Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "You Go CathyMoran" thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Aoife, Shane.
    best wishes to both of you and be strong
    my wife had cancer operation 3 years ago and I know shane whats it like
    Aoife shound very strong ,will pul through it,just a long road to recovery
    thoughts and prayers from me and my wife
    regards

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Obviously I and all the admins here wish the very best for both of you. Keep us informed and let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

I just want to send my best wishes to Aoife & Shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Hey,

Just found this thread now and would like my considerable weight behind the get well thoughts!!

X X X :)

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Aoife and Shane,
    I just want to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery and a healthy future.
    At this stage, just take it one day at a time, some days will be good, some bad. Stay positive and hang on in there.
    There will be sunshine ahead !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Best wishes to you both. What a fighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

best of luck to you both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I can only echo everyone elses sentiments, Shane.

Please pass on my best wishes to Aoife. I'm not a religious person by any means, but I have lit a candle for her. We're all willing her on here in this little corner of cyberspace. Just because its an internet forum, it doesn't for a second mean that we aren't concerned for her and wish her the very best :) (but thats obvious from the amount of replies to this thread!)

The care staff in the hospital sound absolutely fantastic btw - she is in the best possible place :)

Plenty of TLC when she gets home!

-Sorcha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hiya Shane,
    Only came across this thread today and want to wish both you and Aoife all the very best. It's clear from reading her own thread that she is a fighter and will not let this get the better of her.

Both Aoife and you are in my thoughts and prayers. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through but you have the complete support and good energy from the boards community behind you.

G

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Well I havnt been much of a reader on boards for quite awhile now with all thats going on in life so I had no idea this was going on and I lost contact with shane a few months back when things got hectic on my side of the pond so reading this was a shock to say the least.
    I probably know shane and aoife best having lived with them a few years back, and knowing Aoife the way I do I know she will pull through this a winner. She is indeed a fighter and too strong willed to let it take her down.
    We will be hearing good news soon I am very sure.
    I will be in contact with you soon Shane, keep us updated and stay positive you and I know she will be home soon and you will be nursing her back to health in no time at all, stay strong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

CathyMoran has helped me alot, unknown to herself with many PI threads i have posted as i'm sure alot of others can say here too. She is a trooper.
    Thinking of ye both.
    Send on my best wishes to Aoife, and dont forget to care of yourself too Shane, she needs you to be strong and positive at this time, so make sure you mind youself.

Best of Luck.

-Femmy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I've just seen this now, and I'd like to add a message of support for you both.

Reading this whole thread was hard with the ups and downs, I can only imagine what the family is going through.

Thoughts and hugs and love your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

seansouth wrote:
    I've just seen this now, and I'd like to add a message of support for you both.

Reading this whole thread was hard with the ups and downs, I can only imagine what the family is going through.

Thoughts and hugs and love your way.

I second all of that, nice post seansouth. Thoughts are with you during this time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Just came across this today.
    A real inspiration. Keep driving forward!

Best wishes

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Came across Cathy's story before, admired her courage. Best wishes and I hope the recovery continues as well as we all hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Neither myself or my loved ones have been affected by cancer so far so I can't imagine what yous are going through but for what it's worth, I wish you a speedy recovery and for the operation to go problem-free. Best of luck to you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

I only came across this thread yesterday. While I was aware of Aoife's illness, I wasn't aware that there was an operation due to happen. Being someone that has had to deal with a similar illness in my family, while I won't say I know what you're both going through, I probably have a slight idea. All I'll say is, family & friends are great at a time like this (as is more than evident by the good wishes in this thread). My best wishes and prayers go out to you both as well as your family and friends who I have no doubt will be suffering in silence also.

All the best,

Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

thinking of you both

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Well, its Thursday- surgery was 2 weeks ago tomorrow.
    The surgical registrar has said Aoife will be at least another week in Intensive Care, before being released to the Liver High Dependency Unit (she doesn't have any liver problems, its just that most of the patients with high dependency there do). Tonight the dialysis machine is turned off for the first time, hopefully she sleeps a little. They hope to cut dialysis back to 3 days a week, and have started a new antibiotic to try to fight the pneumonia problem. Aoife is awake and alert and fully conscious of everything that is happening around her. She is half watching the tv, but does not have the concentration to read yet. She is definitively improved- its a long road, but she is making good headway.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Good to hear shes on the mend Shane! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Just read the thread now, followed in from the advert banner. I hope everything goes okay for ye, Read about the situation before and I wish ye the very best for the future. Cancer has touched my family on four different occasions in the last 10yrs and it a terrible experience. My thoughts and prayers are with ye on this.

I've been following Aoife's post's for a few month's now and I have to say she has incredible strength and attitude towards this and I wish her nothing but great thing's for the future and even more strength to deal with anything else that might come her way.

My family has been affected with cancer in a bad way my mam's family has the breast cancer gene and 4 of my great aunties dies and my dad's family my grandfather died from it and my uncle dies from a rare form at 26.
    I hope if ever I have to face it again in my life I have even half the strength that you've shown towards it!

Congrat's also btw! Ya's Newlywed's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I wish you both the best of luck and that everything goes according to plan.
    Cancer is Horrible, as it has affected some of my relatives, but with strong support and Decent care it can be beaten.
    Best wishes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Thanks for keeping us informed on her progress. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

best wishes to you both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

You donot know me but i have followed the story for a while.great to hear she is on the road to recovery.Hope she gets well soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Aoife, Shane your courage and spirit are an inspiration. Keep fighting, all my wishes go with ya.

If the wishes of a stranger count for anything - they should count for you.

God bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

You'll be grand :D Best Wishes from all us lads over in the Eve Online forum

Shane man,I was totally unaware untill now that all this is going on.
    It's a long long trek and I can emphatise with you.
    Keep your strength up as un beknownst to you,you yourself could run down during this very quickly.

Tell Aoife I was asking for her-she's in good hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I'm normally a lurker, not a poster and only came across this from the banner, and don't know either of you, but from the posts you have affected a lot of people here in cyberspace and that points to you both being decent skins.

Best of wishes on behalf of all the lurkers!!

Neil

Advertisement