Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Pighead wrote:
    Ferrero Rocher ads always got on Pigheads goat. There I was looking down the back of the sofa trying to scrape together 50p for a pint of milk and a bag of chickatees when these posh snooty fcukers came on telly with their perfect hair and badly dubbed words thanking the lord of the manor for his lovely chocolates. Thankfully those ads are no more.

Yeah. All we need for North Korea to chill out is to hand Kim Il Jong an enticing display of Ferrero Rocher on a plate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Davedubh wrote:
    That diet coke"do your thing ad".That mexican or whatever he is narater wrecks my head,and it seems to go on for ages.

Finally, someone feels my pain :( The loudmouth on the bus roof for coke as well, someone should burn their advertising department alive in acid.

Ring ring ring bananaphone makes me doubt humanity.

Not a tv ad, but there was one played last time i was at the flicks before Hostel II for a sexual abuse charity or something? Im all for the cause but come on, the ****ing ad goes on for a minimum of two minutes. If you had a girl with you you wouldnt know where to look (however, in this case it was the lads. To break uncomfortable silence during ad, please proceed to bringing up a related issue by reminding friend with "AHAHAHA!!!!! You should call them for what (insert fat girls name) did to you when you were locked at (insert location) " :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

There is an Actimel advert that, so far I have only seen in the cinema (but the way cinema advertising is these days I imagine its probably on TV somewhere as well), that I swear to God is longer that some of the movies that follow it.

That ad is actually so bad that I fell off my cinema seat laughing at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

any of the Special K ads - do my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

There is an Actimel advert that, so far I have only seen in the cinema (but the way cinema advertising is these days I imagine its probably on TV somewhere as well), that I swear to God is longer that some of the movies that follow it.
    that really is an appalling ad........

• Advertisement

Head and shoulders ad with Mickey the gob****e. Does my head in every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

The hair gel ad which is set in China. Using communism to sell hair gel = classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

That West Coast Cooler one where the three wans are getting ready to go out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Isn't that ad with the girly screaming man for Fosters rather than Bud? Just shows how bad their ad is. I have to mute it whenever it's on.

In fact I don't like any of the ads for alcohol at the moment, is this some sort of plot to put us off it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Isn't that ad with the girly screaming man for Fosters rather than Bud?
    Nope, its Bud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Head and shoulders ad with Mickey the gob****e. Does my head in every time.
    I knew I couldn't possibly be the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I hate that ad with the cat and the dog talking about what to do with SSIA money. I will never take financial advice from a something that licks itself.

Or that ad with the CGI fox who pretends to be a dog to get ham or something.

That new meteor ad with Joe Dolan ("is it "Oh me, oh my" or "Oh my, oh me?")

Those ads with all those women complaining about how hard it is to get food thats good for you.

I can't think of any more because I've blocked them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

EnterNow wrote:
    I despise most if not all adds currently showing. Has anybody noticed that the volume of the adds (the sound level) is always a fair bit higher than the show your currently watching...ya have to lower them down constantly then back up when your show comes back on argh!

AFAIK, the ads are played at the allowed volume and the shows are shown at a lower volume because it's illegal to play ads too loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

I wish they would limit all ads to 30 seconds....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Haven't seen this one in Ireland yet but watch out from the UK for an ad involving a number of not-too-bad looking women around a table discussing the benefits of 'stool-softener"
    I don't know the brand - I had the cushions over my head by this time. :eek:

It's knocked the one with the Oriental kid on the toilet clean out of my top 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

:D Rodrigo Cardoso!!!!!!!! that pisses me of so much

and dont start me on the "Its all gone" one for the toilet freshiner- he cant get off the toilet to tell his mother the things empty but he will get **** all over the floor in order to shove a note under the door

And why is he chinese and his mothers not

Subliminal messages promoting adoption me thinks!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Hate all those 1850.... sponsor a .....charity ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

And another thing ...

What if stool-softener woman or the Oriental what-a-stink kid become TV stars in years to come, and Pat Kenny or somebody asks them how they started out or got their big break? What are they going to say then? Eh? Eh?

It really doesn't bear thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I've only just thought of the ad I despise most.
    It really has to be the one for Lyric FM with that absolute knob in his convertible and the guard coming up to him on the motorbike.

He has a very punchable face.

Guess who's back?? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

"Return of the liquidator" :D

Sorry but that poxy coke ad with the nokia ringtone is still top of my most hated list.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭toothie

The ad that drives me absolutely crazy has to be that air freshener one with the little boy in the toilet saying "It's all gone, it's all gone..." Makes me really mad, I hate it! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The comfort or lenor ads with the characters looking like clothes or whatever. Really really annoy me - especially the regge one

The Miller ad with the tosser on roller skates.:mad:

The Miller ad with the tosser on roller skates.:mad:

Good song though! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

The ad with those northern gob****es camping.Their wild overacting when their tent blows away is particulerly grating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Crunchy nut cornflakes. The one where the twat refuses a lift to two beautiful girls because they might eat his cereal. That alone annoys but he pull this Ardal O'Hanlonesque face that pi sses me off, what a kunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

The Budweiser ad with "answer the call". They're meant to be in some american city yet I swear I hear a northern Irish accent and another Irish accent in the middle of it. It's just a **** effort at those miller ads, especially the one where yer man was cycling down the hill.

It's not filmed in an american city, it's Wellington, New Zealand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

watna wrote:
    It's not filmed in an american city, it's Wellington, New Zealand.

Is that a real pub at the end of the ad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Shiela's wheels drives me nuts.. The song sticks in your head :mad:
    Any eircom ad..
    F it I hate them all :mad:

(Except that car ad where he's using the car as a skateboard.. that's ok :) )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement