Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

That_Guy wrote:
    Oh I thought of another one. I'm sure somebody's mentioned it before but I'm just not bothered going through pages and pages of stuff....

CILLIT BANG.........BANG AND THE DIRT IS GONE

HI, I'M BARRY SCOTT!

He says it like he's a household name, like Elvis Presley or Nelson Mandela. Like who the fcuk is Barry Scott?

On the subject of shouters... MICROWAVES, PLASMAS, DVDS... PRICES SLASHED! HARVEY NORMAN SUPERSTORES, GO HARVEY GO!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

All those TV Licence enforcement ads. So unrealistic. How many of them speak fluent Chinese? Or polish, Russian etc etc. A total waste of money imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Bond-007 wrote:
    All those TV Licence enforcement ads. So unrealistic. How many of them speak fluent Chinese? Or polish, Russian etc etc. A total waste of money imho.

Watch enough of them and you'd think that failure to pay your TV licence is a bigger crime than mass homicide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Probably been mentioned but those Heinken memory bank ads, especially the one where he keeps shouting his name, so annoying.

My latest is the one where the guy on the mobile on the train has to keep running to stay out of the tunnel. At one point he's running in the same spot waving at girls on the outside (i.e. running as fast as a train doing about 40 mph)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pnag

AAAAAAARRRGH!

I hate those Heineken "Memory Hotel" ads too, especially the one with the guy shouting, but FFS he's not shouting his name!

Kerrrrist, he's asking for a beer - I think it's in Portugese or Brazilian Portugese - as bad as the ad is, why would he shout his name?!? The guy even says at the end of the ad, "Oh, you want a beer!"

So, please, can we leave the 'Rodrigo Cardozo' comments out, cause that's definitely not what he's saying.

Yes, the ad is like watching old people eat though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

even though i drink beer and have a mobile phone, i DESPISE beer ads and mobile operator ads. Especially mobile operators.

Pretentious and they always act like they're so cool and have a god like status. Drives me mad.

Beer ads are just dumb. They are almost always set in some foreign country and some all beer drinkers are young college bums too cool for school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

that f'n axa ad with that smug pr!ck saying be sure, not just insured! you'd want to be insured for 4 times the f'n price from anyone else

or that ad with the guy and his 'dad' who looks about 3 years older than him sharing a bathroom, get him the best razor or something along those lines

the sponsor this child with flies crawlin up his nose ad just in the middle of dinner hour between the news and home and away.

or those ba..ba...ba..ba..baby bell ads

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

The pug-faced hab saying "Oh we just go out with the girls for a few drinks"... then it shows her having one too many then shows her falling around the place... fkucing slut - was hopin shed get rohypnolled or hit by a passin car or somethin.. tramp... Drink Responsibly... ya right... should be - Die happy - kill a dumb blonde...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

pnag wrote:

Kerrrrist, he's asking for a beer - I think it's in Portugese or Brazilian Portugese - as bad as the ad is, why would he shout his name?!? The guy even says at the end of the ad, "Oh, you want a beer!"

So, please, can we leave the 'Rodrigo Cardozo' comments out, cause that's definitely not what he's saying.

Are you nuts!? "JOHN MURPHY"....Oh he wants a beer obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

pnag wrote:

Ehhhh... yes it is.... how much bloody Portuguese do you know?

I shared an apartment with Brazilians in Madrid, so I understand a lot of Portuguese, though I can only talk back in Spanish.

If he was asking for a beer, he'd say "queria uma cerveja" or "uma cerveja, faz favor". He's saying "Rodrigo Cardozo" and what's more, he's saying it in a Brazilian accent. Their R is practically a H, which is why it sounds like "hodrigo cahdozo".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

so there pnag, don't contradict me. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anoyone remeber that mobile phone ad for Tweety I think the bird was singing that damn annoying song.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

lbourkey wrote:
    Oh yeah - Welcome to the Memory Hotel. Makes me so angry!!!

Enrico Cordozo - bugger off

The advertising has clearly worked like a dream on you, you remember the name.

Now go and buy some Heineken! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Cabaal wrote:
    The advertising has clearly worked like a dream on you, you remember the name.

Now go and buy some Heineken! :)

Its Hein-O!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Heineken - a sh!t drink with sh!t ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

How came that mother with the kids in the pension ads is chinese and her kids are white?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

White father?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I can't stand those new impulse ads. The ones with some guy pissing about, a girl walks by, tries on some impules, the guy notices her and then puts out a classified ad. And the slogan is "Act on Impulse". Acting on impulse would be going up to the girl straight away, not going home and ringing up a newspaper to place an ad she quite likely won't see!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Don't know why, but the new Vodafone mobile broadband ads really bug me. You know the one with the Wan in the red outfit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

Mossy Monk wrote:
    White father?
    Then theyd be half caste,but theyre not.

• Advertisement

I actually hate the sponsored by Vodafone thing on the Champions League at the beginning and during ad breaks. Is it supposed to be funny?

Davedubh wrote:
    Then theyd be half caste

Not in all cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Hey look at that. A thread I created is at 11 pages. I'm the shít.

I'm sure it's been said somewhere in the middle but those Jonny Logan McDonalds ads are possibly the worst ads ever to get near a tv station. Abysmal, whoever thought of them is the biggest retard ever to have lived. Also the Heineken memory hotel ads are fairly shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Forget the company name, but the one where there's a Sheila singing about car insurance in her salon. Everytime I see it, I always wonder who would sing about car insurance, and if it's really something you want to put are your CV... then I go slit my wrists...

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Maglight

"Taaaaaaallaaaaaaaaaght, tallaaaaaaght FORD!!"

:mad: :mad: :mad:

That ad is pure class. It's so bad you can't get the damn thing out of your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Knorr Vie :mad:

Vie... It's very very... extraordinary :rolleyes:

WTF???!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

helios wrote:
    Forget the company name, but the one where there's a Sheila singing about car insurance in her salon. Everytime I see it, I always wonder who would sing about car insurance, and if it's really something you want to put are your CV... then I go slit my wrists...

I think it's Sheila's Wheels. Really irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I've actually read this whole thread and I can't believe I'm the first to mention those "Better call 11890" ads. I had that stuck in my head for a whole day :(

Also, add me to the Heiniken hate.

Although, I do love the Zafira kids :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Exit wrote:
    Although, I do love the Zafira kids :o

They were funny until the older one hit puberty!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bro!

Anyway any 1 can track down that focking Harvey Norman tosser & give him a wallop. Aaaaagh why so loud & insane. Should be locked up along with that Bary Scott loser!
    & yes am delighted everyone has jumped on the Hating the current Heino campaign - its sooo inane its not cool-just hugely headwrecking.
    Really like the current 11850-the 2 guys running around race track @ least I think thats the number!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement