Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA/UFC/PRIDE/K-1 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote: »
    then they'll do amazing numbers for it

What do you consider amazing?

I think they'll get around what they got for the first show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Kimbo has been saying that he wants to break Kens ankle, hope he tries to do that, we'll see if his ground game is any better than when he fought Thompson.
    Whats he going to do, run out of gas and fall onto kens ankle/leg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

What do you consider amazing?

I think they'll get around what they got for the first show.

I would consider hitting the nine million mark to be amazing. Like I said, that would only be if they did a show promoting it on tv, which I'm sure I read that there's no plans for

As it is I think they'll do better than they did for the first show, maybe hitting seven million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

http://mmajunkie.com/news/5275/war-machine-ufc-cut-me-over-declined-fight-evan-tanner-comments.mma

War Machine got cut by the UFC.

Made some controversial statements on his blog about Tanner before the full story was out, declined to fight an unknown fighter.

Dragan wrote: »
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/5275/war-machine-ufc-cut-me-over-declined-fight-evan-tanner-comments.mma

War Machine got cut by the UFC.

Made some controversial statements on his blog about Tanner before the full story was out, declined to fight an unknown fighter.

I had a feeling that he'd be cut. His comments about Tanner just made no sense. Was Tanner ever the sort of guy who worried about money? Clearly not. It was like he jumped on Tanner's death to use it for his own motives that weren't connected

I wonder if he'll have a problem with fighting these no-name guys now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Kelso wrote: »
    Doeybody know when tickets will go on sale? And will they be impossible to get if you're not a member of UFC? Imagine it will be pretty popular with what looks like a great card, and being in Vegas-would love to go though

Newsletter presale
    Friday, September, 19th at 10am PT
    Password: NATURAL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 numerocinco

I read that Wandy Silva V Rampage on the same card as Randy V Lesnar, could be a good fight night.

Also Florian V Joe Stevenson

Didnt think Rampage be back so soon and I think he trains with Bisping now so you wonder what state his head is in.

Yeah i cant wait for this UFC , this is going to be most anticipated UFC .

Saying that UFC fight night tonight looks good.

Its an Ultimate Fighter reunion. 1 Am tonght though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Yeah i cant wait for this UFC , this is going to be most anticipated UFC .

Saying that UFC fight night tonight looks good.

Its an Ultimate Fighter reunion. 1 Am tonght though :(

on tv??????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LukerC

Its on setanta sports 1 @ 1am. Looks like a great card. Lookin forward to the Guida fight.

• Advertisement

Sky + will be gettin used again so.

Danzig Guida will be a lotta fun I think.

UFN has a habit of throwin up exciting fights actually, probably cos the guys are keen to make an impression so the work their way onto the bigger show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 numerocinco

Will the UFN be repeated at all, because Setanta can be a bit dodgy with their broadcast times, havent seen much of danzig so I will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Will the UFN be repeated at all, because Setanta can be a bit dodgy with their broadcast times, havent seen much of danzig so I will check it out.

Isn't it live?

Can hardly call that dodgy!

I don't know about them being dodgy... UFN will be repeated on Setanta Sports 2 at 7:30pm on Thursday. The first episode of TUF will be on right after

Guida is going to steamroll Danzig. It's going to be a slaughtering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

I think Mac Danzig can fight at 145 and would be a legit contender against Uriah Feber. just for the record :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

UFN spoilers

Clay Guida did what he is known for, outworked Mac Danzig for the decision.
    Disappointing from Danzig, his gameplan wasnt up to scratch.

Diaz comfortably decisoned Neer, I thought was a step back in competition following on from Pellegrino

Belcher got the split against Hermann, thats the way I called it too. Never good to be a wrestler in a fight like this and have to here the words ".. and judge Cecil Peoples scores the fight...". Also, Belchers shorts were oddly disturbing.

Schafer and Alexander both managed to look bad in my eyes, both are very one dimensional. I thought Houston landed a big knee to Schaefer while he was on his knees and hence an illegal blow.

The knee was a body shot wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LukerC

I was fairly impressed with diaz' wrestling he managed to take neer down a few times. He usually waits to get taken down himself and work from the bottom.

The knee was a body shot wasn't it?

I was pretty sure there was a head shot in there, will have to check again.

KJ Noons was stripped of his title by EliteXC for refusing to defend it against Nick Diaz

The man is such an idiot. He could have been fighting on network tv in a few weeks time, being watched by what's sure to be one of the largest MMA audiences ever, against a guy who he dominated when they fought before. He'll probably never get the chance at that type of exposure ever again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

just a heads up really, the 1st M-1 event was aired in the US on HDnet team france vs russia. didnt nsee it yet my self butu should be worth a look, and yes it seems them russkis have Fador on side ;-)

calex71 wrote: »
    just a heads up really, the 1st M-1 event was aired in the US on HDnet team france vs russia. didnt nsee it yet my self butu should be worth a look, and yes it seems them russkis have Fador on side ;-)

I'm pretty sure that I saw that shortly after it took place, I don't think that there was anything spectacular or must-see on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Anyone watching Cage Rage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm pretty sure that I saw that shortly after it took place, I don't think that there was anything spectacular or must-see on it

yeah watching now only a head kick KO to speak of really other than that nothing to rush out and see

edit just saw the last fight: lmao just deserts there :D

The whole Noons Vs Diaz thing is starting to get really ugly.

http://www.graciefighter.com/?page=news

4 or 5 articles down on that page is a pretty interesting read. Diaz's camp responding to the open letter Noons sent detailing his issues with Elite XC. It gets pretty vicious in places.

These two are going to end up fighting and i can't wait to see it. Only problem is that Noons is UFC material and they don't seem to be in the mood to pick up Diaz any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

The whole Noons Vs Diaz thing is starting to get really ugly.

http://www.graciefighter.com/?page=news

4 or 5 articles down on that page is a pretty interesting read. Diaz's camp responding to the open letter Noons sent detailing his issues with Elite XC. It gets pretty vicious in places.

These two are going to end up fighting and i can't wait to see it. Only problem is that Noons is UFC material and they don't seem to be in the mood to pick up Diaz any time soon.

You sure that's Diaz's camp responding or just the website graciefighter picking apart the letter? That's what i thought the GF stood for.

Still a great read.

rizzla wrote: »
    You sure that's Diaz's camp responding or just the website graciefighter picking apart the letter?

The website is the site of Cesar Gracie's training school, which is Diaz's camp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

The website is the site of Cesar Gracie's training school, which is Diaz's camp

Ah, the more you know.

Cheers for that. :)

Houston Alexander looked terrible didnt he. I was shocked by how bad he was. Just goes to show anything can happen in the cage.
    Nate Diaz looked great , cant wait to see more of him .

• Advertisement

Anderson Silva talking to Brazilian cable channel SporTV

"I'll retire next year, I already gave my all. I don't need to prove anything for anyone and within one year I'll put my gloves aside."

Made me cry a little....just a little :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement