Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "You Go CathyMoran" thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

mike65 wrote:
    Shane do you have a laptop with wifi? (or a printer!) You'll have to show her this thread.

Mike.
    Printable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Glad to hear things are going better. Only spotted this thread today, haven't been on boards so much lately and I hardly drew a breath till I finished it. There were times I was scared to click the next page. Fair play to you for keeping it so comprehensively up to date.

Met you once Shane, when I bought some RAM from you, ironically we met in a hospital in Naas. Seemed like a sound bloke, didn't have too much interaction with Aoife, but we are all a community here and all of us will be thinking of you both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm so glad to hear things are going well, you guys have been in my thoughts since the second I heard about this.

Get well soon CathyMoran!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Glad to hear things are improving.
    Kudos to you both and the hospital staff involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Best wishes to both of you from myself and my other half who posts on the site. I've found this thread through the banner at the top of the site and I remember Aoife posting in the LTI forums. I hope everything goes well and will check on the thread regularly to hear how progress goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

WOW!

Just came across this thread myself and just to reiterate everybody's support for you both. This is really incredible and I hope some of these comments help support you Shane. It's great to hear that Aoife is on the mend and I honestly hope that this continues.

Congrats on the newly wededness too!

Besty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

God I just followed the link to this from the forum. Look I'm just some bystander, I don't really know anyone on this thread but you just cannot help be heart warmed by the outpouring of support for Cathy and her partner. It inspires me to watch such a display of human decency.

Cathy I don't know you but I want you to know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

robnubis wrote:
    Whats the dolphin all about though?

:confused:

Cathy likes dolphins, afaik.

Maybe all of us boardsies could chip in and buy her a pod of dolphins? (No, I'm not being ridiculous, but you can "adopt" dolphins and whales through the WDCS, they have a really nice looking package thing... sorry, I'm hyper-literate tonight. :oDolphin stuff.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

smccarrick wrote:
    I think it will do Aoife the world of good to get out of ICU. She is making very good progress. Shane
    Great news indeed. ICU is not a nice place to be. Routing for you both, you are constently on our prayers.

Friends in Japan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Why is this thread not five stars yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

only just saw this thread now... and dont know either of you... but i do know your situation, heep the heads up and be strong. a positive outlook like yours can heal just as much if not more than any treatments and stuff.

SW

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Well, Aoife was transferred from one high dependency unit to another one today. Her NG tube was removed this morning, and she is trying to sip Fortisip for nutrition (she is having big problems keeping anything down though). She has developed some reaction to morphine, so they are exploring other pain relief methods. She walked a few steps today with the physiotherapist- it was great for her, she isn't as frightened as she was, and I think recognises that she is making progress. She is still having big problems sleeping at night- but thankfully they are flaithiul with night time sedation. I hope she sleeps tonight. Shane

Blush_01 wrote:
    Cathy likes dolphins, afaik.

Maybe all of us boardsies could chip in and buy her a pod of dolphins? (No, I'm not being ridiculous, but you can "adopt" dolphins and whales through the WDCS, they have a really nice looking package thing... sorry, I'm hyper-literate tonight. :oDolphin stuff.)

Yup, she loves dolphins. One of the best things we did was last year spent a day with a pod of estuary dolphins off Setubal. Hopefully I take her to see them again later this year when she recovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's good to hear she's doing so well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I'm delighted to hear she is improving. Give her my best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Really great to hear she is improving. Give her the best from everybody at boards.

Thanks for taking the time to give us an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Like a lot of people I clicked through to this thread and just spent the last while reading through it. Just wanted to wish you all the best. Obviously my thoughts are with Aoife, but also with you Shane....you are a true inspiration!

The best of luck to both of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

glad to hear she's doing well. i will, without a doubt, be buying a lollipop this weekend in support :)http://www.lollipopday.com/

Wahooo!
    Aoife was released from the High Dependency Unit this afternoon, and is now in a regular ward in St. Vincents Private. They were moving her to another ward in the public hospital (it would have been her 4th since Saturday evening, and there was no guarantee they wouldn't move her again tomorrow- so it was a relief to find a bed free in the private hospital, and thank god for VHI cover.....)
    She is much relieved to have made the transition a step closer to normality, and is happily in a 4 bed ward with a nice window view overlooking elmpark golf course. As she is on much fewer pain meds, her concentration levels have improved markedly too- and she is demolishing the Feb issue of Top Gear magazine (shes another Hammond fan.....)

Apart from being totally exhausted, she is doing brilliantly.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

She doesn't sound long off demanding a laptop and a wireless connection tbh... :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Delighted to hear that. It's a stressful time for you both, hopefully this is the start now of much better times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭flyingdagger

Just clicked on the link there and found this thread.Sending love,light and positive thoughts to both of you.I'm rooting for ye!:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Great news Shane. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. Pass on our regards, hopefully we'll be hearing from CathyMoran soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Thats top class news Shane!!! Way to go Aoife. What a warrior.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

smccarrick wrote:

Is it just me, or is the speed of her recovery just remarkable!?
    Fantastic news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Great news to hear, must be such a relife for you.
    Won't be long before she is posting on boards again :)

Thanks for the update Shane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

smccarrick wrote:
    Wahooo!

Shane

Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

That's great. I'm delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Groovy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Been following this for a while now and its great to her she is getting better:D

Advertisement