Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The Dominoes pizza ad during the simpsons, where the guy says 'oh where's the phooone or fooood' or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Bro! wrote:
    Really like the current 11850-the 2 guys running around race track @ least I think thats the number!

What was the point in changing eleven eight fifty to one one eight fifty?!

jb91 wrote:
    What was the point in changing eleven eight fifty to one one eight fifty?!
    I'm guessing so it matches up with the UK counterparts. Sounds crap though, 1-1-8-5-0 would have suited the song better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Crubeens

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet..but that ad where the guy and girl are sitting on a bench and he pretends that his bottle of coke is ringing. Ridiculous.

Note how her smile is frozen on her face and she totally avoids making eye contact; the girl is terrified. Neither does she go near the coke he hands her - if you look closely enough the coke is purple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I like that ad too. I think it's kind of sweet actually. Or maybe it's just cos I like the look of the girl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 queencakes

The GAA ad where the girl is watching the match and gets so carried away with intensity and passion of the match shouts......................

"Come on Tommy for God's Sake"

Ya right - really gets on my t1ts

Ah the technological wonder that is sky plus where I suffer ads no more. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

queencakes wrote:
    Ah the technological wonder that is sky plus where I suffer ads no more. :D

Isn't it well for some...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭sjaakie

that sly voice: fitzpaaaaatrick from fitzpatrick furniture.

used to be on the radio, is now on the telly aswell.. omg.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

I hate that christmas starts earlier every year,theres been selection boxes in tesco since the first week of september and now byrnes world of toys are advertising for christmas.
    theres very few adverts i actually like,most of them are annoying so you remember them and moan about them like we are now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The aero ad where the guy with the bung eye tries to be sexy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

boreds wrote:

he is wicked yuk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

faceman wrote:
    Its Hein-O!

You better be joking !

If you're not then f**k right off !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

faceman wrote:
    Its Hein-O!

You better be joking !

If you're not then f**k right off !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

boreds wrote:
    The guy who was in Sex and The City? What a slime-bucket.
    Barrys Tea ads piss me right off the way they try to do a soap opera thing - they're embarrassing.

Thought I'd put this here though its at the other end of the scale.

I like that road safety ad where a couple are at it in a car and he climaxes prematurely. Had me in stitches the way it was presented. Only ever seen it in cinemas though, don't think it would be allowed on television unless someone can prove me wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

boreds wrote:
    the aero guy? totally NOT sexy

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭sjaakie

the bananananana ringtone makes me feel like getting up and dancing, which is annoying :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I really really really hate the ads for a chewing gum, where a person dresses in a white outfit and acts like they are fighting tooth decay.

Urrg, even thinking about them is bugging me, I'm off for some tea.

stupid bloody ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

"you missed the boat then"... stupid butter ad. And the other one is just as bad "do they use REAL butter?"
    Churchill insurance with the dog "yes"! Hate it!

Johnny Logan. full stop.
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The add with the inner child..."Hello"

Really really annoying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The eircon ads that use the music from "I Heart Huckabees". Yep they're defo making the list. Clearly scripted by some moron who saw Amelie too many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That Heineken ad that everyone has mentioned....the guy drinks Heineken and the guy in his head deletes his memories. So Heineken causes memory loss???

Also, Johnny Logan McDonalds ad. The guy that has used the girls 'tinted moisturiser'. It's not fecking tinted moisturiser, cos that's like foundation and the guy would notice if he was putting beigey liquid on his face. It's bloody self-tanning moisturiser he has used.

Get it right.....you plank!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

that new aquatech add with the plank of a woman coming home to here green energy home who cant act & is muck ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Also, Johnny Logan McDonalds ad. The guy that has used the girls 'tinted moisturiser'. It's not fecking tinted moisturiser, cos that's like foundation and the guy would notice if he was putting beigey liquid on his face. It's bloody self-tanning moisturiser he has used.

Get it right.....you plank!!

But the mother in that ad is a total yummy mummy!

(or did I get that wrong? Is she supposed to be his sister?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

fricatus wrote: »
    But the mother in that ad is a total yummy mummy!

(or did I get that wrong? Is she supposed to be his sister?)

I think it was the ma. You can forget about it tho ya plank, she had that look in her eye like she was only interested in a length of the Logan.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

meldrew wrote: »
    That Mcdonalds ad where the blokes mates first take the mickey out of him then end up working there because of the great rates opportunities etc , like I cant remember the last time I saw an Irish person working in Mcdonalds !
    If it's any consolation, I know the guy (the one taking the piss) in that ad, and he detests it too. Should you ever meet him, be sure to ask if he'd 'like fries with that'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

My god. Every time that Vauxhall Zafira ad comes on with those two stupid fat English kids pretending they're all grown up + talking shíte in general, I just have to scramble around looking for the remote to turn the tv off or hit mute or something. Every time. If I ever somehow meet these kids in real life I'm going to have to bash their faces in. It was bad enough when there was just one ad, but they've turned into a fúcking series.

Anyone else feel the same? Any other adverts that get on your tits?

I'll tell you what ad really sh!tes me to tears is that Dominos pizza ad at the ad-breaks for the Simpsons when your man goes "oh where's the phone" in a really annoying english whinge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

The Bank of Ireland ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

"This is your liddle inner voice"!**** off ya little ****ehawk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Cadbury Gorilla ad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement