Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rise and Fall of WCW listings:
    WWE1239-front.jpg

Should be good. The documentary and inevitable re-writing of history will be interesting/good for a laugh and they've chosen some good matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

WCW wrote:
    Mistakes Begin

Vince Russo

Wrong way around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

HMV (Henry and Grafton St in Dublin) have a few DVDs cheap at the minute.

They got :

Undertaker 15-0 - €9
    John Cena - My Life* - €15
    The Legacy of Stone Cold* - €15
    Triple H: The King of Kings - €11
    Tombstone History of 'Taker* - €11
    The Best of Raw 15th Anniversary* - €15
    Rey Mysterio: The Biggest Little Man* - €15
    Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak and Triumph* - €15

Wrestlemania 21-24 - €15 each.

*these are 3 disc sets.

Rise and Fall of WCW listings:
    WWE1239-front.jpg

WWE1239_front.jpg

I don't know about that cover. Tiny little picture of Flair and Rhodes and NWO in the centre and Sting's "crow" character rather than the flashy superhero colours. Hope the doc's a good warts n' all type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    HMV (Henry and Grafton St in Dublin) have a few DVDs cheap at the minute.

They got :

Undertaker 15-0 - €9
    John Cena - My Life* - €15
    The Legacy of Stone Cold* - €15
    Triple H: The King of Kings - €11
    Tombstone History of 'Taker* - €11
    The Best of Raw 15th Anniversary* - €15
    Rey Mysterio: The Biggest Little Man* - €15
    Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak and Triumph* - €15

Wrestlemania 21-24 - €15 each.

*these are 3 disc sets.

thats the only one id be interested in...and 15 is a great deal! thanks dude!

(note i already have the legacy of scsa and mi not gettin a taker dvd until his career is over and it has everything in it!)

• Advertisement

The Rey DVD can't be that bad

Does the "blurring" of the WWF scratch logo bother anyone else ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The Rey DVD can't be that bad

I might pick that up myself, never got it first time round.

The DVDS are cheaper still on the HMV site. Not sure about Euro, but I picked up the Best of Raw for like £8, while it's £12.99 in the shop in Belfast. Some great bargains there. There's a few bucks off the new Macho Man set as well, online only!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Does the "blurring" of the WWF scratch logo bother anyone else ?

Yeah, especially on the ring aprons where they have to blur it, but not the wrestler in front of it.

I don't see why Vince couldn't have just paid the World Wildlife Fund so they still have to change to WWE, but don't have to blur stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Yeah, especially on the ring aprons where they have to blur it, but not the wrestler in front of it.

I don't see why Vince couldn't have just paid the World Wildlife Fund so they still have to change to WWE, but don't have to blur stuff like that

He's an egotist who couldn't believe a bunch of pandas would beat him would be my guess.

• Advertisement

Is WM XX and WM 21 any good/worth getting ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Mania XX,in my humble,was atrocious.
    I was hoping for something special but it pretty much sucked ass.

Plus the Lesner/Goldberg match was the worst match I have ever seen.
    Both out of contract,both totally uninterested.Even thinking about it now annoys me.:mad:

XXI isnt bad if you can get it on the cheap.

Just on a sidebar,Im thinking of selling my Mania Anthology boxset.It has mania 1-21 and the 4 cards with image cell intact.
    Anyone know how much its currently worth?

Is WM XX and WM 21 any good/worth getting ?

Absolutely, IMO. Though for me, neither are anywhere near the best Manias, the DVD releases are great.

WM 21- Michaels/Angle is incredible, Taker/Orton, the Money in the bank, and Rey/Eddie are all good. The HHH/Batista main isn't a great match, but the build-up and storyline make it worthwhile. The extra features on the disc are good, especially for anyone who like the "Gone Hollywood" spoofs that were done. And you get the entire HOF ceremony.

WM XX was a better show though in my book. Christian/Jericho iss great, Show/Cena was a spectacle of an opener, The Rock and Foley vs Evolution is a blast, Victoria/Molly is good, Angle/Eddie is a great technical bout (which made no sense in the story, but hey), The Undertaker's return is a good moment, and the Main Event is ****ing awesome. I even would say Goldberg/Brock, while not good, is completely worth seeing.
    Plus you get the Mania of wrestlemania documentary. and the whole set is worth it for that alone- it's outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

9 hour 50 best tag teams dvd out tommorow in the US looks brilliant, cleverly entitled Allied powers which im guessing means luger and bulldog are number 1

And proper order:pac:

I have a day off work and 38 discs of the career of El Hijo del Santo to be getting on with. I'm not even going to wash today. 80's lucha libre FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

You will not even have time to put on pants if that is your plan for the day.

Wish I were off. Have a crap load of old Japan stuff to get through but can never find the time

gimmick wrote: »
    You will not even have time to put on pants if that is your plan for the day.

Wish I were off. Have a crap load of old Japan stuff to get through but can never find the time

Underpants and Waterford jersey bai. One match down, a ew hundred odd to go. Santo was f*cking unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

HMV In Blanch Shopping Center have the following for
    €15
    Rey Mysterio-The Biggest Little Man
    Shawn Michaels-Heartbreak and Triumph
    John Cena-My Life
    Plus Mania 21 and i think the last two Mania
    €9
    Taker 15-0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

ROH big ten has a 10% discount and all three best ofs of CM Punk and Samoa Joe for a tenner each!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

There are a lot of quality matches and feuds being left of that Smackdown DVD because they don't want to feature Benoit.

The WCW DVD should hopefully be good and the Tag Team one looks brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

There are a lot of quality matches and feuds being left of that Smackdown DVD because they don't want to feature Benoit.

Yeah a good few quality matches left out because of Benoit,Edge and Rey vs Angle and Benoit 2/3 falls for the tag titles is one that wont see the light of day again unfortunately.

His series of matches with MVP that got MVP over.

His feud with Jericho.

His matches with Regal.

Are they definitely leaving Benoit off of it? If so, they may as well not bother. Think of all those incredible Smackdown 6 matches they'll miss for a start. That period when Rey, Edge, Los Guerreros, Angle and Benoit tore it up on Smackdown was possibly the greatest period of WWE TV since the Attitude era ended, especially when you look at how sh*te RAW was at the same time. Without those matches, they may as well forget putting out a Smackdown set.

# 15 – TLC III May 24, 2001

Nope, the above match is included. He might have appeared in some of Rey's early stuff too, I'm not sure.

They have short-changed us by not including more. But they are throwing in a bunch of Eddie from the period just after.

Ah lousy :(

What's the deal with that DVD anyway ? I looked at silvervision's site and the chapter list just has a list of "100 best moments" or something. The best of RAW one was good but there was some years where they'd only 1 match from it or something. Shoulda made a mad bumper boxset or something. All for the one price of course :p

They should release Best of Raw and Best of Smackdown sets for each individual year.

Same with Nitro as they own all that footage too. Does WWE own the ECW back catalog?

They should release Best of Raw and Best of Smackdown sets for each individual year.

Same with Nitro as they own all that footage too. Does WWE own the ECW back catalog?

Yep. Rise and fall of ECW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

651191947683_300x200.jpg

Here's one to look forward too, :rolleyes:

Yep, everything. A lot of the tapes are poor quality though. At least the "Deltamusic" DVDs where. They also had rotten generic dance music overdubbed on the entrance themes :(

Here, which is better to get : Viva La Raza or the Cheating Death Stealing Life DVD of Eddie's ?

• Advertisement

Yep, everything. A lot of the tapes are poor quality though. At least the "Deltamusic" DVDs where. They also had rotten generic dance music overdubbed on the entrance themes :(

Here, which is better to get : Viva La Raza or the Cheating Death Stealing Life DVD of Eddie's ?

Honestly, I'd get both. The only match thats repeated on both is the Brock Title match. Decent documentary on CDSL while VLR is packed with really good matches, especially the WCW matches that most would be less familiar with. You can't get enough Eddy at the end of the day.

Advertisement