Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Its not really an ad,

But those little graphical things RTE2 do with the green background, just before each program starts. They really really really annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I hate the new "Act on Impulse" ads, where some guy sees a girl and then places an classified ad looking for her. That's not acting on impulse. If he was acting on impulse he would of pulled his finger out and gone up to the girl in the first place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

toothie wrote:
    The ad that drives me absolutely crazy has to be that air freshener one with the little boy in the toilet saying "It's all gone, it's all gone..." Makes me really mad, I hate it! :eek:

That advert is just so ****ed up. How does the kid know that an air freshener that is at least 6 feet away from him, is empty?? And why is he talking to himself inside the jacks??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The comfort or lenor ads with the characters looking like clothes or whatever. Really really annoy me - especially the regge one

Yeah, they're desperate. The puppets are called Darren and Lisa. How middle England.

The lamest thing about it is that if you save up like 50,000 tokens and 50p, you can send off for one of those dolls. Who in their right mind...? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Pigman II wrote:
    Is that a real pub at the end of the ad?

The outside of it, where they all meet the weird screaming guy is a pub in Wellington, not sure about the inside. I presume it's in NZ somewhere though as the whole ad was filmed here. I read a news article about it, it's only shown in Ireland. That's why some of them have Irish accents. The guy on the horse though is a kiwi, as far as I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

watna wrote:
    The outside of it, where they all meet the weird screaming guy is a pub in Wellington, not sure about the inside. I presume it's in NZ somewhere though as the whole ad was filmed here. I read a news article about it, it's only shown in Ireland. That's why some of them have Irish accents. The guy on the horse though is a kiwi, as far as I remember.

But I don't think there's any Irish accents in that ad. Are you thinking of the other bud ad where they're going to the bbq and dragging stuff behind them?
    They just end up at a barbeque.

Anyway they're crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lbourkey

For a laugh check out this - a group of lads on the nitelink doing the Financial Regulator ad - magic

[http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdJSrldXtc4

Tampon ads are pretty crap but in fairness 50% of the adult population have to use them so fair enough.

Worst ads: Glomobi - how about this annoying baby? Why? Why? Why?

Have to admit that Banana Phone ad does make me laugh every time though.

Ads on Paramount for Lee fookin Evans - he's on every night anyway - why advertise. And he's pi*s.

Diet coke - patronising wankrs

'You'd never clean your sink with a dirty sponge' - yes I would

Any Northern Irish ads in particular the fire safety ones where the dead child has managed to scrawl something horrific like 'You didn't turn the cooker off Mammy' in the charred remains of their cot before choking to death. Irresponsible and just plain crap ads

More will come to me I'm sure.

Oh yeah - Welcome to the Memory Hotel. Makes me so angry!!!

Enrico Cordozo - bugger off

You don't use Calgon do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

lbourkey wrote:
    You don't use Calgon do you?

"No, why?"

duh its f*ckin obvious!! :mad: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

That carlsberg ad out at the moment with the brother and sister in the bar.Why does yer man start out with an irish accent and then start doing this really bad noo yawk impression as he goes along.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I hate that head n shoulders ad with that mullet-headed scrote called Nicky or whatever.He apparantly has "a look for every occasion" ie he looks like a wanker in every single one of them,the greasy haired ratbag."windswept and interesting,the intellectual..or just plain gorgeous.."AAArgh!!He wants a good kicking so they have to shave his head to put the stitches in!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

"What's my Stenaline? Take as many xtreme ironing phwotos as possible.
    How could I resist? I'm a complete f*cking twit".

Anyone mentioned the stupefyingly nonsensical norn iron road safety ad with the Billie Barry types singing "Another Brick In the Wall"?

"Stop. Look. Listen. HOORAY!!!"
    *cue scumbag sitting on car bonnet looking confused/bewildered*
    "What's going on... these kids are krayzee!!!"

And my current favourite is that fat little piece of sh1t gurning his way through the cheese string ad.

"GOTTA DANCE!!!!" Yeah, and? What? Why? What's that got to do with cheese? "Thanks mate". F*ck off.

Davedubh wrote:
    That carlsberg ad out at the moment with the brother and sister in the bar.Why does yer man start out with an irish accent and then start doing this really bad noo yawk impression as he goes along.

That is the whole idea.
    An Irish guy (complete with Irish Accent) is chatting up an American girl. Her fella arrives in and he pretends to be her brother to avoid a clobbering. He would not be a very convincing brother if he spoke in a big thick monaghan accent, so he puts on a Nue Yoike accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Two I really feel sick at are the one for the nail infection and the antiperspirant one with the guy that has streams of water flowing out from under his arms. I feel absolutely like throwing up when I see either. The other ones I hate are the ones on daytime tv for loan consolidation companies and they have poor unfortunate creatures on saying how their lives have been changed by rolling all their debts into one and paying off the balance over the next thousand years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Forgot the Centra ones with the woman walking around in her knickers and the one with the shot of the girls backside as she carries the shopping home. Grrrhhh! Turned me into a raving feminist!

Lizzykins wrote:
    Forgot the Centra ones with the woman walking around in her knickers and the one with the shot of the girls backside as she carries the shopping home. Grrrhhh! Turned me into a raving feminist!

:eek:

I never saw them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

The Coca Cola add with the guy giving the bottle of Coke to the girl after pretending to voice the Nokia tone.

Obviously whoever in Coca Cola saw the pitch did not watch the Christmas episode of Little Britain where 'Jilly Cooper, dahling' was phoning Bubbles de Vere.

Creative agency? More like Copying agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

prospect wrote:
    That is the whole idea.
    An Irish guy (complete with Irish Accent) is chatting up an American girl. Her fella arrives in and he pretends to be her brother to avoid a clobbering.

The bit I don't get about that ad is why the girl goes along with the Irish guy. That doesn't make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

obviously it's his oirish charm coupled with the smell of stale lager on his breath....and that dude she's going out with probably beats her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"I don't know what a tracker mortgage is"

Degsy wrote:
    I hate that head n shoulders ad with that mullet-headed scrote called Nicky or whatever.He apparantly has "a look for every occasion" ie he looks like a wanker in every single one of them,the greasy haired ratbag."windswept and interesting,the intellectual..or just plain gorgeous.."AAArgh!!He wants a good kicking so they have to shave his head to put the stitches in!

Yeah, Micky... if that's what women want, then I don't want women any more. Please, some woman, post on this forum and tell us that Micky is a nob and you wouldn't be seen dead with such a gimp face.

I swear, the only time I would want to be in the same county as Micky is if we were both down a dark alleyway, and I was wearing a hood, and standing over him with a baseball bat - one with a few nails driven into it. I'd give him a look for that particular occasion, I tell ya!

That_Guy wrote:
    "I don't know what a tracker mortgage is"

I'm dying to stand up on a bus and shout that out.

That'd be excellent. It's tempting. Oh so tempting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Spades

those Daft Dave and the monkey ads do my f****ing head in:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

The "happy" fibre supplement ad with the smiling drowning people.
    "You could be happy" when you use our product and finally drop the captains log, release the beast etc (childish, I know...). Until then it's tough s***!:)

Oh I thought of another one. I'm sure somebody's mentioned it before but I'm just not bothered going through pages and pages of stuff....

CILLIT BANG.........BANG AND THE DIRT IS GONE

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

fricatus wrote:
    I'm dying to stand up on a bus and shout that out.
    It's been done :D

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=IdJSrldXtc4

Brilliant.

• Advertisement

Kaiser2000 wrote:

Aw, total class... legends!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement