Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

In case you haven't seen it, here is the much criticised Aquatech ad. Truly awful, what a heifer!

http://www.tvads.ie/TVads.ie/Main/Entries/2007/11/27_Aquatech_Polar_Bear.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I've seen that Aquatech one. Could that woman have sounded any more scripted and disinterested in the product?? I was hoping she'd get her tits out when she got into the bath but no.... One of the worst ads this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Oh just to add "If you're reaching you're 50 birthday, its time to start thinking about prostrate cancer". Yeah because everybody loves to depress the fcuk out of themselves on their birthday ya stupid bastards. And what is up with that balloon at the end of the ad? Its a latex glove for fcuk sakes, was the budget that tight or are you hinting at what happens when you visit the doctor about it?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

DarkJager wrote: »
    Oh just to add "If you're reaching you're 50 birthday, its time to start thinking about prostrate cancer". Yeah because everybody loves to depress the fcuk out of themselves on their birthday ya stupid bastards. And what is up with that balloon at the end of the ad? Its a latex glove for fcuk sakes, was the budget that tight or are you hinting at what happens when you visit the doctor about it?? :D

yeah i seen that last night, cringe tv central. obviously the day of your 50th birthday is the day to be getting nervous and arranging the appointment, and the glove thing at the end....just in case you weren't feeling uncomfortable enough going for the appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 22,268 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I really hate that ad where they lift up the toenail to see the germs inside.

Its digusting, Pulling peoples fingernails and toenails off is a form of torture, I don't want to see it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

There's an ad on VH1 for Jo Whiley's show. She's in a pub, and Roy Orbison is on the tv. She switches it off and says it's time for new music, and walks off as Snow Patrol plays in the background

Who the **** chooses Snow Patrol over Roy Orbison! She'd be barred from my local for that sort of behaviour. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,268 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Driver 8 wrote: »
    There's an ad on VH1 for Jo Whiley's show. She's in a pub, and Roy Orbison is on the tv. She switches it off and says it's time for new music, and walks off as Snow Patrol plays in the background

Who the **** chooses Snow Patrol over Roy Orbison! She'd be barred from my local for that sort of behaviour. :p
    Snow patrols first album was very good.
    but now they're rubbish.

never mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Driver 8 wrote: »

Snow Patrol?

Oh dear God.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Fibersure - we could be happy if that 30-second piece of dogsh!t was never put on our screens again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Mikosyko wrote: »
    I hate that coors light advert with the snow people going down the moutain and throwing heads at each other. The music is sickening too :mad:

Sorry, I disagree. That ad is spectacular looking, and one of the most creative I've seen in a long time. And I love the music too :D

In case you haven't seen it, here is the much criticised Aquatech ad. Truly awful, what a heifer!

http://www.tvads.ie/TVads.ie/Main/Entries/2007/11/27_Aquatech_Polar_Bear.html

OHMYGOD... the tackiest ad ev-errr!

The bit where she goes to take off her dressing gown and the camera pans northeast... tacky, tacky, tacky!

• Advertisement

Don't know which annoys me more, the way she strikes a pose or sticks her tongue out when saying "Thanks Aquatech" at the end. Pound to a penny she's the bosses mistress. Load of old Tat! Maybe if the camera stayed on her as she takes off the dressing gown we mightn't be so outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

vibrant wrote: »
    Any ads that have anything to do with toilets ESPECIALLY the one where the kid is whinging because there is no more air freshener left, so he gets OFF the loo, scribbles a note and passes it under the bathroom door to his mother, who just happens to be standing on the other side of the door waiting to collect it. Ummmmm what?!

Now that the GAA are goin to start paying players, hopefully Jayo can keep away from such nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

big b wrote: »
    Now that the GAA are goin to start paying players, hopefully Jayo can keep away from such nonsense.

BURN!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Any cosmetics ads

Except for one a few years ago, does anyone remember the one where every time a man went to sleep, a gorilla would mop the floor with his hair? Until he started using gel.

Or the guinness one with all the island peoplein the pub. That was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

the harvey norman ones drive me nuts...its all in that stupid Jingle.

Go Harvey Go Harvey...etc"

arrghhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

The new Carlsberg ad to be the most annoying ad in recent months the one where the bald prick goes "Ireeeland do something Irish" argghhh it would drive one to drink but defiantly not bloody Carlsberg.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Another beer one that annoys the hell out of me is the new Smithwicks one with Shegar. Crap animation and just not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,693 ✭✭✭✭blueser

The one for Pepsi (Pepsi max?) with the black eyed peas. Very appropriate; **** product, **** group!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I hate that "Girls girls girls" ad where all the female office works get up in unison and start troweling their mugs with make-up before hitting the town to score free drinks.

"Wish they could all be me mine?" Yeah right! Mutton dressed as lamb the lions share of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

the carlsberg one where the tosser was speaking Irish

the woman at the start is pretty threatening actually "Dance....or sing...... (or you will be murdered :eek: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Auvers wrote: »
    The new Carlsberg ad to be the most annoying ad in recent months the one where the bald prick goes "Ireeeland do something Irish" argghhh it would drive one to drink but defiantly not bloody Carlsberg.

I hate that ad from start to finish.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

A few more to add

1.The new Carlsberg ad - " do something Irish" He is freaky looking that bald guy - He looks like Golum/Smegal from LODR. Also if i went into a pub out foreign and people went "Do something irish" Id say"Piss off i came in for a pint, i dont have to prove where im from, How about i break a glass and stab ya with it-Is THAT irish enough for ya":D

2.That new Mc Donalds one with the father and the daughter talking about going to the cinema and everytime it shows the girl shes a different age where as the dad look the same AND IS WEARING THE SAME CLOTHES!!! And the girl who plays the 4th one "Whatever sssssooooooo embarassing" Id love to puck the face off her spoilt lil bitch

*RANT OVER*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Dunnes Christmas ad. The one singing Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is just so very very annoying. Like fingernails scratching a blackboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

pepper wrote: »
    A few more to add

1.The new Carlsberg ad - " do something Irish" He is freaky looking that bald guy - He looks like Golum/Smegal from LODR.

Is that the Irish acronym? Lord of de Rings? :)

Any of those horse racing adverts with that Hector geezer. And he actually thinks he's funny. About as funny as rabies in a guide dog's home!! And of course Harvey Norman!

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet..but that ad where the guy and girl are sitting on a bench and he pretends that his bottle of coke is ringing. Ridiculous.

Note how her smile is frozen on her face and she totally avoids making eye contact; the girl is terrified. Neither does she go near the coke he hands her - if you look closely enough the coke is purple.

If she doesn't want to drink the coke, I'll give her something to guzzle on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

Mr E wrote: »
    Is that the Irish acronym? Lord of de Rings? :)

ha ha i didnt even reliase id done that ha ha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

The ad for the pink Garmin satnav, where they're singing that Christmas carol but it's all about the places where the intended buyer can drive using her garmin- ie: to the shops, and the nail place, obviously.

GIVEAGIVEAGIVEAGIVEAGARMIN!

The Ikea Tv ad that was on before Christmas drove me mad. The one for the new Belfast store with the estate agent ringing someone from an empty Ikea car park crying that people won't want to move house because they can get all they want under one 'flippin ruff'. I read statistics that very few people from the Republic had bothered to travel, I wonder why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

The Saab Add on News-Talk drives me nuts!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement