Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

madrab wrote: »
    that new aquatech add with the plank of a woman coming home to here green energy home who cant act & is muck ugly
    I think that add is absolutely hilarious. It's so bad. How in the hell did the guys making it think it was sexy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Johnny88

Not sure if I hate this ad but anyway the new Carlsberg ad...wtf does the guy say to the girl in irish at the very end? Something about a lovely milky girl??? Yeah I did pass irish if ya havent guessed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Lucozade one with the bears in the forest, no ad has ever pissed me off like that one has, it's just so...ARGHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

madrab wrote: »
    that new aquatech add with the plank of a woman coming home to here green energy home who cant act & is muck ugly

lmao. whats going on with her accent, about half way through she loses it for a while!!

these xmas dvds ads annoy the hell outa me. esp the billy connolly ones, every year its the exact same. (if only it didnt make such easy choice for the father's present)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Davedubh wrote: »
    "This is your liddle inner voice"!**** off ya little ****ehawk.

Homer should leave Bart alone and choke that moron instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I don't like those Airwick adverts.

You're a filthy f*cking animal living in a house with other filthy f*cking animals... why the hell do care about your house smelling nice... Do octopod even have noses?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Cadbury Gorilla ad.

Agreed. Half the population is going around saying how great that ad is, but I... just... don't... get... it...

Brilliantly produced though, I'll give it that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

HavoK wrote: »
    The Lucozade one with the bears in the forest, no ad has ever pissed me off like that one has, it's just so...ARGHHHH

+1billion!

Dear christ, how the f*** are they still showing that ad!?
    The eye cinema plays that ad before EVERY screening too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

My latest one is the weetabix ad with the horrible D4 kiddy dubbing over the original voiceovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Johnny88 wrote: »
    Not sure if I hate this ad but anyway the new Carlsberg ad...wtf does the guy say to the girl in irish at the very end? Something about a lovely milky girl??? Yeah I did pass irish if ya havent guessed

He says something like 'cailín bothair bainne!', basically he's just yelling random crap out in Irish to impress foreign girls who can't speak it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

GDM wrote: »
    My latest one is the weetabix ad with the horrible D4 kiddy dubbing over the original voiceovers.

Sweet. Titty****ing. Christ.

Is murder a crime? Please tell me it's not.
    This ad is unbelievably infuriating, so much so that I now laugh dementedly at it instead of getting angry for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Also, Vodafone

Make this Christmas truly magical...buy a phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Johnny88 wrote: »

You must be joking, its the best ad out this year. Is maith liom caca milis, Sharon Ni Beholain :D It always reminds me of these yanks we ran into in Prague, when the bird credited my ability to speak English (something my mate had said to him in the US as well) I knew it was waffling time, so I started ag caint ar mo thoin as Gaelige, getting them to toast the drinks with a slainte mo chairde. Which led to Im of Irish Descent time and the incredible claim from said bird that her grandmother was from Ireland and didnt speak any English when she arrived in the US as a girl :confused: (as far as I recall school has been compulsory since around the famine, as has the teaching of English. By that reckoning Id guess that the last Irish people in Ireland who couldnt speak any English died out by the 1940s :p Of course i didnt bother mentioning it, i was tryna get stuck in, but my mate and I had trouble keeping a straight face. Additionally i got the number of a Swiss bird i went out with a few times by teaching her "Ta tu go halainn" and all this sh1te :) Nearly laughed my bollix off when this fine Pole i used to work with said some Irish lad at a party she was at at the weekend had been drunk and teaching her Irish, i knew his game :)

Hate the new mackers ad for the new chicken burger with the deep voiceover on the bird. And the ad with the elf girl for bank of Ireland or whoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

It's been a couple of years now since it was shown but those Nicotennell ads or whatever it was called with your one, Sue, who was giving us a progress report of giving up smoking!! Did my head in!

At the moment, I actually quite like a lot of the ads that are out there. Except the Budweiser ones. This new one where your man is searching for the 'Greeaannnnnnarh' bar or whatever it's frickin called. So, we're seriously expected to believe he was thick enough to visit every pub starting with Gr on his Golden Pages list, but didn't look through the whole list first to see which ones were near each other.

And jingles. I hate jingles.
    Found myself singing 'one two three dot ie, just log on and save money' all day today, and now I've 'fitzpaaatrrriiick' in my head.

I like the Halifax, Amstel and Aero ads. And I must be the only person on this thread who still finds 'HI I'M BARRY SCOTT' entertaining. The Financial Regulator ads are great as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Sheilas Wheels.....I want whoever thought this advert up taken out and shot, and that ****in car along with those 3 tone deaf whores burnt out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

DarkJager wrote: »
    Sheilas Wheels.....I want whoever thought this advert up taken out and shot, and that ****in car along with those 3 tone deaf whores burnt out...

+1 million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

DarkJager wrote: »

sheila.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

WindSock wrote: »
    The aero ad where the guy with the bung eye tries to be sexy.

It even worse when they have the sighing woman voiceover, just to patronise you and tell you when you're supposed to get aroused. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hallifax ads full stop. Why just they quit the pussy footing and just call them "****".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

I hate the mc donalds one with the tinted moisturiser

1)The tacky "put on" accent "Im gooooiiinnnnn" TWIT!

2)The attitude he has with the mother, The way he says "what" with a ignorant head on him, kick the little twats face in if he was my son-Plus he took some of her moisturiser THIEF:D

3)Whats he bitching for he gets a day off school(cos his mam fainted/ looking like a twit with the make up) PLUS free Mc Ds Happy Days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 phit_demon

It's probably been mentioned already, but the Bank Of Ireland ad with the stupid pixie tart who can't speak properly kills me. Is it just me, or does she say (and I'm typing this exactly), "Is that just fairytale?". It should be: "Is that just A fairtytale?" right? Please tell me someone else has noticed this!

What a muppet, and the fact that they isolate that part of the ad to highlight her feck-up is completely retarded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I may be going mad, but I always heard it as 'It's not just a fairytale!'

I hate that line anyway, it's so forced. 'FAIRYTALE! SHE'S A FAIRY! GET IT? GET IT? AREN'T WE CLEVER?'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

phit_demon wrote: »
    It's probably been mentioned already, but the Bank Of Ireland ad with the stupid pixie tart who can't speak properly kills me. Is it just me, or does she say (and I'm typing this exactly), "Is that just fairytale?". It should be: "Is that just A fairtytale?" right? Please tell me someone else has noticed this!

What a muppet, and the fact that they isolate that part of the ad to highlight her feck-up is completely retarded!

myyyyy firrrst cawr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

i couldn't be arsed to read the other pages but..

meteor ads
    yes that bank of ireland ad
    mc donalds ads
    those comfort ones with the people made out of fabric, they just really really bug me

oh and Daz ads

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i believe she says "its not just fairytales"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

And let's conveniently ignore that she spends the ad yapping away about buying this-and-that whilst the rest of the fairies are toiling away in the back.

Yeah right luv, lolling around with your head in the clouds and exercising your gob all day long is a sure path to finding yourself running the company one day. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

All those dubbed ads drive me mad. The faux Irish accents added to UK ads are maddening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Yeah I think she does say that and Yes, it has always annoyed me.

More annoying ads:
    The fireman with the cat....
    Vodafone xmas ad - so fake and cutesy
    AIB ad with the actor - "it's sweet", smug looking little fecker. They feel the need to add 'The people featured in this ad have received gratuities for their time.' I'd bloody hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

I hate that coors light advert with the snow people going down the moutain and throwing heads at each other. The music is sickening too :mad:

oh and those cilit bang ads!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

DEFINITELY definitely the viralief ad. Hands down. Hate the music too just some people singing the worst advertising music ever...."Going to get some viralief, going get some viralief, gonna cream that mutha outta there!". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement