Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ferari crash Sandyford Ind. Est

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

On the subject of replicas I saw one when back in Dublin last weekend. The difference is really notable in the flesh. It was a '92 reg '348'. Did they even make them in 92?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

sorry, it was in the what i saw today thread. heres the pic- https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/8633/39957.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,034 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Thanks, tdc. I'm no expert and I'm not great at car make / model recognition. But that looks like a real Ferrari to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

tdc wrote:
    sorry, it was in the what i saw today thread. heres the pic- https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/8633/39957.jpg

Thanks for the picture.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

i'd be dead. i dont mean in the accident, i mean when my old lad caught up with me. and i dont mean dead as in i'll die if anyone catches me wearing these shoes i mean undertaker dead.

i'd be praying for the cops to take me away. i'd be safer in prison.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Guards instructed me to delete the pictures from my mobile so I did...Only when my mobile said 'are you sure you want to delete these pictures? I selected 'No'...
    Spas. I had a Garda try the same crap with me for taking flicks a crash a few years ago. I didn't fake delete though, just told him there was nothing he could do to stop me taking the photos and had no right to get me to delete them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

FX Meister wrote:
    I didn't fake delete though, just told him there was nothing he could do to stop me taking the photos and had no right to get me to delete them

Out of curiosity, what was the garda's relpy. Would be useful to know it any boardsies in the future are taking pics for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

This is what happens when you try to show off to you bird by taking your dads ferari for drive when he's away at the easter bank holiday... This bloke was no older than 19. You think he would get insurance for this car?
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/23337/40276.jpg
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/23337/40277.jpg
    tdc wrote:
    there are more pictures of this. it shows the car on a flatbet with damage to the side, around the intake. they were posted on the ferrari relay thread
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/8633/39957.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, but are these not different cars?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

ambro25 wrote:
    One might suggest the roofline is ever so slightly off-kilter as a result of the crash?

Boy, that's a lifetime's worth of grass-mowing, dishes-cleaning, house-vacuuming and laundry-ironing pocket money he's looking at :D (obviously never to be allowed anywhere near Ma and Da's cars to clean them, ever again!)

Probably means he wont be allowed go skiing in the alps this year:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

-Edit- Nevermind, people took it in the wrong context altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I think its pretty unlikely that someone just out of school would own a 2-3000 a month car with their insurance probably being another 1000 a month on top of that.

h3000 wrote:
    Correct me if I am wrong, but are these not different cars?
    no. why do you say that? the pictures show the 2 different sides of the car. also its pretty unlikely that 2 silver ferrari 355 gts' were crashed around the same time.

tdc wrote:
    no. why do you say that? the pictures show the 2 different sides of the car. also its pretty unlikely that 2 silver ferrari 355 gts' were crashed around the same time.

I must of misunderstood your origional post.
    tdc wrote:
    there are more pictures of this. it shows the car on a flatbet with damage to the side, around the intake. they were posted on the ferrari relay thread

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

This bloke turned right into this road just metres from where he crashed, put his foot down and wasn't ready for what this machine was about to deliver. Spun right and straight into the wall.....

I'm just being pedantic really but if he turned right into this road then he went the wrong way around the roundabout.:eek: The only way to legally enter that road is by turning left.:p

Cal.

h3000 wrote:
    I must of misunderstood your origional post.
    yes there is one more. the other picture is very similar to the one posted, the car on the flatbed, same angle. i thought it was on the ferrari relay thread but i realise that i saw it on a different forum, cant remember which one.

anyway why would you think that theyre not the same car?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Looks like the roof is gone in the last pic? Is it removable on the 355?

The Chance of there being 2 silver 355's crashed in Ireland on the same day would be pretty low.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The one on the flatbed looks roofless to me, wheras the initial one has the roof on.

tdc wrote:
    yes there is one more. the other picture is very similar to the one posted, the car on the flatbed, same angle. i thought it was on the ferrari relay thread but i realise that i saw it on a different forum, cant remember which one.

anyway why would you think that theyre not the same car?

As other posters said the one on the flatbed looks roofless. I also taught when I looked at it this morning(granted very hungover) that the bonnet of the car on the flatbed was a lot more damaged, I now realise it is just open:o .

h3000 wrote:
    As other posters said the one on the flatbed looks roofless. I also taught when I looked at it this morning(granted very hungover) that the bonnet of the car on the flatbed was a lot more damaged, I now realise it is just open:o .
    the 355 gts has a removable 'targa' style roof

Looks like someone didn't have the skill to drive without stability control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Just what colour would your Y-fronts be, had you been sitting at that bus stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

JohnCleary wrote:
    Lads, i'm sorry but I have to stop all the 'Daddys car' g0b****es here.

I am sick to death of hearing this crap from jealous fools. Just because someone LOOKS young, doesn't mean that they are. However, what's to say that a 19-20-21 year old can't afford something nice? I know 21 year olds with houses :eek:

This was what I was afraid of when I heard you were getting a BMW........:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

JohnCleary wrote:

I am sick to death of hearing this crap from jealous fools. Just because someone LOOKS young, doesn't mean that they are. However, what's to say that a 19-20-21 year old can't afford something nice? I know 21 year olds with houses :eek:

I get this crap a LOT, i'm young and drive a nice BMW and own a nice boat. Is it Daddy's money? Is it fcuk. I am doing well for myself and work hard and spend/invest my money wisely. Get over it and stop being pr1cks just because are are jealous that the fella wrote off something that you'll never get the oppertunity to own and write-off :D

Having said that, he obviously had no experience with driving powerful cars, maybe next time he'll get some practise or do an advanced driving course, it's a sickener to see something so beautiful and powerful in that state

Yeah tou are right, its not always daddy's money.
    Have you got any tips on where to invest :)

JohnCleary wrote:

I get this crap a LOT, i'm young and drive a nice BMW and own a nice boat. Is it Daddy's money? Is it fcuk. I am doing well for myself and work hard and spend/invest my money wisely. Get over it and stop being pr1cks just because are are jealous that the fella wrote off something that you'll never get the oppertunity to own and write-off :D

Having said that, he obviously had no experience with driving powerful cars, maybe next time he'll get some practise or do an advanced driving course, it's a sickener to see something so beautiful and powerful in that state

Could you not have got your point across without the " i'm young and drive a nice BMW and own a nice boat" part. Sounds to me like you feel money equals status.:rolleyes:

Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭stoneroses

muppet

stoneroses wrote:
    muppet
    Who you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Turkilton

JohnCleary wrote:

I get this crap a LOT, i'm young and drive a nice BMW and own a nice boat.

Yeah and you never shut the **** up about them, and yourself

stoneroses wrote:
    muppet

Fraggle

cjt156 wrote:
    Just what colour would your Y-fronts be, had you been sitting at that bus stop?
    Pink :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

JohnCleary wrote:
    I've seen Polish construction workers driving BMW's, can't compare a BMW to a Ferrari ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement