Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "You Go CathyMoran" thread!

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Just an update on this over 7 years later. Our boy is 7 years of age tomorrow and he also has a little sister who is just shy of 14 months younger than him. I was milk intolerant with the whole pregnancy with my son but started to crave decaff latte when he was 6 months old, than was his little sister telling us that she was on her way. I turned 10 year survivor last year but 9th of February this year was 10 years since the surgery. Our children were and are our dreams and we are forever grateful for them. Miracles do happen, dreams do come true.

Now, that's a great update!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I hope that the Mods do not mind this - I will be an 11 year survivor on Monday :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Don't mind in slightest, really delighted to hear of your continued wellbeing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I hope that the Mods do not mind this - I will be an 11 year survivor on Monday :)

What wonderful news I often wonder how you are. I remember sending you a Pm after I read about your diagnosis initially about a lady I knew who also had recovered well and gone on to have kids. She is several years further on than you now and has remained fully well too. Wishing you every future luck and happiness x

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I hope that the moderators do not mind - a little update - today is 11 years since this surgery (I celebrate the date of the endoscope, the official date of being told that I had oesophageal cancer and the date of the surgery).

My 6 year old daughter and I are going to wear the same comic sweatshirts today (her post school).

I am loving being a wife and parent to our two.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Congratulations Cathy, have a great day celebrating :)

Advertisement