Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ferari crash Sandyford Ind. Est

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭skibum

drdre wrote:
    In ireland he crashed it? I thought theres no ferrari rental companies in ireland
    cmurph wrote:
    guys the car on the truck been taken away is a car that was crashed in england about 2 months ago....

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

skibum wrote:
    :rolleyes:
    Why was the ferrari that was on the truck in ireland then :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭skibum

drdre wrote:
    Why was the ferrari that was on the truck in ireland then :cool:
    Thats a good question, but my ":rolleyes: " was in reference to cmurph's post saying that the ferrari was hired and crashed in England, and you in the next post saying
    drdre wrote:
    In ireland he crashed it? I thought theres no ferrari rental companies in ireland
    thats all.

I can see where it looks like that the ferrari on the truck is taken in Ireland as the tax disk holder on the car from which the photo is taken has windsor motors on it, and Agnews (recovery truck) are based up north. The plot like cold gravy, thickens...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

i could be mistaken guys..but i will try and find a link to it...

me wrong..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ahahahahhahahahahahahahha

What a knobber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Oh cool!
    I live in the apartment block he crashed into. Was just coming back from the shop when I saw the commotion outside. Had I been walking back a few minutes earlier who knows what would have happened.
    I went inside, got my camera, and came back down but the guards came up to me and wouldn't let me take a pic.
    I had no idea how he had managed to crash that badly on that tiny stretch of road - between the roundabout and traffic light there is barely enough room to pick up any sort of speed. Suppose it's different if you're driving a Ferrari...
    Anyway, looks like his insurance is going to cover his loss. How about our poor wall though? Bet no one's going to fix that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

fjon wrote:
    I went inside, got my camera, and came back down but the guards came up to me and wouldn't let me take a pic.

Out of interest, do the Guards have a right to stop anyone taking a pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Good question. I felt kinda awkward doing it too - the guy who crashed it was there, as was his very upset looking girlfriend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

fjon wrote:
    Good question. I felt kinda awkward doing it too - the guy who crashed it was there, as was his very upset looking girlfriend...
    Question for the legal guys me thinks...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53157294#post53157294

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Here's a current thread on the subject over on the Photography forum-
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055085041

Basically, if you're not trespassing, you can photograph anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,034 ✭✭✭✭event

cmurph wrote:
    guys the car on the truck been taken away is a car that was crashed in england about 2 months ago....

a car rental company had just got it in and a guy hired it out and within 1 hour had smashed in on the motorway and left the scene.....i read it on the papers and the net at the time....

not sure if he was ever caught....

that not a bugatti or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

cant imagine any insurance company would be too roy about insuring him! looks like he will be getting the dort for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 28 class1comp

Copied from the Irish section of the Bavarian Board forum I have nothing to do with this person other than been a member of the same forum he made a reasonable request so I have done it.

"I'm not a member of boards.ie so I thought if I post it here and somebody that is a member could post it on boards.ie!

Just to clear up the C**P that was posted on boards,
    the driver wasn't 19 He's 24.
    It IS(WAS) his own car and not Daddies!
    And he worked damn hard for the car and it was his pride and joy for just over a week!
    He could drive! (Trust Me I Know)
    Just a freak accident!
    Nobody died! Although he was taken to hospital in an ambulance to Vincents just as a precaution.
    and finally he is insured!
    Copied from the Irish section of the Bavarian Board forum

It's amazing how people presume things!

By Gars Estoril on 04-May-2007 at 14:26"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,516 ✭✭✭✭vectra

colly10 wrote:
    Would you rather have one than a Ferrari?
    Afaik, this model produces 380bhp which is quite a bit more powerfull than the m3/m3evo of the same year

Give me a Lotus Carlton {{377bhp, twin turbo 3.6, 6speed box}anyday over these Plastic buckets.THIS ONE :eek:
    I was in a 355 convo @ 147mph and believe me..you would want earmuffs on to put up with the horrible noise in the cabin.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Yes, but it looks disgusting.

impr0v wrote:
    Yes, but it looks disgusting.

Looks a lot better than the ferrari in the topic.. :D

And you would not say that if you got to own one.
    Also.
    Remember these were built in the 1991 era.and held the record as being the fastest production family saloon until this year I think. ;)

Not bad for a "Disgusting" looking car :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,211 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Dear, oh dear, vectra :eek:

A convertible sibling of a supercar is mainly for posing - of course it is going to be noisy at speed

And as for a Vauxhall Lotus Carlton - one thing to say for it, is that it was officially the fastest production saloon for some time. Unofficially, I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised that some buyers of serious panzers have that silly limiter programmed away :D

unkel wrote:
    Dear, oh dear, vectra :eek:

A convertible sibling of a supercar is mainly for posing - of course it is going to be noisy at speed

And as for a Vauxhall Lotus Carlton - one thing to say for it, is that it was officially the fastest production saloon for some time. Unofficially, I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised that some buyers of serious panzers have that silly limiter programmed away :D

Well
    what is sauce for the goose would be sauce for the gander
    One could always fiddle with the electronics in the Carlton as well and hold its title.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭lassykk

i saw this thread and wondered why on earth there was 6 pages of replies so i said id read through it. Now i now my opinion counts for nothing but i cant believe how quick everyone to condem the poor chap in his ferrari. Fair dues to anyone who can afford a car as beautiful and rare as that and its a shame to see it written off like that. even if he is young it doesn't mean he's living off daddy's money. Wish i could afford one. Can't even afford an mr2 replica one.

however being young and rich doesn't need to really be broadcast does it... I'm sure its a very nice BMW and a very nice boat but leading with that in your arguement was never going to endear you to anyone so the response you got was to be expected.

secondly i can't believe that anyone could possibly compare a beautiful piece of italian design to a BMW. there is no comparison in the cars. firstly they are hideously ugly in comparison to a Ferrari. Secondly you could go out tommorrow and buy and secondhand 3/5/7 series for the price of a couple of wheels off a ferrari. Ferrari's appreciate whereas BMW values fall through the floor.

