Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Decided I'd bump this instead of starting a new one.

That new 02 ad is embarrassingly pretentious. "We are o2." Nobody smiling and some fairly foreboding music in the background.
    Is it a social movement or a multinational telecommunications company?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Ya, that o2 ad is incredibly infuriating.

Another one that gets on my nerve is the Eircom Broadband one with the grandson being hip, introducing his grandad into the BB generation, then playing virtual chess......

I don't know why, but gets on my last whenever it comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

JBoyle4eva wrote: »

Another one that gets on my nerve is the Eircom Broadband one with the grandson being hip, introducing his grandad into the BB generation, then playing virtual chess......

Yeah I cant stand that...he's just spouting random phrases...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Betty Crocker's Chocolate Brownie's Mix is back on. You know the one where a young wan with a mouthful of teeth like a broken fence, is asked to a sleepover and declines until later as she's helping 'Mummy' to bake some brownies. Get an Orthodontist on the case fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

that budweiser ad with the guy on the train. im sure wen his friend told him about the tunnel he expected a quick 'I'll call you back in a minute' rather then his mate running u the train to get an address.

Hopefully the tunnel caves in and kills the annoying wanker!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

That stupid Coke Zero ad where the two tongues are making fun of the eyeball, saying he can't drink Coke because he doesn't have a mouth... they don't have bloody mouths either.. who comes up with this shi.te?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

that McDonalds add for the chicken and beef deluxes where the stupid bint takes massive bites from their sandwiches and says with a big smug look on her face "it's a toughie"

if that were me I would have smacked her hand away

and the McDonalds ad where the guy is hanging out with his foreign friends from McDonalds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mangy_Cat

Love them or hate them.. Barry's tea ads will affect you for the betthar or worse.. ;)

My favourite has to be the old woman sits down with her daughter and shows her an old photo album.. The young wan is happy out flicking through the pics until SHOCK SHOCK HORROR HORROR, she spots a photo of her ma back in her hay day with a man she doesn't recognise... HER REAL FATHER :eek:
    :eek:

The young wan enquires as to who he is, and the mother, with a filthy glint in her beady eyes says " Ah.... Twas somewan else!"

What a trollop. It send out wan message and wan message only - the postman is more than likely to be your real father.. No reference to tea whatsoever! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

cashback wrote: »
    Decided I'd bump this instead of starting a new one.

That new 02 ad is embarrassingly pretentious. "We are o2." Nobody smiling and some fairly foreboding music in the background.
    Is it a social movement or a multinational telecommunications company?

'We are one,we are O2'. ahhhhhhh!!! The most annoying advert ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

panda100 wrote: »
    'We are one,we are O2'. ahhhhhhh!!! The most annoying advert ever!

My brother loves that ad but he's slightly slow. It doesn't bother me either way, I just hate that ad for the gym.....jackie something or whatever it is.

Really, just shut up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The Lynx chocolate man is quite disturbing tbh. I see they have edited it heavily since it came out but I still hate it with a passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone notice that the aquatech ad has vanished from www.tvads.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

That stupid Coke Zero ad where the two tongues are making fun of the eyeball, saying he can't drink Coke because he doesn't have a mouth... they don't have bloody mouths either.. who comes up with this shi.te?

That's the stupidest ad I've ever seen. What's the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭lizzyd66

My worst ad at the moment is one for Lenor/Comfort/some fabric softener where they try to tell us if we buy their product we are helping to save the planet as it is now concentrate so they are using half the packaging , half the trucks etc etc. ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Hate any ad with penelope cruz, especially the one where she says "No ammonia" so irritating!
    Also the comfort ad - do the moves song-with the fabric characters-Hate it...

The coke zero ad wrecks my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

The new MacDonalds eurosaver ad's...

"In the 80's this was a good hair day, nowadays we've got it sorted with a €1 hamburger from MacDonalds Eurosaver Menu!"

WTF???

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

There's one at the moment for some health drink or something.
    Various members of the public 'spontaneously' singing and dancing.
    <shudder>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

You will think all the above ads are works of art, including Aquatech, if you get NTL Digital and watch the City Channel. I think it's available on the net, but wait until you see the ads on there. Good grief, the UTV cheapos are bad but some of these are unbelievable. There is an ad for Slushie and it looks like a 10 year old did it on a PC and Daddy (Mr. Slushie) liked it so much it found its way on air. There are other commercials for places like Brambles, Coffee Shops in Molesworth Street, Delis in Waterford, 3 minute long Merlin Motor City ads that are ghastly and Jimmy Greely reviewing 'Restaurants' (he's so hip, about 40 yeras ago). http://www.city.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

I’m a reasonably tolerant man but the Eircom ‘bundle’ ads put the needle on my anger-gauge right into the red-zone. The one with the ‘girly getaway for me and me sis’ is the worst offender. ‘That’s us booked…….’ and now you die.

In Eircoms defence I do like the one with the girl explaining why she chose Eircom Broadband, ‘because this is my hobby’ etc. Her voice is super-sexy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I hate with a deep and all consuming burning passion the car ad. I'm not sure what car. The freaky teddy yokes!!! "C'mon!!!!!!" that one in all its many forms drives me insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Eircom phonewatch ad with the phone jockey and the "buuuhhhhhhrglerss". Annoying to say the least. Cops would never be there that fast ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

Skinfull wrote: »
    I hate with a deep and all consuming burning passion the car ad. I'm not sure what car. The freaky teddy yokes!!! "C'mon!!!!!!" that one in all its many forms drives me insane!

And the songs really annoying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

The ulster bank ad with the old woman standing in the queue.
    "150 euro there givin away 150 euro"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You will think all the above ads are works of art, including Aquatech, if you get NTL Digital and watch the City Channel. I think it's available on the net, but wait until you see the ads on there. Good grief, the UTV cheapos are bad but some of these are unbelievable. There is an ad for Slushie and it looks like a 10 year old did it on a PC and Daddy (Mr. Slushie) liked it so much it found its way on air. There are other commercials for places like Brambles, Coffee Shops in Molesworth Street, Delis in Waterford, 3 minute long Merlin Motor City ads that are ghastly and Jimmy Greely reviewing 'Restaurants' (he's so hip, about 40 yeras ago). http://www.city.ie/

I watched a full 20 minutes of advertising for Merlin today on the City Channel because I was in so much shock that I couldn't move to get the remote. Hilarious stuff. The camera work is appalling!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Droxol

The 'D-Hotel' radio ads are so annoying, no idea what they are trying to say in their pretend supposedly posh accents.. 'D-ashing?.. ' They are 'D-uummb' in my opinion - always change channel when they are on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Insure dot ie, insure dot ie, just be sure to be insured with insure dot ieeeeee! As heard on Today FM, I swear the radio nearly went out the window yesterday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

FearDark wrote: »
    Insure dot ie, insure dot ie, just be sure to be insured with insure dot ieeeeee! As heard on Today FM, I swear the radio nearly went out the window yesterday.

:) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The one for Dublin Bus with the welder banging on about how good the "quality bus corridors" are and how thanks to them he now gets a few 'extra minutes in the scratcher'.

Total bullshít!

If they just came right out and made an ad saying "we're rubbish, we can't improve the service and we're really sorry for taking longer to get you to/from work everyday than you'd have spent walking" I'd have been less annoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement