2000 is cheaper on sendit.com than Silvervision. I should be cheaper than play as well cause on sendit you can pay with Sterling so even if you've a 3V card you can pay in sterling or even better, if you know someone with a UK debit card you can get them to pay for it and have it sent to Ireland :)

Nice one. I am over to Glasgow reguarly and have a uk charge card. I will check this out. Cheers.

Before i left Dublin HMV had some wwe dvd's on sale. Worth a look if its still on.

Glasgow ? Hmm, check out Fopp on Union St or in the West end. You might get lucky. Also Missing under Central Station do second hand DVDs.

Silvervision expect this to be released on DVD tagged classics in September. As with all their tagged classics they're just DVD versions of the previous releases so there's no blurring of the WWF scratch logo.

I wonder will the ebay fellas reduce their asking prices for some of these "rare" DVDs now that they're just about available. The tagged classics artwork is kinda pants though.

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/WrestleMania-X-Seven-DVD-2-Discs.html

£11.99 pre-order. Damn that ugly artwork though. Even if they reduced the amount of that grey/silver area to just a smaller border.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It's the moment we've all been waiting for, the Batista DVD listings:
    WWE1240-front.jpg
    Disc One

In-depth Batista Profile featuring:

• Moving Around

• High School

• Bouncer

• Meets Angie

• Career Decision

• Wild Samoan Training Center

• Leviathan

• Deacon Batista

• Evolution

• Winning the Game

• Family Issues

• Welcome to SmackDown

• Tribute to Eddie

• Philippines Star

• Relinquishes the Championship

• The Royal Treatment

• Phenomenal Experience

• On the Edge of Greatness

• Show Stopping Moment

• Celebrity Unleashed

• Batista – The Animal

Bonus Features

• Hot Bread and Butter

• Batista’s Rough Neighborhood

• The Biggest Lifeguard at the Pool

• Leviathan: Demon of the Ohio River

• The Animal’s New Suit

• Dave Meets Alonzo Mourning

• Respect for Eddie

• A Gift for Chavo

• Eddie’s Advice

• Batista’s Lunchbox Collection

Disc Two

OVW Heavyweight Championship Match
    Leviathan vs. “The Machine” Doug Basham
    Ohio Valley Wrestling – November 28, 2001

Batista vs. Kane
    Armageddon – December 15, 2002

Batista vs. Shawn Michaels
    Armageddon – December 14, 2003

World Tag Team Championship Tables Match
    Batista & Ric Flair vs. The Dudley Boyz
    Royal Rumble – January 25, 2004

Batista vs. Chris Jericho
    Vengeance – July 11, 2004

30-Man Royal Rumble Match
    Royal Rumble – January 30, 2005

World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Batista vs. Triple H
    WrestleMania 21 – April 3, 2005

Hell in a Cell Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
    Batista vs. Triple H
    Vengeance – June 26, 2005

No Holds Barred Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
    Batista vs. JBL
    SummerSlam – August 21, 2005

Batista vs. Eddie Guerrero
    No Mercy – October 9, 2005

Disc Three

Batista vs. King Booker
    Survivor Series – November 26, 2006

Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
    Batista vs. King Booker vs. Finlay
    Smackdown! – December 1, 2006

Batista vs. The Undertaker
    WrestleMania 23 – April 1, 2007

Steel Cage Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
    Batista vs. Edge
    One Night Stand – June 3, 2007

World Heavyweight Championship w/ Special Referee “Stone Cold” Steve Austin
    Batista vs. The Undertaker
    Cyber Sunday – October 28, 2007

6-Man Tag Team Match
    Batista, Triple H & Ric Flair vs. Randy Orton, Edge, & Umaga
    Raw – December 10, 2007

Batista vs. John Cena
    SummerSlam – August 17, 2008

Batista vs. Randy Orton
    Armageddon – December 14, 2008

I got the WM 2000 Tagged Classics from Silvervision off of sendit for £12.50. It's a very poor DVD considering its retail price. It's essentially just a straight VHS - DVD transfer rather than a re-release of the original 2 disc DVD released a few years ago. I actually have a feeling that WM2000 was banned because I remember asking around for it and was told as much.

The image quality on this DVD is lousy. All kinds of video artifacts everywhere and the brightness/contrast on both discs is terrible. I thought the original DVD had the PPV itself split over two discs. I hope WM X7 won't be this poor. And the menu design is ugly.

WM_2000_thumb.jpg vs. Image038_thumb.jpg

Looks like the tagged classics releases have driven the price of the original "rare" releases though - http://cgi.ebay.ie/WWF-Wrestlemania-2000-DVD-2000_W0QQitemZ120449543107QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL?hash=item1c0b5a2bc3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A13%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200 :D

Yes it was a bit disapointing. The tagged classsics all seem a bit lack lustre to be honest. I picked up a couple summerslams 98&99 and 00,01 from silvervision. Mentioned it a couple of posts back. Watched 98 last night and while the matches were good the set up was poor and the picture again looked like vhs quality.

Still worth having but dont fancy paying full price for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

WWE1240-front.jpg

Is this for real? Bloody hell, he'll probably be retiring in a year or two anyway, wait til then before you bring out a dvd about him.

Same with Edge. A Decade of Decadence? What if he keeps wrestling for another decade?

Chronicle their whole careers or don't bother bringing out dvds about them. Theres many more greats whose backs you could make money off first

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I got the WM 2000 Tagged Classics from Silvervision off of sendit for £12.50. It's a very poor DVD considering its retail price. It's essentially just a straight VHS - DVD transfer rather than a re-release of the original 2 disc DVD released a few years ago. I actually have a feeling that WM2000 was banned because I remember asking around for it and was told as much.

The image quality on this DVD is lousy. All kinds of video artifacts everywhere and the brightness/contrast on both discs is terrible. I thought the original DVD had the PPV itself split over two discs. I hope WM X7 won't be this poor. And the menu design is ugly.

WM_2000_thumb.jpg vs. Image038_thumb.jpg

Looks like the tagged classics releases have driven the price of the original "rare" releases though - http://cgi.ebay.ie/WWF-Wrestlemania-2000-DVD-2000_W0QQitemZ120449543107QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL?hash=item1c0b5a2bc3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A13%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200 :D

Yeah I still have the VHS,saw it years ago in a HMV in Liverpool,couldnt be got here for love nor money

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

WWE dvds have a lot of artefacting anyway on the older releases,its to do with the NTSC format they were recorded in, my original WM 2000 dvd is pretty poor in places as well, looks ok upscaled though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 alan cl

does any one know what shop sells wrestlemania 16 17 or 18 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

alan cl wrote: »

They don't sell them anymore due to the WWF logo, Ebay is the best place to look for those DVDs.

alan cl wrote: »

Wrestlemania 17 avaiable shortly from Silvervision. 16 is wm2000 mentioned a few posts back

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/WrestleMania-X-Seven-DVD-2-Discs.html

Looks cheap enough on the pre order.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/40671/wwe-prepping-new-hulk-hogan-dvd.html
    World Wrestling Entertainment is working on a new Hulk Hogan DVD, which will be set for a November release.

No word yet on whether it will be simply a collection of matches or some new documentary style project, but the timing of the DVD release is interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Expect an appearance at Survivor Series in that case, if the release date is November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

WWE1240-front.jpg
    No section on his Supplementation or how to get your bicep tattooed even though its injured. I have lost all respect for this guy in relation to the Bicep injury/Wellness

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    No section on his Supplementation or how to get your bicep tattooed even though its injured. I have lost all respect for this guy in relation to the Bicep injury/Wellness

I thought people had to fail drug tests to be guilty? You should watch out for Batista is muscle/fitness magazines. Tells how he maintains his shape.

I thought people had to fail drug tests to be guilty? You should watch out for Batista is muscle/fitness magazines. Tells how he maintains his shape.

Speaking from my point of view and I train a lot and use supplements and I don't look like Batista. In relation to the drug test it depends on who's doing the testing and what they are testing for. If you want to know the secret to Batista then its the black and white classified section in Muscle and Fitness you should read. Explain to me how a guy pulls his bicep muscle and wrestles for two weeks with a strap on it , then suddenly declares himself injured then goes and gets it tattooed and is seen on a beach jumping about and still no evidence of anything on the bicep. I know if I tore a bicep a tattoo would be the last thing on my mind speaking from someone who has 12 tattoos and has torn my pec muscle before

So he is guilty with no proof. Fair enough. How many times have you written for muscle/fitness magazines?

See plenty of football players pissed up enjoying themselves when they are out injured. Its in the papers every week. You cant tell they are injured either. I think a doctor is what decides your health not a newspaper or beach photos though.

It is not unusual to see wwe stars coming back from injury with new tatoos . A simple guess why wwe stars get new tatoos when they are injured is they cannot get them when they are working as they would be ruined with the routines they perform. Easy answers to everything without accusations with no evidence.

• Advertisement

So he is guilty with no proof. Fair enough. How many times have you written for muscle/fitness magazines?

See plenty of football players pissed up enjoying themselves when they are out injured. Its in the papers every week. You cant tell they are injured either. I think a doctor is what decides your health not a newspaper or beach photos though.

It is not unusual to see wwe stars coming back from injury with new tatoos . A simple guess why wwe stars get new tatoos when they are injured is they cannot get them when they are working as they would be ruined with the routines they perform. Easy answers to everything without accusations with no evidence.

What's all the guilty and no proof are you studying to be a barrister. I've never written for Muscle and fitness but I cannot see your point in this as plenty of guys like Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler write for them and even Arnie had a regular article at one stage. I know plenty of wrestlers get tattoos when injured but generally its not in the position were the injury is and normally its carried out towards the end of the recovery period not two weeks after going out. Thanks anyway for your easy answers I guess you don't find it unusual that one of their top stars one week after getting the top belt and within the same week as wellness testing suddenly has a bicep tear which apparently he had for a month and wrestled with it without any strapping/protection and then two weeks after this gets a half sleeve tattoo and is seen jumping around a beach without a care in the world. Sure let's not dwell on it we can agree to differ

Advertisement