Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "You Go CathyMoran" thread!

Options
  • 07-02-2007 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭

All -

Cathy and Shane, I hope you don't mind me doing this - just following on from the PI Thread really.

As most of you know, our own - our very own - CathyMoran has a pretty serious operation on Friday.

It's bound to be a pretty scary time, but hopefully it helps to know that everyone on boards.ie is wishing you both well and we can't wait for you to have all of this behind you!

The strength of emotion on the PI thread should show you how valuable you are to us all Cathy, I hope that gives you courage.

All the best

TBH.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Best of luck Cathy, hope it all goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Scenic911

Shane and Cathy,

Be strong and brave. My thoughts and prayers are with you always.

There is a believe that people can help by projecting good and healing thoughts to someone. This can help them in their own cure and build on their strong reserve. I had this done from Buddist friends and friends that practice holistic healing.

So I like to start this for Cathy...

If everyone agrees then I will post a time and everyone can take 5mins to do this. I will ask Shane to post a picture of Aoife so that we can all concentrate on her photo...

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can say "Good luck old chap" as I'm not American? ;)

Its always harder for those around the patient so I think a thought for Cathys family and Shane is also in order. :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

As said already, both mine and simu's thoughts will be with you and yours on the day. And Seosaph says "Ga Gooo Bleugh.." which I assumes means the same. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hope all goes okay. You are both very wonderful people and will be in my thoughts. Good luck! :)

Ruairi

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thanks all- it means a lot to both of us.

Here is a pic of a happy smiling CathyMoran on our wedding day.

Shane

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Thanks for this tbh and for the responses of everyone...do not think that this is going to be a night of much sleep though. Looking forward to being cancer free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

thinking of you today cathy and shane - I've no doubt that today is the [cliche] first day of the rest of your lives! [/cliche]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Thoughts are with you today Cathy and Shane.

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!

Love and luck

xxxxx

Philomena

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Friday, as in today?
    Cathy, You probably don't know me, but I have been following your story over the past few months (not in a stalkerish kind of way, but just as an interested person :) ) and I have found your outlook on life to be very inspiring.
    I hope your operation today goes according to plan and that it has the desired results.
    My thoughts are with you and your family today. Here's wishing you all the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Best of luck Cathy and hope all is going well..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Terry wrote:
    Friday, as in today?
    Cathy, You probably don't know me, but I have been following your story over the past few months (not in a stalkerish kind of way, but just as an interested person :) )

Ditto for me, Cathy.

There are over 75,000 members on Boards.ie and you can be sure every last one of us are with you today.

Wishing you all the best.

Think of both of you...as always :)

Not sure who is on the boards reading this at the mo.

We have a picture of Cathy now we need a time..how about noon Sat 10th Feb..for the positive thought projection session??

S

Cathy got out of surgery at around 8PM this evening, and it went well. She will be in intensive care at St. Vincents for the next few days, and in hospital for the next 4 to 5 weeks. Surgery was over 7 hours long, I was really climbing walls. She is sedated overnight and on a respirator- but they will probably remove this in the morning and immediately start on physiotherapy to reinflate the lung they delibertly collapsed during surgery. The tumour on her oesaphagus, Kremit as we nicknamed it, is no more. She has a long road ahead- I'll update this thread with her progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thanks for the update Shane. I'm sure i can speak for everyone when i say send her all the best from us here on Boards.

The hardest part is over anyways.. i'm very happy all went well.

Do keep us posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Exellent news.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Good to hear it went well, good luck tomorrow. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

That's excellent news:) You must be very relieved, as we all are, and I wish her a speedy recovery. It's all going to get better from here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I'm glad to hear the news is good so far and I hope things continue to go well.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

simu wrote:
    I'm glad to hear the news is good so far and I hope things continue to go well.:)

Ditto from me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Really great news to hear.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

good stuff, fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thanks for keeping us updated, Shane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Great news! Best wishes to you both and to your families.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

fingers crossed for a quick recovery...

Things not going the best at all today unfortunately. Tests have shown a massive hike in kreatinin levels- which is indicative of big kidney problems, so they have started dialysis. All of the spinal morphine administered during surgery has also worn off, and fluid is building on her lungs. They are trying to remove fluid (along with waste products) with the dialysis- but because of the kidney failure are unable to administer much in the way of painkillers- so sedatives are being used instead. She is probably going to be in ICU for the next 6 or 7 days- they can continue the dialysis on the ward if they manage to bring everything else under control, but there is a domino effect and a lot of things are out of kilter. Please keep Cathymoran in your thoughts.

HI Shane,

Be strong for both of you. Your wife is a fighter. Please believe in her.

She is always in my thoughts...

Take care,

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Tonight I'm hoping you get a decent sleep and that she is comfortable and not in too much pain. We'll all be willing her to improve every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Fingers crossed. Both your attitudes are really quire inspiring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Good luck you 2.

Advertisement