Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British terrorist threat - Is it only a matter of time here?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

76 virgins i think, but inflation hits all comodities sooner or later though.

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Hasn't anyone told them that the virgins are all star wars geeks ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

...and for the female suicide bombers, 76 virgins might not be all that successful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

How would sharia law work in Dublin? We have to be the most intolerant bunch of people in the world bar rednecks/nazis/muslims. It is true that radicals wish to see parts the west especially London to be ruled under this law but f&*k that, I swear this will not happen in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

alphanine wrote:
    How would sharia law work in Dublin? We have to be the most intolerant bunch of people in the world bar rednecks/nazis/muslims. It is true that radicals wish to see parts the west especially London to be ruled under this law but f&*k that, I swear this will not happen in Ireland.

Think I'm missing someything in your post because it didn't really make sense. I always connected Sharia law with intolerance...or are you saying it wouldn't work because the Irish are too racist to allow it to happen? :confused: Explanation please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

stepbar wrote:
    I'm sure there are cells operating from Ireland, but I don't think they would be bothered with attacking Ireland. I can't see any reason why, apart from Shannon (maybe).
    They don't think like regular military tacticians. Their aim is to cause as much bloodshed and publicity as possible, not bomb tactial sites of operational value.

The very fact we let the USAF use Shannon makes us a target, full stop.

I've been saying that we've been sleep-walking in this country for years now. Back in the 70's/80's you would be searched *going into* Dublin Airport. Nowdays, no security on entry.

Believe me - something will happen in the next three years here, more than likely in one of the many big Dublin shopping centers combined with Dublin Airport. Just watch the finger-pointing start and Corporal O'Dea's wiggling after it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Believe me - something will happen in the next three years here, more than likely in one of the many big Dublin shopping centers combined with Dublin Airport.

That sounded like a threat...TERRORIST!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I think the fact we feel the need to give this airtime is putting ideas into the heaeds of would be nutters "why didnt we think of Ireland before...".Not good :(

The do gooder anti-war crew highlighted the US flights at Shannon, nobody knew fúck all till they piped up, now we're on the radar for god knows what :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

Believe me - something will happen in the next three years here, more than likely in one of the many big Dublin shopping centres combined with Dublin Airport.

Liffey Valley S.C was put on bomb alert on Sat & Sun from 12-6:rolleyes: How ridiculous, 2 security guards at each entrance to shoot their imaginary guns at burning jeeps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Britain being in Iraq is not the reason for the bombing, it is an excuse.
    While I partially agree with the idea of an excuse, one of the guys arrested over the last few days is Iraqi.

• Advertisement

Leon11 wrote:
    Liffey Valley S.C was put on bomb alert on Sat & Sun from 12-6:rolleyes: How ridiculous, 2 security guards at each entrance to shoot their imaginary guns at burning jeeps :D

Most shopping centres are better protected forn this type of attack, as they have anti "ram raid" bollards installed.
    That type of attack was unexpected at airports, they will soon have these bollards fitted, I expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

obl wrote:
    Islamist Terrorists/Jihadists striking here would be like them striking Canada. All the same effort to strike their real enemies' neighbours? Not worth it, surely. Right here is probably the safest place to be.

Canada has lots of troop in Afghanistan which are heavily involved in fighting the Taleban & Al Quaeda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

I honestly don't think we are a target.
    I think we are littered with extremists here though, and that we are possibly a breeding ground for uninterrupted cells. A little haven for them.
    Just my opinion.
    Lets see where this "eight suspect" turns up in the recent botched car bombings in Glasgow and London.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Without being racist, I think its high time we stood up to these murdering thugs.

Seriously they want to erase our way of life and have us all living under Shiria law.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

pithater1 wrote:
    Without being racist, I think its high time we stood up to these murdering thugs.
    How do you propose to do this?

bug wrote:
    Lets see where this "eight suspect" turns up in the recent botched car bombings in Glasgow and London.

Australia! another doctor..
    Some islamic doctors obviously take the hyppocrytic oath before they arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Victor wrote:
    How do you propose to do this?

I really have no idea. Protest marches etc maybe?

At least we have to wake up and realise that there is a genuine threat to our way of lives out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Victor wrote:
    While I partially agree with the idea of an excuse, one of the guys arrested over the last few days is Iraqi.

coincidence? One was Jordanian but Britain and Jordon have traditionally had very good relations.

These Muslim extremists don't recognise political borders, isn't that what they claim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

We'd crack down hard on Islam. Mosques would be monitored and the Islam forum would be closed.

There would be complaints from the lily livered God botherer brigade so all religion would be stopped.

There would be a reaction against this and the who country would turn to Ireslamm our own new religion which is like Islam without all the praying and abstinence from Bacon and Whiskey.

This new religion spreads around the world like Wildfire ENRAGING the Middle Eastern theocracies.

We set the Irish rangers and Bernard Dunne on them and gain control of the world's oil.

Bang DarkMan is elected leader for life and locked in Harem.

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

pithater1 wrote:

Seriously they want to erase our way of life and have us all living under Shiria law.

Man, will you switch your brain on before you post. Why do think there were no terrorist attacks in the UK before they invaded Iraq? Just a coincidence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Frankly, if recent events in the UK were the best attempts at terrorism these guys could make, I wouldn't be worried in the least.

Your average 10 year old could do better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

pithater1 wrote:
    I really have no idea. Protest marches etc maybe?
    What do we want?

Murdering thugs out!

When do we want it?

Now!

All the murdering thugs pack up their bags and WMDs, and leave Ireland forever. Yep, that should do the trick all right.
    At least we have to wake up and realise that there is a genuine threat to our way of lives out there.
    Do you actually believe what you're saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

We'd crack down hard on Islam. Mosques would be monitored and the Islam forum would be closed.

There would be complaints from the lily livered God botherer brigade so all religion would be stopped.

There would be a reaction against this and the who country would turn to Ireslamm our own new religion which is like Islam without all the praying and abstinence from Bacon and Whiskey.

This new religion spreads around the world like Wildfire ENRAGING the Middle Eastern theocracies.

We set the Irish rangers and Bernard Dunne on them and gain control of the world's oil.

Bang DarkMan is elected leader for life and locked in Harem.

while i agree with you that we should crack down on mosques in this country
    i disagree with you when you say that god botherers would be up in arms
    practicing catholics are perfectly practical about the threat from radical islam
    its the politically correct wooly liberals who would be up in arms over the hardline on mosques, islamic forums etc
    you see , to wooly libs , muslims are sacred cows , thier out of bounds like other minoritys as regards criticism
    it even rubs off on regular folk like the person on this page who said i dont meant to sound racist but we need to do something about theese killers
    she didnt even mention a particular race in her sentence yet due to the fact that muslims themselves or the thought police charge others with racism for the slightest criticism of islmaic fascists, she felt the need to appologise
    besides , islam is not a race

i myself take a very gloves off apporach , i want this country to prevent any more muslims coming into this country , i do not want ireland to become like the uk or even the netherlands , one of thee most tollerant countrys in the world which despise thier efforts to be inclusive of every culture , have a major problem with thier muslim population , yes the netherlands
    religon is man made and thus islam is man made ,a regressive and opressive twisted piece of garbage that is completely incompatible with 21st century secular democrocy, which treats women worse than animals and which would dictate every aspect of a countrys citizens life we it to be enforced to the degree which its followers wish , dont be fooled by the jaded line that only a handfull of muslims want sharia law in ireland ,something like 20% do , this is a phonomenoly hight minoroty , this sharia law allows women to be stoned to death for commiting adultery and used a book wrote over a thousand yrs ago as its legal framework, yet the wooly liberals in the name of tollerance claim it is merely a cultural difference
    someone mentioned earlier that we need to shut down the islamic forums
    anyone that has ever ventured in there should agree with this sentiment , the views in there presented by muslims who live in this contry are truly chilling
    i was in there the other day and the debate was over whether stoning to death was the best form of penalty by death, i witnessed intelligent articulate people casually debating all aspects of stoning and not a single muslims condemm it , many thought it was appropriate simply because the prophet approoved it
    i posted a reply registering by abbhorrence and was threated with a ban for being apparently racist because i said people with theese views should not be allowed in ireland
    free speech in those forums is completely curbed , no one can have a view that is categorically opposed to the islamic way of life
    as i said you are branded a racist, unfortunatly theese islamic fascists have a key ally in the secular left who would lay down thier life in thier defence of theese regreesives , such is thier devotion to what they see as tollerance

we the irish people need to contact our political leaders and demand that immigration in this country is reviewed as regards muslims enterring ireland
    muslims have never fully integrated into any european country
    in the usa they have because over there all citizens must swear allegiance to the usa and place thier own mother country and culture in second place, they call it the melting pot , where as in the uk , they take the views that having a little corner of pakistan in london or birmingham is perfectly fine and the way a modern free country should be

this has been a disaster in the uk , those who claim its all down to the uk being invovled in iraq are fools , islamic crazies hate everything about the west and we in ireland are part of the west , they see us as worthy of killing for the crime of young girls in tight mini skirts behaving flirtisously in temple bar on a saturday night
    besides , 99% of the killing in iraq is being commited by muslim against muslim
    the barbaric violence is endemic within the muslim people , how many countries where thier leader has been removed have acted this way , turned against thier neighbour, it didnt happen here , , thier is an ingrained violent and fanatical strain within muslims and i hope that reality dawns on the irish people before its too late

if i am branded a biggot , you cant call me a racist because islam is not a race , remember a person cannot help what colour thier skin is , they can help whether or not they live thier life according to a book
    so if this country deals with the islamic problem , then i for one am fine with being branded a bigot or incorrectly a racist
    ive no problem with poles , lithuanians , black people , chineese coming into the country, theyve helped build our economy but muslims , NO

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Quite possibly the dumbest load of tripe that has ever been posted here. ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Good post irish_bob, very well thought out !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

irish_bob wrote:
    i want this country to prevent any more muslims coming into this country
    Presumably you'd also need a state enforced ban on conversions to Islam as well, though? Or at least introduce other measures like, you know, preventing Muslims from owning property, or perhaps paying a special tax?
    i posted a reply registering by abbhorrence and was threated with a ban for being apparently racist because i said people with theese views should not be allowed in ireland
    What are you talking about? You seem to have a fascination with being "not a racist", you keep on bringing it up and demanding that you aren't one. Nobody mentioned racism, you were warned for going off on a bizarre tangent about immigration in that thread.
    those who claim its all down to the uk being invovled in iraq are fools
    Where were all the so-called Islamic terrorists two hundred, one hundred, fifty, or twenty-five years ago? Same religion, same Qur'an.

InFront wrote:
    Where were all the so-called Islamic terrorists two hundred, one hundred, fifty, or twenty-five years ago? Same religion, same Qur'an.

They were fighting the Jews, Russians, western imperialists etc; sometimes defending sometimes attacking.

But then again, I suppose the same could be said for all non-islamics as well during tha past two hundred years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I'm not talking about local conflicts or responding to invasions within regions, but international terrorism.
    The fact that some people see international terrorism as an international crusade of Islam and that things like western interference is "an excuse" is irritating, to believe that you have to blindfold yourself to the fact that it is a new phenomenon whereas Islam is very old.

Anyone who thinks that terrorist attacks are unrelated to Iraq (going back a hundred years), Afghanistan, Palestine and other middle eastern interference is kidding themselves. It reminds me of the physical maxim 'for every action, there is a reaction'. You can't start kicking the middle east up the ass without a reason for very long before someone tries to blow your leg off.

To say this is an ancient vendetta of a religion is just stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

InFront I'm not talking about local conflicts or responding to invasions within regions, but international terrorism.
    The fact that some people see international terrorism as an international crusade of Islam and that things like western interference is "an excuse" is irritating, to believe that you have to blindfold yourself to the fact that it is a new phenomenon whereas Islam is very old.

Anyone who thinks that terrorist attacks are unrelated to Iraq (going back a hundred years), Afghanistan, Palestine and other middle eastern interference is kidding themselves. It reminds me of the physical maxim 'for every action, there is a reaction'. You can't start kicking the middle east up the ass without a reason for very long before someone tries to blow your leg off.

To say this is an ancient vendetta of a religion is just stupid

this guy here ,IN FRONT , . this guy is the one who was participating in a discussion about stoning people to death in the islmaic forum
    he felt that stoning to death had a place in society and his mate in there thought stoning to death was no more barbaric than lethal injection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Please learn to quote bob, yours posts are far too confusing.

Advertisement