So what if the new M5 produces 550hp. Its still ugly as sin and has an onboard computer that requires a degree in computer science to decipher.

And if status and money is your cup of tea the dearest BMW is the 760something or other which weighs in at €180K whereas the cheapest ferrari is around the 200K mark (correct me if i'm wrong as i couldn't find a new one on carzone) Personally i don't view a BMW as a status car and a M5 wouldn't even make me turn around but I'd stop my car and get out and look at a ferrari if I was lucky enough to pass one.

to be fair i probably wouldn't have responded to this thread if it weren't for the fact i despise german cars so much and detest the way people are willing to pay over the odds prices for average looking cars. For god sake an Audi A3 is based on a VW Golf... why would you pay more for 4 rings on the front of your car... Why? Why?

Why do a significant number of business people I've encountered feel the need to move up through the different levels of german cars. A3 to A4 to A6...for god sake have some individuality... buy a chyrsler 300C, buy a citroen C6 do something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

lassykk wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

jeez your full of misinformation.

Id like to see the year old M6 convertable that sold for €100k:rolleyes:

Ferraris appreciate in value, yea right, maybe enzos and 250GTO's but 90% of them lose shed loads of their value:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

lassykk wrote:
    What year was the M6, and no way did it lose 75k in 1 year.look on carzone for prices and it holds it value, not that much

buddy of mine had a 355 for less thena year and I he had unreal hardship trying to sell it. he ended up losing 40k in the short duration he had :(
    Now if thats what you call appreciation... I think i will buy a punto.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

lassykk wrote:
    I agree with you about the Audi A3 being a Golf but thats all I'm afraid, what German cars have you owned to make such a sweeping statement? I've owned so many cars at this stage over the years including a Ferrari that I've found the top of the range German cars, with the exception of Mercedes-Benz, to be the finest that money can buy. If a Chrysler 300C or a Citroen C6 are your idea of a quality car than I'll rest my case.;) :)

junkyard wrote:
    I agree with you about the Audi A3 being a Golf but thats all I'm afraid, what German cars have you owned to make such a sweeping statement? I've owned so many cars at this stage over the years including a Ferrari that I've found the top of the range German cars, with the exception of Mercedes-Benz, to be the finest that money can buy. If a Chrysler 300C or a Citroen C6 are your idea of a quality car than I'll rest my case.;) :)

What ferrari did you own?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭lassykk

firstly i must post my apologies for my rant last night. I'd had quite a bit to drink so I was rambling.

Secondly an apology re my comments over german cars. I did not mean to tar all german cars with the same brush. I have test-driven a BMW 3 series coupe when i was looking for my new car and i found it to be exceptionally dull both on the interior (what's with all the black plastic in a 'prestiege car') and ridiculously overpriced for its age. Also i purchased my car a year ago this month and have put €300 into it (service X2 and an original centre section & back box) A friend of mine bought a 520 a week before me and has put €4000 in to it over the year. Forgive me if I don't think they are high quality.

My disdain is not for the cars themselves but for the way people view them as a status symbol even though i personally feel there are a lot nicer and higher quality cars out there.

I stand by my VW - Audi statement. It absolutely baffles me when I hear people talking about audi's as if they are something special. There's are rebadged VW who also rebadge their cars as Skoda. Again I must qualify this by saying I've nothing against skoda's or skoda drivers I just don't understand why anyone would pay more for a badge.

Thirdly someone i personally know sold an M6 convertible recently at a loss of €75K. Now given that he went into the showroom to buy, and i quote "the dearest BMW you have" I'd say he was taken for a ride on his trade in value. That's how I knew the 760 is the dearest BMW on the general market. and for the record its not misinformation as there is an M6 for sale on ebay at the moment for £26k. after VRT that works out around €70K. This car costs €170K new so therefore its lost €50K per year. Might not be €75K but its sure shows their depreciation.

As for the 300C/C6 comment. I like unique cars and I think its good to see something different on the road instead of the run of the mill.

Your sobber this time and your still talking ****
    lassykk wrote:

M6 convertable is the most expensive car BMW have ever sold(unless you decide to tick every option on the 760 which is a different matter)
    lassykk wrote:

I still think your a liar(or being filled with b.**** by your "mate"), the M6 convertable was launched only late 06.

lassykk wrote:

Your talking about BMW depreciation and you mention citroen C6 and a crysler 300C as alternatives:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

will you shut up now-everything you are saying is wrong. you really dont know what youre talking about.

What age was the 3 coupe you were thinking of buyin?
    Also.
    What age/condition is your friends 5 series that he had to put 4k into over the last year?
    Must have been some bucket of bolts he bought in the first place. :rolleyes:

300c ...!! c6...!! Must be both of the ugliest cars on the road at the present.. Not mentioning you idea of Uniqe..:confused:

lassykk wrote:

I agree with you on that, thank god the PIAB is around now:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

lassykk
    You are comparing UK Ebay to the actual Irish car market, and then comparing the Irish car market to the UK one. You can't do this and come out with anything accurate.

Seeing as you are so keen on quoting Autotrader, check out the cheapest M6 on there - you'll realise then that £26k is about half the going rate for an 2005 M6, further demolishing your nonsense calculations. Meaning, essentially, there is something hooky about the M6 on Ebay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement