Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British terrorist threat - Is it only a matter of time here?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Victor wrote:
    It merely matters that someone who reads the comment knows who Terry is and that the comment is one that fits the definitons for defamation. You or I don't need to know who Terry is for the defamation to be actionable.

ah now I see, one of terry's friends could see it and they obviosly know him, I think it's a whole lot better in the US as far as I know you can say anything about anyone just as long as it's obviously in jest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Terry wrote:
    It's not entirely anonymous.
    The Admins can actually trace you to your home address, should they wish.
    Well if you were using a Tor node or other proxy anonymiser, you could in fact be 100% anonymous, unless you managed to assasinate Bush over the internet or some such, and even then a lot of the proxy guys physically destroy records daily. This is also a handy way to get around bans, should one feel like stepping over to the dark side (not that I ever have).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

MooseJam wrote:
    not really, he was a bit smart and fairly aggressive but I didn't see any rules broken, no personal abuse or the like.

i have to agree, i saw no rule break,

terry
    to be honest, i think you were a slight bit harsh, its funny because it almost mirrors the hard line that franz ferdinand is talking about...
    if you cant understand them or agree with them...... ban them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

He implied that all muslims are terrorists.
    There is a thread in feedback.
    You can discuss it further there if you want.

Note. He was only banned from AH for a week. The site ban was for something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Terry wrote:
    He implied that all muslims are terrorists.

you'll be banning people for a while so id say.

but as a mod to the most heavily censored forum on the '.ie' web domain,
    its your call.:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement